The ATP Tour 2018

Cricketics

Cincy final tonight. 1st Djokerer meeting since 2016 AO SF, no matter who wins I will be pleased but come on Fed :cheer:

Either Nole is going to be the 1st man to win all Masters 1000 titles, or Fed is going to even the H2H.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Cincy final tonight. 1st Djokerer meeting since 2016 AO SF, no matter who wins I will be pleased but come on Fed :cheer:

Either Nole is going to be the 1st man to win all Masters 1000 titles, or Fed is going to even the H2H.

Nope.

A certain chap called Ivan Lendl already is the first man to win all masters 1000 titles. He doesn't 'technically' hold the title because they were called Grand Prix (wtf, right ?) in the 80s. 

But format was still the same as pre-2007:  9 tournaments ( back then Monte Carlo was also a mandatory one) and Bo3 rounds with Bo5 finals.

**** fest by Fed :((, congrats Nole on this historic achievement.....truly a champion player.

Based on what I have seen in Rogers Cup and Cincy, Nadal is the clear favorite and Nole is 2nd best bet. Draw will have to open up very kindly for Fed to make a deep run there, his ground game is non existent, his ROS is horrendous. 

Edited by Gollum

It seems we are finally seeing the permanent decline of Federer. I hope I'm wrong but this is not just a phase anymore. He's 37 now and he cannot evade father time forever no matter how long and consistent a career he has had. He's been showing signs since Canada last year and now this year he's been losing to players he shouldn't have been. 2017 federer would've won against this version of djokovic in straights. He can still be in the top 10 and have a few odd runs based on draws but his days of winning major titles and beating top players are gone. Again I hope I'm wrong.

Djokovic has gone deep into Federer's head, huge mental block for the Swiss. Moreover he is unable to handle Nole's depth of shots, even with reduced power. Nole's GOAT ROS too nullifies Fed's servebotting to a great extent. I can't see Fed ever prevailing over Nole in a BO5 match, someone else has to take out the Serb if Fed is to add to his tally. I like both of them, whilst Fed may retire with the majors record IMHO Nole has it in him to retire as the true GOAT. Privileged to have followed the greatest (men's) tennis era of all time.

Edited by Gollum