Humbled Lehmann looks to New Zealand culture

1 minute ago, GolGappe said:

Give them 6 months to come back to their old habits.

Josh Hazelwood will be spitting out "friendly words" to batsman after every delivery.

Warner will be replaced with another attack dog.

Aussies will be "head-butting" the line instead of crossing it and trying to take a moral high ground as always.

Even 6 months is long time. Test starts tomorrow. They will continue to play with same behavior after all this dramebaazi of playing fair. 

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

NZ are the biggest underachiever in world cricket

dude they are 4 million people in 'middle earth'. The fact that they have a test team in cricket while their first game is rugby means they have over achieved already, everything else they have done is beyond over achievement.

2 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

I go back to my previous quote about building new stadium , maybe you can answer that one.?

Maybe you can explain a " coach " who has opened up a " cricket academy " who knows nothing about cricket really but through a friend of a friend has managed to rent one net but he gets 100 boys in the morning and 100 boys in the afternoon to pay thousands of rupees a month for " coaching" ...tell me how he can achieve this? And why under all the noses of state administrators this is allowed to happen?

I use the words coach, cricket academy , coaching very very very loosely!!

Economics, my friend. Cricket Stadiums are part of revenue generation stream, which helps in Ind’s quest to become a cricketing hub.

BCCI is not government. To change the infrastructure at schools, parks, etc., is a huge investment. Preparing one wkt is like a drop in the ocean

As for the coach you mentioned, again economics, supply and demand. If avg coaches are able to charge, high prices, the demand is more than supply. So may there is be a business case to improve infrastructure for local govts, sporting companies, etc. 

1 hour ago, zen said:

Economics, my friend. Cricket Stadiums are part of revenue generation stream, which helps in Ind’s quest to become a cricketing hub.

BCCI is not government. To change the infrastructure at schools, parks, etc., is a huge investment. Preparing one wkt is like a drop in the ocean

As for the coach you mentioned, again economics, supply and demand. If avg coaches are able to charge, high prices, the demand is more than supply. So may there is be a business case to improve infrastructure for local govts, sporting companies, etc. 

Not economics but a monument to Modi . Not coach but coaches 

The reason grassroots is exactly as it is because as what you have done  by saying ...well that's how it is 

That's not how it is in other countries even associate , they work from the bottom up and administrators are exactly that and it's cricket that is the important thing . 

1 hour ago, Tattieboy said:

Not economics but a monument to Modi . Not coach but coaches 

The reason grassroots is exactly as it is because as what you have done  by saying ...well that's how it is 

That's not how it is in other countries even associate , they work from the bottom up and administrators are exactly that and it's cricket that is the important thing . 

First world problems .... if things have to be done at grassroots level, education, healthcare, etc., take priority. That is where the focus should be

Cricket (Sports) in Ind is not (or should not be) a priority considering other issues. An exercise program would be more beneficial from a health perspective

Creating a grounds to play cricket takes space away from other activities including wildlife. In countries such as Ind, resources are not abundant

For cricket, systems that make economic sense have to develop on their own. Ind cannot afford to devote more resources to sports. Unlike what you think, people in subcon are successful in sports despite the challenges they have to face. Refer to the GDP per capita of the countries that you are comparing 

Edited by zen
12 minutes ago, zen said:

First world problems .... if things have to be done at grassroots level, education, healthcare, etc., take priority. That is where the focus should be

Cricket (Sports) in Ind is not (or should not be) a priority considering other issues. An exercise program would be more beneficial from a health perspective

Creating a grounds to play cricket takes space away from other activities including wildlife. In countries such as Ind, resources are not abundant

For cricket, systems that make economic sense have to develop on their own. Unlike what you think, people in subcon are successful in sports despite the challenges they face 

I am not speaking about schools or even government but state associations . 

Much more could be done by them , 

An example , this stadium which was knocked down seating 57,000 and being replaced by the 110,000 has 3 grounds outside it but every single time I  visit it no cricket being played on them . ( Probably 30 visits) No practising allowed not even Ranji Trophy players allowed to practise.

The existing facilities are very very very poor in the city , surely a programme of reconcreting , a few new artificial wickets , some new replacement nets should not be beyond a state association who can find money right left and centre for stadiums and administrators going here there and everywhere 

when kohli was aggressive everyone laughed and said Indians can't be aggressive naturally and that he is faking it...

but kohli is always the quintessential sportsman and graceful in defeat to a fault and forgets all the aggression, the moment the match ends...

whereas the real "aggressive Australians" have deep rooted hatred in their hearts for players/teams who play well against them...

and it became so uncontrollable that they had to resort to cheating to win a game at any cost.

1 minute ago, Tattieboy said:

I am not speaking about schools or even government but state associations . 

Much more could be done by them , 

An example , this stadium which was knocked down seating 57,000 and being replaced by the 110,000 has 3 grounds outside it but every single time I  visit it no cricket being played on them . ( Probably 30 visits) No practising allowed not even Ranji Trophy players allowed to practise.

The existing facilities are very very very poor in the city , surely a programme of reconcreting , a few new artificial wickets , some new replacement nets should not be beyond a state association who can find money right left and centre for stadiums and administrators going here there and everywhere 

If 57k seats are replaced by 110k seats, it tells me that there is demand to watch more cricket

I agree if there are provisions to improve facilities, state associations should. But I would prefer, those $$$ are rather spend on upgrading schools to modern standards including improving teaching quality