Playing XI for Twenty20 against Australia and postmortem of the game.

Cricketics

Knowing India's past great heroics in fielding:D.......this was a sign of improvement' date=' sheer enthusiasm and efforts were there, if they continue like that it will further improve and we will be able to see some results in future.[/quote'] I find this extremely ironic! Thsi team was picked up because they where supposedly a good fielding side. But from what I have seen today I am extremely disappointed. May be they had lost all hope of winning this one.
I find this extremely ironic! Thsi team was picked up because they where supposedly a good fielding side. But from what I have seen today I am extremely disappointed. May be they had lost all hope of winning this one.
The truth is that maybe apart from Raina there are no great fielders in this team. All the youngsters are being clubbed together and given a free ride especially GG and KKD. At least one of KKD, GG, SR, RU, RS needs to step up both in terms of batting and fielding and show that he belongs. Those who don't step up should be given a temporary sack.
The truth is that maybe apart from Raina there are no great fielders in this team. All the youngsters are being clubbed together and given a free ride especially GG and KKD. At least one of KKD' date=' GG, SR, RU, RS needs to step up both in terms of batting and fielding and show that he belongs. Those who don't step up should be given a temporary sack.[/quote'] I don't think so, I have seen some great fielding performance from these youngsters. how can one forget karthick's catch of smith... oh u beauty! my be this just wasn't their game...:((

So this great fielding! So many runs did they save and more importantly how many did they make? This is just T20 so I am not worried. I am looking forward to these guys saving lots of runs as compared to the oldies and also score more or equal to the oldies. Just saving runs is not enough in my book.

Match Postmortem thread The batsmen forgot their roles' - Dhoni Brydon Coverdale at the MCG February 1, 2008 Irfan Pathan was the only batsman to get into double digits as India slumped to a nine-wicket defeat © Getty Images Mahendra Singh Dhoni says India's batsmen need to rethink their roles in the team after the side was bundled out for 74 in a nine-wicket Twenty20 loss to Australia. Irfan Pathan was the only man who reached double-figures and Dhoni said early wickets meant too many players were forced into unfamiliar tactics. "We ended up [in a situation where] players who should have played their strokes were [forced to] play some other game, and guys who should have stayed there and given the strokeplayers a base played their shots and got out," Dhoni said. The typically aggressive Dhoni had to attempt a rescue mission after India wobbled to 5 for 32, but could only manage a watchful 9 from 27 balls. Before Dhoni departed, Gautam Gambhir and Robin Uthappa were both caught when they aimed over the infield and Rohit Sharma was bowled trying to pull a delivery that was much too full. "Somewhere in the middle, they forgot their roles and responsibilities in the team," Dhoni said. "We lost too many early wickets, and in the middle overs it was really hard to determine whether to go after the bowlers or just rotate the strike because on a wicket like this you cannot really defend 120 runs." Dhoni was confident the loss would not affect his team's mindset ahead of the CB Series, though his counterpart Michael Clarke said Australia now had the momentum. Clarke said as much as India's mistakes, it was Australia's precision that earned them their first Twenty20 win against the world champions. "The way we prepared, studied the Indian batsmen over the last few Twenty20s that they've played, I think our preparation was spot on and our execution was exactly how we wanted it," Clarke said. Australia and India now travel to Brisbane for the opening tri-series game on Sunday. Brydon Coverdale is a staff writer at Cricinfo ---------------- This guy Dhoni is good. No hysterical overreaction. Just measured criticism of players, but enough for them to get the message.

