Asian teams in SA, Eng, Aus, NZ since Jan 1 , 2011 (Bharat Desh Mahaan 2-17)

Gollum

2 hours ago, TheWall said:

what about home statistics????

Home stats don't excuse our lot of this dismal away H2H in these 4 countries. As @speedheat correctly asked are we Bangladesh? We have been playing cricket since before our Independence, huge population with crazy following for cricket, huge talent pool, great coaches and training centers, less worldwide competition, shitloads of money.....literally no excuse. 

Edited by Gollum

I have been following test cricket since 1990s and it is 8-41 since then in the countries being discussed. And we had many of our ATGs playing in that period .... The mid 70s to mid 80s was probably the best time for Ind overseas in the countries mentioned

So many hopeful fans have come and gone, but the record remains, hinting that it is a waste of time to be even following such records/stats until team Ind actually becomes more consistent outside Asia 

Edited by zen
On 1/6/2018 at 9:32 AM, Gollum said:

Not included Bangladesh for obvious reasons. 

India:

Played 23

W 1 (Lord's 2014)

L 15

D 6

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/team/6.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=5;spanmin1=01+Jan+2011;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team

UPDATE: India 2-17 after SA tour, 2018

:facepalm:That's a pathetic record for a no. 1 team. Kohli, make a promise not to repeat the SA tour mistakes in England or Anushka will be asked to stop chuski forever! :giggle:

3 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

:facepalm:That's a pathetic record for a no. 1 team. Kohli, make a promise not to repeat the SA tour mistakes in England or Anushka will be asked to stop chuski forever! :giggle:

We weren't near number 1 till early 2016. Ofc we were no 1 in Eng 2011 but lost it after they raped us in the 1st 2 tests. Dhoni era was torture.

10 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Why is winning in WI and SL discounted when:

1. WI drew with England at home, won a test against them away, and beat Pakistan when they were the number 1 side

2. SL whitewashed austraya and beat Pakistan in UAE, something no other team has ever done. 

those were legitimate victories. 

8 of those 17 losses were in 2011. What do they have to with India's ranking in 2018? 

And if you're questioning India's away record, how does it look relative to other non Asian countries record in Asia? 

This bullshit cherry picking of stats is pointless. It's basically goras trying to feel better about themselves when they see India rightfully ranked number 1 in the world. Too bad rankings aren't based on hurt feelings

Because we need to set higher standards if we want to be counted as a truly great team. I don't want India to be first among equals, India should aim to be a once in a generation team. Took the cut off of 1 Jan 2011 to explain how bad Dhoni era was for Indian cricket.  

4 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

But you're judging the team by counting losses from almost a decade ago, it makes no sense. It's not just dishonest, it's basically trolling at this point. 

Kohli has been captain since 2015, judge him based on those results.

in that period, He has a win % comparable with any captain in history. India has almost equaled the record for consecutive series wins. Statistically, its already one of the greatest teams of all time. 

if they fail to win a test in England and Australia, you could criticize them on merit. 

I also made a post on this thread about our overseas record in 2002-09. Was intending to compare the contrast between the highs of 2000s under fab 4 with the lows of this decade. I would love if Kohli's team can recreate the 2002-09 run we had in these 4 countries. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

I also made a post on this thread about our overseas record in 2002-09. Was intending to compare the contrast between the highs of 2000s under fab 4 with the lows of this decade. I would love if Kohli's team can recreate the 2002-09 run we had in these 4 countries. 

I'm confident we'll do well in Australia only if we can keep Smith in check. England tour is what I'm a bit nervous about, the thing with swing/seam bowlers is that they get better with age, and a 36 year old Jimmy with 16 years of experience bowling to our batsmen makes me fear.