BOOKED FOR GOING 50KM/HR OVER ON 407 - TORONTO

Pak_cric

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

you are going through the same routine as my colleague who went over 100 mph. He had to hire lawyer. His premium went up. He had to shell out money. It will be in his record for 7 years.

Well I was going at 97 miles / hours...never gonna do that **** again. 

18 minutes ago, Pak_cric said:

Well I was going at 97 miles / hours...never gonna do that **** again. 

Did you do that long enough?  I mean did you drive at 157 for 4-5 minutes or did you do it for just one minute and the cop caught you. 

Also, I am wondering where did the cop come from on the highway all of a sudden. I mean, were you  not vigilant when you were driving if cop is around. Whenever I drive fast, I keep ensuring that there is no cop car in my vicinity. If I find one, I immediately slow down. But offcourse, I won't go to 150.... but even for 130 we need to be careful! :-)

19 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Did you do that long enough?  I mean did you drive at 157 for 4-5 minutes or did you do it for just one minute and the cop caught you. 

Also, I am wondering where did the cop come from on the highway all of a sudden. I mean, were you  not vigilant when you were driving if cop is around. Whenever I drive fast, I keep ensuring that there is no cop car in my vicinity. If I find one, I immediately slow down. But offcourse, I won't go to 150.... but even for 130 we need to be careful! :-)

if one has to do 135 then have to have someone check waze, and look out for cop car alerts. 

5 hours ago, sarcastic said:

I probably did for like a minute ... when the cop caught me I had just slowed down to like 130ish... he chased me from like a km away and caught up to me. No I have no idea where he came from. 

You need a nice navigation system. New systems tell us that we are going above speed limits every 10 seconds until one reduces the speed. You can set alert for 10 MPH above the limit or 15 or 20. Its a nice feature. Keep it on until you have developed good habits and you are all set. 

Good luck.

25 minutes ago, Pak_cric said:

I probably did for like a minute ... when the cop caught me I had just slowed down to like 130ish... he chased me from like a km away and caught up to me. No I have no idea where he came from. 

You must be very unlucky then!!

My question is because, if he came from behind you must have crossed him or something!!! In that case, you were not vigilant enough to not have noticed him.... :no:

I do not know this app "waze". Should look into it. 

I am a regular user of outer ring road in hyderabad while commuting to my office by car. Hyderabad traffic police has been coming up with many stringent rules and one of them are issuing of e-challans for breaking traffic rules.

Now initially the speed limit of ORR used to be 120kmph, but they reduced it to 100 this July. Whenever the road was empty I used to clock max of 140kmph.

One fine day, while discussing about my friend's challan I casually checked my challans thinking it would be zero. To my shock, I had 9 pending challans with total fine of 14k rupees.

I had no other choice but to just pay them. But honestly I am very happy with hyderabad traffic police as drunken driving has decreased a lot and many of the people I know including myself have stopped driving completely even if lightly drunk.

I heard they are going to introduce point system too and I have decided to be more decisplined.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, nikred said:

I am a regular user of outer ring road in hyderabad while commuting to my office by car. Hyderabad traffic police has been coming up with many stringent rules and one of them are issuing of e-challans for breaking traffic rules.

Now initially the speed limit of ORR used to be 120kmph, but they reduced it to 100 this July. Whenever the road was empty I used to clock max of 140kmph.

One fine day, while discussing about my friend's challan I casually checked my challans thinking it would be zero. To my shock, I had 9 pending challans with total fine of 14k rupees.

I had no other choice but to just pay them. But honestly I am very happy with hyderabad traffic police as drunken driving has decreased a lot and many of the people I know including myself have stopped driving completely even if lightly drunk.

I heard they are going to introduce point system too and I have decided to be more decisplined.

Wow they are efficient. What are the 9 challans for ? Speeding ?

Wow they are efficient. What are the 9 challans for ? Speeding ?
Yes, all for overspeeding. I felt it was harsh for some of them. Paying Rs.1035 for going at 102kmph. But they seem to have updated the limit now as 105kmph even though it says 100kmph.