Feel for Ashwin

Gollum

19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He had 6 dropped catches in a test match. When was the last time any bowler had these many put down? I am struggling to find an equivalent of the **** show by our fielders. If a batsman has 6 continuous howlers against him and averages 40 in a 3 match series, will you call that ordinary? And I heard so much about this Maharaj, people couldn't stop raving about him, he outbowled Lyon in Aus and wrecked the Kiwis in NZ. What did he do this match? This pitch wasn't a turner like many would want us to believe, it had very little for spinners and that is why we could play him so comfortably. 

SA didn't need their spinner as their seamers were enough to trouble our side 

Also Ashwin is a premier bowler in this lineup ,he is expected to win matches on such "Subcontinent type" pitches

Granted he had many catches dropped but that doesn't mean his average performances will not be highlighted,at least I expect more from him

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

SA didn't need their spinner as their seamers were enough to trouble our side 

Also Ashwin is a premier bowler in this lineup ,he is expected to win matches on such "Subcontinent type" pitches

Granted he had many catches dropped but that doesn't mean his average performances will not be highlighted,at least I expect more from him

It is a slow pitch. We have to be mindful of that. Batsmen have ample time to play on their backfoot.

11 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

once again it highlights his shortcoming ,may be jaddu was better choice than him here 

India could go with only one spinner. Jadeja as a batsman would not last one or two ball against these set of bowlers. If you go in with  Rohit at 5, Saha at 6, Pandya at no.7 (who himself is a rookie), Jaddu is at no.8  it will be too risky.  Job of Ash here is to pick 2 or 3 wickets in each innings. He created more than 6 chances in this test which were not taken by our fielders. He would have taken 7 wickets in this test but for those drops. It is more than what we expected from him. Add his runs. He is more useful to Indian side as a sum than Jaddu. We merely assume Jaddu would have done well. Not sure how.