28 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

shami was going at 5.5r po in  recent sri lanka tests for his first spell ...in each innings while our ATG phaassst yadav was going at 6 rpo

Might have happened in an odd spell or two , Kohli keeps very few slips in Asia and so many edges go for boundaries when the ball is new .

Generally, after Shami has reduced the step-lengths of his run-up after coming back from injury in mid-2016, he has reduced his ER in tests to 2.87  from 3.8 earlier.

Averaging just 24.5 in this period too.

Career averages
  Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
unfiltered 25 48 778.3 127 2655 86 5/47 9/118 30.87 3.41 54.3 2 0 Profile
filtered 13 25 332.0 65 956 39 4/66 6/116 24.51 2.87 51.0 0 0

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/481896.html?class=1;spanmin1=01+Jul+2016;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Might have happened in an odd spell or two , Kohli keeps very few slips in Asia and so many edges go for boundaries when the ball is new .

Generally, after Shami has reduced the step-lengths of his run-up after coming back from injury in mid-2016, he has reduced his ER in tests to 2.87  from 3.8 earlier.

Averaging just 24.5 in this period too.

Career averages
  Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
unfiltered 25 48 778.3 127 2655 86 5/47 9/118 30.87 3.41 54.3 2 0 Profile
filtered 13 25 332.0 65 956 39 4/66 6/116 24.51 2.87 51.0 0 0

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/481896.html?class=1;spanmin1=01+Jul+2016;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

dont just jump over the gun....let him first play in south africa and then we will decide that he has more control or not....the stats you show reflect that he leaks in overseas tour like sa,eng...etc as 2014 was away tour year for india ....afterwars only home series and sri lankan series....no series in western world.....lets wait till sa tour

4 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

dont just jump over the gun....let him first play in south africa and then we will decide that he has more control or not....the stats you show reflect that he leaks in overseas tour like sa,eng...etc as 2014 was away tour year for india ....afterwars only home series and sri lankan series....no series in western world.....lets wait till sa tour

Shami is bowling in better areas in test matches in the last 16 months.

If we look at his ER in India before this period, it was a high 3.7 too... it was not like he was expensive only outside Asia 

16 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

meriwala is medium pace,i saw the bowling of ishan he looked similar to hardik type pace.

yes, medium pace means 130-135. Ishan is certainly quicker than Hardik. I have seen hardik bowl in domestic cricket for Baroda and he was quick but not as quick as Porel. Never really made batsman hop and jump as Porel did and it was sustained pace by Porel.

Edited by rkt.india

Just saw highlights of Mumbai vs Baroda - very impressive bowling by Sheth and Meriwala. Both seem decently pacy (135 to 140 ks to my naked eye), with Sheth a little taller and Meriwala being a Left armer.

Sheth is having a FC bowling average of 18 and seems to be amongst wickets all matches. Also seems a very handy bat with his scores this Ranji season reading 109, 70*, 95* - Another candidate for pace bowling allrounder?

6 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

to me meriwala looked around 125 kph range in this match .

i have seen Meriwala befor, maybe in list A, under speed guns and he is 135KPh. He is deceptively quick. Atit Sheth too is 130-135 and Meriwala was quicker than him. 125 is Binny who looks far slower than these guy.

16 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

binny bowls 119 k in ranji,meriwala reminded me of arvind .

and same binny bowls 125-130 in international. and i am comparing his international bowling to Meriwala's bowling and not his domestic bowling. Check Abhijeet karmbelkars bowling in his match, he is binny type pace. Also see Sagar from Baroda, he is also 125-130. I have seen him before under speed guns.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Atit Sheth bowling a barrage of bouncers to Rahane and Iyer.

Most have looked good and some flew through to the keeper.

If this guy can increase his speed to 135 k to 142 k range , it would be nice 

How did his batting look for the duration of 60 balls? does it look like he can bat well at international level ??

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How did his batting look for the duration of 60 balls? does it look like he can bat well at international level ??

Haven't seen him bat yet.

But Atit can be a Hardik type pacer with better accuracy. 

He has a good quick bouncer like Hardik but a medium-fast good length ball like Hardik too.

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Haven't seen him bat yet.

But Atit can be a Hardik type pacer with better accuracy. 

He has a good quick bouncer like Hardik but a medium-fast good length ball like Hardik too.

Yes he looked very much like hardik, short ball stuff. But looks like he has better control over his bowling.

Haven't seen his batting or fielding skills.

However his batting stats are exciting