What if Hardik and Pant play all 3 formats together and are able to establish themselves as batsmen ?

12 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

^im just saying give him more time. Pick a crop of players and select the guy who's been consistently hitting the doors of test cricket instead of just "oh well he looks to clear the ball well, let's rope him into the team. People won't complain as he's popular and is entertaining". 

If he's the guy who's been consistent then why not. I'm just saying one season in ranji is just not enough time.

When I made this thread, it was more about the medium-run than the immediate future.

What if both end up being good with the bat.... we will have a gala time as fans.

That being said, Pandya does not have any competition for his spot and he will play.

Pant's inclusion in the test team will depend on his keeping skills .... but he looks like a good keeper so far.

He should play the next Ranji series.... and the greatest threat to that is his bench warming in the ODI squad.

But, I think we should have tried him in the Bangladesh series to see where he stands now.   He could have been flown in along with Axar and tried in this dead rubber match.  That is how you build bench strength.

While I am in favor of trying things people do seem to forget we are number 1 in the world. The profile of the squad in test cricket is also quite young.

I am sure that Pant will be tried soon enough but Saha has not been that terrible to fast track him through. Deserves to keep his spot. Simple as that....

3 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Pant in tests? We shouldn't be gifting test caps just like that based on IPL performance. The only reason Hardik is playing us because he's a fast bowling all rounder.

IPL performances ? Lol

Pant became the first person to score thousand runs in a Ranji season with a SR of 100+

Averages 65+ and already has a 300+ score in him .

22 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

While I am in favor of trying things people do seem to forget we are number 1 in the world. The profile of the squad in test cricket is also quite young.

I am sure that Pant will be tried soon enough but Saha has not been that terrible to fast track him through. Deserves to keep his spot. Simple as that....

I was talking about the medium run and not the near future.

Also thinking about the entertainment factor if it happens and not discussing the efficiency factor only.

Pant would find it difficult to be a regular in ODIs till Dhoni hangs around. His performance just doesn't matter. 

Personally would want to see this ODI team:

Rahul/Pant

Dhawan

Kohli

M Pandey

R Pant/Rahul

K Jadhav / V shankar

H Pandya

K Pandya/Jadeja

K Yadav/ Y Chahal

Bumrah

Shami