I am just copy pasting my analysis from another thread: Time for retrospection. With all due respect to the phenomenal Aussie performance, India can take solace from the fact that the team was almost entirely new. This match was nothing more than a practice game for them as they needed to get acclimatized to Australia. That said Australia was clinical in finishing off India, a great performance from them. First up there where a few selection blunders. Injury had ruled out Yuvraj - arguably the best batsman in T20, even though he is not in the best of forms, his loss was a big blow considering we are in Australia and we have a young side with little experience to fall back on. This is where Sachin was important, but since he seems to have opted himself out, much can't be said. But KDK was a big blunder. Is KDK a better batsman than Raina? What was the logic behind giving KDK another chance? If some one needed any practice it should have been Raina, Karthick has got enough chances and he has made a mess out of it. Surely, KDK is not a better batsman than Raina, nor is he in a great form. I presume Raina would be used more than KDK in the ODI series, so, it must have been Raina and not KDK. Anyways, since he has messed it up lets hope we have seen the last of him in this tour at least. Many of our batsmen, made the same mistake and none seems to learn it. MS Dhoni who talks about the role of batsmen, forgot he too had a role. With 5 wickets down and not much batting left, he had to preserve his wicket for a late onslaught, rather he went for his shots, even though he wasn't finding the middle of the bat. He was slogging in desperation and did the same mistake done by most of our batsman - i.e., trying to hit themselves out of trouble on a big ground where big shots seemed to be small. The batsmen constantly failed to realize taking the aerial route in this ground may mean suicide. With so little to defend, I don't find it apt to take on the Indian bowling. But their fielding was below par, given that these young guns where chosen because of their fielding prowess. May be they can take a leaf out of the awesome Aussie performance in the field, not that they shouldn't learn a little bit of everything from them. But learn it quickly, as there isn't a lot of time left.

Dinesh Karthik :hysterical::hysterical: everytime u see a foolish dismissal happen, kindly bump this thread. karthik takez the honourz of the day.. well done Dinesh
Hi Cricketics... If you catch hold of that Ball of Lee I mean the bending arm please post it.... Its hard to face a fast delivery , but it is much harder to judge the line & length when it is a chuck....

Dhoni got full credit for 20-20 world win , did he deserve it, no he simply was riding the wave , today he was needed to stay at wicket and take singles and rotate strike with irfan which he failed miserably and now he comes out and blames batsmen , what about your performance mr Dhoni how did you do today. His made some ridiculous statement earlier this week , Australia were bowling negative line to keep him quiet during test series, well Mr.Dhoni what do you expect from them feed you juicy full tosses , you score 9 runs from 27 balls today learn something from irfan he atleast tried to take singles and play out 20 overs .That also you couldnt do you bloody wimp.

You guys are unbelievable... When this same set of "fcking youngsters" won you the T20 world cup, everyone was celebrating. One loss, and the daggers are out. When will you people ever grow up as mature cricket fans ? Sigh...........
I agree that term came up in the heat of the moment and nothing serious was meant. That said there is no doubt that the youngsters really f*cked up. One could understand their performance, if the bowling was so unplayable, but it was not so. Most of them fell to the same mistake, trying hit out of trouble, this ground was honestly too big for that to workout. What was disheartening to see was none seemed to learn from the mistakes of their colleagues, wicket after wicket fell in attempt the clear the heads of the aussies. And True this was more or less the same team that won us the T20 WC. But to think that should some how absolve them of the mistakes they have done is unacceptable. If you want to be a champion each and every game matters.
Dhoni got full credit for 20-20 world win , did he deserve it, no he simply was riding the wave , today he was needed to stay at wicket and take singles and rotate strike with irfan which he failed miserably and now he comes out and blames batsmen , what about your performance mr Dhoni how did you do today. His made some ridiculous statement earlier this week , Australia were bowling negative line to keep him quiet during test series, well Mr.Dhoni what do you expect from them feed you juicy full tosses , you score 9 runs from 27 balls today learn something from irfan he atleast tried to take singles and play out 20 overs .That also you couldnt do you bloody wimp.
Got to agree!

First of all, the team selection was bullshit. When you are playing on Australian soil, you have to take experienced and skillful batsmen and not inexperienced athletes. Young batsmen play with enthusiasm; but you need more than that to succeed in Australia. I am not sure dropping Dravid and Laxman from ODIs was a great idea. They are already set in Australian conditions and they could have been used to great effect.