3 wicketkeepers for 3 formats

8 hours ago, philcric said:

Busted !! There's no way anybody can objectively defend this.

PS: At 18:02 in the video, Manjrekar says "Let's not be too harsh on Parthiv Patel. What he's done here should not shock too many people because Parthiv Patel has always been a below average keeper" :biggrin:

Lol "below average" ... that's a very diplomatic way of putting it :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Khota said:

I will pick Parthiv above Saha to play. This is a combination of keeping and batting.

where batting gets nullified with consistent dropping of 2-4 catches each game, had he been sangakaara i wud have taken it but parthiv is good for 40-60 run max for those 2-4 catches every game is to much of deficit 

What's this hype about Parthiv's batting ?

Tests

Parthiv - 31 average

Saha - 30 average

FC

Parthiv - 44 average

Saha - 43 average

List A

Parthiv - 30 average

Saha - 43 average

T20

Parthiv - 23 average, 122 SR

Saha - 25 average, 131 SR

Averages are not everything but if Parthiv was a significantly better batsman than Saha, it should reflect at least a bit in stats. If anything, Saha is easily beating Parthiv in List A and T20s.

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

where batting gets nullified with consistent dropping of 2-4 catches each game, had he been sangakaara i wud have taken it but parthiv is good for 40-60 run max for those 2-4 catches every game is to much of deficit 

If it is 2-4 catches then you are correct. In reality it is nowhere close to that.

6 hours ago, philcric said:

What's this hype about Parthiv's batting ?

Tests

Parthiv - 31 average

Saha - 30 average

FC

Parthiv - 44 average

Saha - 43 average

List A

Parthiv - 30 average

Saha - 43 average

T20

Parthiv - 23 average, 122 SR

Saha - 25 average, 131 SR

Averages are not everything but if Parthiv was a significantly better batsman than Saha, it should reflect at least a bit in stats. If anything, Saha is easily beating Parthiv in List A and T20s.

Cricket averages done the way currently are useless. 

6 hours ago, Khota said:

If it is 2-4 catches then you are correct. In reality it is nowhere close to that.

are u in some denial, there it is for u

9 drops in 4 games means , 2 every game and this is before SA games where he dropped 4 catches

But how wud u knw, u urself say u dnt watch cricket 

6 hours ago, Khota said:

yes anything that doesnt support ur argument is useless. IF avg is useless , bradman legacy is useless to....

7 hours ago, Khota said:

Useless, as in they don't mean anything at all? The averages over a fair period of time do not reflect the ability and performance of a batsman?

How do you propose the cricket averages to be done, so that they are not useless?

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

are u in some denial, there it is for u

9 drops in 4 games means , 2 every game and this is before SA games where he dropped 4 catches

But how wud u knw, u urself say u dnt watch cricket 

yes anything that doesnt support ur argument is useless. IF avg is useless , bradman legacy is useless to....

Who is Deepu Narayan and how does he knows he dropped it.

Go look at the numbers and see cathches per match and then correlate. The data will not prove the above statement.

And yes I can say categorically cricket averages are useless. As far as Bradman is concerned I dont have time but someone can delve into it. 

4 hours ago, philcric said:

Useless, as in they don't mean anything at all? The averages over a fair period of time do not reflect the ability and performance of a batsman?

How do you propose the cricket averages to be done, so that they are not useless?

Fair question. I am not a stat major but to let us start with bowling. You cannot take a tailenders wicket and Sachins wkt and claim you have a wkt. Similarly you cannot score runs against a Anderson and compare it with some junk bowler and count runs.

There should be a weight assigned to the opponent bowler and batsman for their ability.

There are so many variables involved that these averages are useless.

IPL on the other hand is a very good indicator. Another topic.

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

Who is Deepu Narayan and how does he knows he dropped it.

Go look at the numbers and see cathches per match and then correlate. The data will not prove the above statement.

And yes I can say categorically cricket averages are useless. As far as Bradman is concerned I dont have time but someone can delve into it. 

these stats are avl , even if u wanna deny deepu

can u deny the video where i showed u he dropped 4 catches in single game

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

these stats are avl , even if u wanna deny deepu

can u deny the video where i showed u he dropped 4 catches in single game

Once again how do you know Saha would have taken those. If you can gaurantee that then play Saha ahead of him.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Once again how do you know Saha would have taken those. If you can gaurantee that then play Saha ahead of him.

Saha is the best keeper in the world]

I guarntee u saha wud take 95% of catches dropped by parthiv

I guarnteee..........infact 90% on ICF wud guarntee u that . 

Saha has dropped very few but all have.....thats ok and human, parthiv drops far to many.........all knw he is a bit better in batting so why do u think he isnt played, becoz he is a terrible keeper. 

Test matches are about 20 wkts and if u drop 2-4 every games, ur making ur bowlers pick 22-24 wkts .............

M 90% sure parthiv will never play for india and he shudnt

I want to give DK first two tests and see how he performs.If he bats and keeps well,he will have the edge over Saha.

MS for ODIs till WC. DK can replace Kedar.

DK for T20s. I don't want Dhoni anywhere near T20 squad.But I think selectors will keep playing him in T20s unless he retires himself.

23 minutes ago, diehardpacer said:

I want to give DK first two tests and see how he performs.If he bats and keeps well,he will have the edge over Saha.

MS for ODIs till WC. DK can replace Kedar.

DK for T20s. I don't want Dhoni anywhere near T20 squad.But I think selectors will keep playing him in T20s unless he retires himself.

My preference is DK for all formats till the work load is too much for him. He has earned it.

6 hours ago, diehardpacer said:

Yes DK seems ideal balanced option for all formats.But team management won't drop Dhoni till WC.So not much can be done about it unless he plays as batsman.

That is the advantage of playing Dk you get a free real good batsman. Moreover he frees up a slot for a batsman. It is win win. Maybe they should keep DK for important games and distribute not so important among others.