63 children dead in BRD Hospital, Gorakhpur

asterix

Gorakhpur tragedy: Never stopped oxygen supply: BRD vendor

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/never-stopped-oxygen-supply-brd-vendor/articleshow/60066426.cms

"Liquid oxygen supply maintained by Pushpa Sales to BRD hospital, irrespective of overdue payment, was duly maintained. First supply for this month was made on August 4 and the next intimation for refilling request from the BRD hospital came on August 11, which was fulfilled on August 12," said Meenu Walia of Pushpa Sales. She said that the company had issued a legal notice to the hospital on July 30 which said the Rs 63.65-lakh dues must be cleared within 15 days, but never stopped supply. The dues rose to Rs 69 lakh by August 8.

So company says oxygen was supplied on August 4 and 8th. So, where did those cylinders disappear?

Edited by rkt.india

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Gorakhpur tragedy: Never stopped oxygen supply: BRD vendor

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/never-stopped-oxygen-supply-brd-vendor/articleshow/60066426.cms

So company says oxygen was supplied on August 4 and 8th. So, where did those cylinders disappear?

No,

I think Gorakhpur DM in his report has got right people responsible. Principal, HOD and Pushpa sales.

I remember reading it on some Hindi newspaper. Apparently when situation arose DM made calls to Pushpa sales and said that he will personally look into the matter and make sure he gets the payment. But Pushpa Sales still did not supply it. No wonder DM was irked at Pushpa Sales from day one.

Infact I remember a lady from vendor team (Aajtak or ABP news) who said that they had sent so many reminiders, there was no option left to them

49 minutes ago, mishra said:

No,

I think Gorakhpur DM in his report has got right people responsible. Principal, HOD and Pushpa sales.

I remember reading it on some Hindi newspaper. Apparently when situation arose DM made calls to Pushpa sales and said that he will personally look into the matter and make sure he gets the payment. But Pushpa Sales still did not supply it. No wonder DM was irked at Pushpa Sales from day one.

Infact I remember a lady from vendor team (Aajtak or ABP news) who said that they had sent so many reminiders, there was no option left to them

but kids are still dying. In last two days, several kids died. Is there still no oxygen there? 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

but kids are still dying. In last two days, several kids died. Is there still no oxygen there? 

The oxygen tanks, which are used to assist in breathing, etc,  aren't a cure for the disease.  Oxygen tanks are used by healthcare professionals to help manage the symptoms and lessen the suffering. Once you are infected, there is a chance you will die. Even if you live, there is a chance of severe brain damage.  The presence/absence of the oxygen tanks isn't what is causing the deaths. The very act of being infected with the disease is what is.  

13 hours ago, Tibarn said:

The oxygen tanks, which are used to assist in breathing, etc,  aren't a cure for the disease.  Oxygen tanks are used by healthcare professionals to help manage the symptoms and lessen the suffering. Once you are infected, there is a chance you will die. Even if you live, there is a chance of severe brain damage.  The presence/absence of the oxygen tanks isn't what is causing the deaths. The very act of being infected with the disease is what is.  

yes and that is what I am trying to say. No one is looking at real cause.

13 hours ago, mishra said:

I still dont understand what you are trying to conclude. Did 50 kids die in last two days?

30 died in 2-3 days and even those 63 kids did not die in 2 days. That 63 was a death count of 5-6 days combined.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

30 died in 2-3 days and even those 63 kids did not die in 2 days. That 63 was a death count of 5-6 days combined.

Yes, and that number is way too high. Can you imagine a corpse of a child coming out every hour from one ward of hospital. I am all in and appreciative that that number of deaths is down by 30% for the same period from AES ward of BRD compared to last few years. Credit to Yogi administration on that which media hasnt highlighted but fact is DM wouldnt have made calls to Pushpa Sales if lack of oxygen supply was NOT accelerating death of the kids. It must have been real emergency for DM aand he would have realised that at the end of day, This all will boil on his head.

Edited by mishra