India u19 Pacers: Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Ishan Porel

PBN

53 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

really like this U19 pacer too. Vivekanand Tiwaru. Didn't get selected for WC but looks good, proper fast bowlers runup, fairly tall, god strong action, not as quick as Mavi or Nagarkoti but will get quicker as he has some good basics.

Young UP pacers, Kartik Tyagi , Vineet Panwar and DP Singh .... all look like quick and bouncy bowlers.

5 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

They should both be drafted in to the national squad for tests and be a part of rotation. Immediately. Before the coaches have the time to "coach" them up and ruin them.

They're about as polished as they come. 

Too young to play test cricket. Test cricket asks high stamina from bowlers to maintain intensity when bowling 20 overs a day.

13 minutes ago, chapetmarunga said:

Meanwhile the 3rd pacer is grunting while bowling at 127kph. :facepalm:. Have we no one else who bowls at least 130kph ?

We do have but not in the squad. Porel got injured. Some others in India. Mandeep Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Aditya Thakrey is fine too, Tiwari. Though I fell Arshdeep bowled slower today. He was clocking quicker in Challengers.

Edited by rkt.india
16 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Too young to play test cricket. Test cricket asks high stamina from bowlers to maintain intensity when bowling 20 overs a day.

Too young? 18 isn't too young to play test cricket when you're talented. With these guys on South African or Australian pitches as second attack bowlers to Shami/BK/Bumrah/Yadav/Sharma they wouldn't always be bowling 20 overs. Also given that they're(at least Kotti) out and out fast, we'll probably have Ashwin and Pandya/part timer taking most of the load. 

41 minutes ago, chapetmarunga said:

Meanwhile the 3rd pacer is grunting while bowling at 127kph. :facepalm:. Have we no one else who bowls at least 130kph ?

127kph for a young guy who has not played international cricket is pretty sharp. He is at par with the fastest bowlers his age in the tournament.

1 hour ago, Dada's Army said:

Ian Bishop continually singing praises for Navi and Nagarkoti whilst commentating here. Says he is so impressed that they are not only lightning fast but also polished in their bowling techniques.

Bish knows his cricket and his pace bowling, so that is high praise indeed. 

Bishop also quoted Ajit Agarkar how Nagarkoti reminds him of Agarkar. What a good talent he was! Bishop specifically mentioned that Agarkar was pretty fast too,bowling in excess of 140. Bishop is very aware of things. Very impressive.

I seriously think Ian Bishop and Murali Karthik  ( Yes, you heard it right.. ) are the two best, sensible and balanced commentators going around in world cricket. They should be the face of commentary the world over.

36 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Too young? 18 isn't too young to play test cricket when you're talented. With these guys on South African or Australian pitches as second attack bowlers to Shami/BK/Bumrah/Yadav/Sharma they wouldn't always be bowling 20 overs. Also given that they're(at least Kotti) out and out fast, we'll probably have Ashwin and Pandya/part timer taking most of the load. 

Too young for a fast bowlers.

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

@Mosher Have you heard Murali Karthik commentating, rather paid attention? I think he is anyday 10 times better than any of the bhogle's, gavaskars and the gang. Your thoughts?

I like Karthik as a commentator. He is pretty good at it. Agarkar too would make a good commentator. I love to hear Bishop's commentary whenever a Indian fast bowler is bowling well. He has genuine love for fast bowling. Such a refreshing change from Holding. These guys are gold in comparison to Manju, Sunny and Bhogle.

3 minutes ago, Mosher said:

I like Karthik as a commentator. He is pretty good at it. Agarkar too would make a good commentator. I love to hear Bishop's commentary whenever a Indian fast bowler is bowling well. He has genuine love for fast bowling. Such a refreshing change from Holding. These guys are gold in comparison to Manju, Sunny and Bhogle.

Yeah, I totally forgot about Agarkar. His commentary is just like his bowling. Gives it all. 

26 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Bishop also quoted Ajit Agarkar how Nagarkoti reminds him of Agarkar. What a good talent he was! Bishop specifically mentioned that Agarkar was pretty fast too,bowling in excess of 140. Bishop is very aware of things. Very impressive.

I seriously think Ian Bishop and Murali Karthik  ( Yes, you heard it right.. ) are the two best, sensible and balanced commentators going around in world cricket. They should be the face of commentary the world over.

Yeah he made a good point that nothing is a sure thing, as Agarkar's career kinda showed.

I love Bish's commentary. In fact I like all the W.Indians- Holding, and even Jeffrey Dujon, whenever we get a chance to hear him.

Murali Karthik, you say? :thinking: I haven't really listened to him much. I'll have to pay more attention.

2 minutes ago, Dada's Army said:

Yeah he made a good point that nothing is a sure thing, as Agarkar's career kinda showed.

I love Bish's commentary. In fact I like all the W.Indians- Holding, and even Jeffrey Dujon, whenever we get a chance to hear him.

Murali Karthik, you say? :thinking: I haven't really listened to him much. I'll have to pay more attention.

Nagarkot is far quicker than Agarkar at this age and has shown better control. He starts first ball at 140.

Edited by rkt.india