I cant wait to see Sreesanth again

BERGKAMP

I'm glad he is not blindly following any of his Idols. Aggressive pace bowlers are a common scene. The thing about Sreesanth is his aggression on the field charges him up to bring out the best. Most of the time scribes jump upon a word or a phrase and twist it to their convenience and that is what you read. He'll get better in his dealings both on and off the field. He is only 25ish. Long way to go...
If periodically coming up with juvenile statements like is what you call aggression, then you need to brush up your vocabulary too. If I were an opposition player and see Sreesanth giving such statements, I would be laughing my a$$ off, not feel threatened. Sreesanth is now slowly resembling Akhtar, lots of talk, but very little to show as far as results are concerned.

He was all over the place during the England series. Too much intensity and nowhere near enough substance. He will need to make a big impression to solidify his place in the Indian XI - ie; actually taking wickets in between all the staring and mouthing off that he does. Not that i mind all that, because it's nice to see an Indian cricketer with a boisterous attitude but you still have to perform...

If periodically coming up with juvenile statements like is what you call aggression, then you need to brush up your vocabulary too. If I were an opposition player and see Sreesanth giving such statements, I would be laughing my a$$ off, not feel threatened. Sreesanth is now slowly resembling Akhtar, lots of talk, but very little to show as far as results are concerned.
Sure the guy took 3 wickets in each ODI game he recently played. I wont call it juvenile statements it is more coming from the heart of a common Indian Cricket fan that you see in the streets of Indian cities. He is a player but also a fan who loves to see India win. Also this shows the money he made has not stripped off his "down to earth" character. Some people takes pride in linking one thing over other it is just humane.
He was all over the place during the England series. Too much intensity and nowhere near enough substance. He will need to make a big impression to solidify his place in the Indian XI - ie; actually taking wickets in between all the staring and mouthing off that he does. Not that i mind all that' date=' because it's nice to see an Indian cricketer with a boisterous attitude but you still have to perform...[/quote'] RP Singh who is leading Indian pace attack has 48 wickets in 38 matches. Sreesanth has 50 in 34 matches.

With the resurgance of Irfan Pathan, Ishant Sharma and the debut of Praveen Kumar, it is good to see that Sreesanth will have to fight for his place instead of being in and out of the side despite going for six an over in ODIs. Sreesanth is a great potential and his recent 145kph pace in ODIs is very promising as is his great swing, but he will need to sort out his accuracy significently to keep his place in the side.

How ironic is it, that the OP must have photo that Sreesanth alongside RP Singh. I must admit if i were RPS, I would be wondering what the heck Sree is yacking about. After all, apart from the Jo'Berg triumph and the 20/20 semi-final against Aus, I dont recollect Sreesanth playing a lead-role with the ball in any of our victories. RPS on the other hand, was instrumental in us winning in England, now in Perth, apart from the numerous one-day wins he has played a decent role in. Yet, we hardly hear anything on him, he doesnt ever get caught in some controversy. Man, this guy is one heck of a silent performer, yet he is just 22.

Australia should be scared of me - Sree! New Delhi: S Sreesanth has not set his foot on Australian soil yet but the spunky Kerala speedster has already issued a warning, asking Ricky Ponting's men to watch out for him in the forthcoming tri-series there. A renowned Australia antagonist, Sreesanth is aware that spotlight would be on him Down Under because of his frequent run-ins with Ricky Ponting and his team mates, especially Andrew Symonds. That, however, does not bother the pacer. "I'm not scared of anyone. On the contrary, I think Australia should be scared of me because I'm back. And I'm back after a rest too," he told reporters here today. Having featured in numerous eyeball-to-eyeball confrontation with Symonds during Australia's ODI series last year, Sreesanth knows he would be under scrutiny but does not lose his sleep over the prospect. "Well, I always loved spotlight," he admitted. Perhaps aware that India's ongoing Australia tour has already seen enough bad blood, Sreesanth, however, vowed that he would never overstep the line. "Sreesanth will always remain Sreesanth. I love the game and play it with passion. I would always follow my heart. "But having said that, I know the rules of the game and I would never overstep. I would never do something that can affect the spirit of the game," he said. :D