Talent watch

1 hour ago, puneet28 said:

Still remember the peach delivery he bowled to Hashim Amla in his last test in Bangalore. Don't know who he faded away because he was 3rd/4th option in seam bowling. 

One thing that we suffered largely because is Dhoni, and if he still was captain we would have had an attack of BK, PK ,Unadkunt.

Let's hope Aaron comes into the picture soon enough as he has unfulfilled potential n should've been more successful then Umesh

On 10/2/2017 at 11:46 PM, rkt.india said:

Sarfaraz is 19 now. He is talking about he was 17 when he saw him first and trying to say that he is best 17 year old batsman he ever saw and I agree. The way he was tonking bowlers in PL 2 years back was exciting to see.

I get it;  his wording reminded me of time when Afridi was 16 y.o. for like 5 years ... just injecting light-heartedness to serious convos is all.

6 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Aaron is a investment selectors should've made, far better then S Thakur, Unadkat, Dinda, Dhawal not even in his league.

He would be an ideal foil n competition for Umesh, slightly quicker with more seam movement and bounce, hope some how he is back into the squad.

Aaron played in England tests and New Zealand Odis with not much returns. Looked ordinary in nz in Odis.

19 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Tait had the ability n natural speed, I often look at speed a bowler bowls with his first delivery of the day, last spell, he could touch 150 at will,his problem was control ,pace wise I think he was as fast as Lee, Akhtar, one guy who could be express per reports is Patrick Patterson but those were days with no speed guns, but batters have vouched for his being express.

There is no proof Zahid was that quick, or even quick. I wonder how you can count him quick when you don't consider Srinath, Aaron or Yadav to be express. The bias is hilarious 

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

There is no proof Zahid was that quick, or even quick. I wonder how you can count him quick when you don't consider Srinath, Aaron or Yadav to be express. The bias is hilarious 

I have seen his spell where he made Lara jump n hop around, n during that time he was said to be as quick as Akhtar, the way the ball travelled n bounced and the batters look completely ungainly, also Lara has talked about that spell.

It's one to decipher, but Srinath was fast medium for half of his career after injury n fast before it, he was not express which is a rare thing, n certainly Umesh is not express as we all can agree on that, fast yes certainly.

10 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/wisdenalmanack/content/story/151367.html

This was during that series n what Hooper said, also Lara in one of the interviews had mentioned ,I'll try to find

This is a nice thread you started

Let us not derail it by discussing too much about past Pakistani pacers     : )

This is the reason why I did not carry on the debate.

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is a nice thread you started

Let us not derail it by discussing too much about past Pakistani pacers     : )

This is the reason why I did not carry on the debate.

I love to watch pace, n sports knows no boundaries, loved watching Shane Bond as well who was quick but just short of express, Aaron to me is probably the fastest bolwer we have, quicker then Umesh , at his peak Srinath was somewhere in that pace range as Aaron is, I've seen him bowl 153 or 154 kph delivery in domestics n that compares to fastest recorded speed i think of Srinath around 155 if m right.

1 hour ago, MCcricket said:

I have seen his spell where he made Lara jump n hop around, n during that time he was said to be as quick as Akhtar, the way the ball travelled n bounced and the batters look completely ungainly, also Lara has talked about that spell.

It's one to decipher, but Srinath was fast medium for half of his career after injury n fast before it, he was not express which is a rare thing, n certainly Umesh is not express as we all can agree on that, fast yes certainly.

He might be as quick as Akthar in 95-97 but Akhtar wasn't at his quickest at that time.  Even in 1999, Akhtar's quickest was 154. Now talk about 96, a 21 year old Akhtar, dont think, was clocking over 150KPH in 1996. But the thing was Akhtar kept getting quicker as he matured. Zahid did not.

29 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

is fidel also express i remember him bowling well over 150 in 2003 in sa , i think he topped out at 157 or 158 but got smashed everywhere on that tour.

Point noted but I have seen him bowl and remember the pace was uncomfortable for the best BATSMEN in the world at that time , Edwards n Sami were similar had pace but were limited .

2 hours ago, MCcricket said:

I love to watch pace, n sports knows no boundaries, loved watching Shane Bond as well who was quick but just short of express, Aaron to me is probably the fastest bolwer we have, quicker then Umesh , at his peak Srinath was somewhere in that pace range as Aaron is, I've seen him bowl 153 or 154 kph delivery in domestics n that compares to fastest recorded speed i think of Srinath around 155 if m right.

Shane Bond was certainly express. He hit 156KPH in 2003 wc.