Ishan Porel - new fast bowler from India (just 19 year old)

rkt.india

3 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

We can win easy . But could not care less . Produce 2 quicks is all I want 

we have choked too many times despite being favs. against WI (Joseph and co) is one example. biggest one however was the choke against Pakistani in 2006 (I think) where we failed to chase 100-odd.  that team had chepu and others.

9 minutes ago, nsareen said:

he is injured with tissue damage, hopefully will be back by quarters.. but it seems he is not 150k & more of a 130-140K with the brief we saw on the speed gun

yes around 140, which is good for U19. Will get quicker as his action gets better.

I like the fact that all 3 quicks can bowl in excess of 135k which does not happen in national teams too very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moreover he gets good bounce!

2 real quick bowlers, one who bounces a lot, 1 left arm swing bowler, 1 slow medium, 3 left arm spinners, 1 leg break, they have pretty much everything except off break bowler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, nsareen said:

but it seems he is not 150k & more of a 130-140K with the brief we saw on the speed gun

38 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yes around 140, which is good for U19. Will get quicker as his action gets better.

Porel is probably like Bumrah regarding the bowling speed aspect.

Bumrah is bowling 138 k to 148 k in tests  but bowls 135 k to 143 k in ODIs ....  going flat out only in tests.

Porel could be the same  .....  that is he may bowl 3 kph or 4 kph quicker in 4-day matches