Internet existed during Mahabharata period: Tripura CM

saik

1 hour ago, maniac said:

No I haven’t read the Arthashasthra cover to cover....funny because it is on my reading list soon but I have read excerpts  mostly

Due to   interpretations and summations of Kautilya’s work over the years  on topic such as governance,taxation or even currency over the years.

I have read the art of war though...free on Kindle store btw :giggle: My opinion on it is, while I don’t get the hype for it in this day and age while some of the concepts might be “outdated” (no kidding) like chopping of heads of the king’s concubines etc ...I can see why it was considered ahead of its time for that era.

I agree on the art of war stuff. 

With Arthashasta, i came to the conclusion, that Arthashastra was the major problem in Indian history for political theory and goes a long way to explain India's turbulence compared to a place like China/Rome for eg.
Long story short, the big failing of Arthashastra, is the fact that the king is the node that controls all. And if you follow the kingly life template of Arthashastra, you basically have 6 hours of sleep, 2 hrs in your harem/with your wife and 2 hrs in the day to relax & eat. Rest of the time, is spent doing rituals in the morning, meeting with advisors, spymasters, etc. 

Ie, it is a template that sets you up to fail, because there are not many people in the world who can live a life of 14 hour work-days- especially if they happen to be the most powerful person in the country(the king) and can do whatever they want anyways. 

The Romans and Chinese on the other hand, set up institutions, which could be enhanced by a strong ruler (like Augustus,, Wu etc) but at the hands of a weak ruler, the system would still be functional under senators/court eunuchs, etc. 

2 hours ago, Garuda said:

Could you entertain the possibility that he may not be there and be a forgery. His travels to China has been seen as a forgery by skeptics (foreign not Indian). Ok do tell me what his accounts are about India and do mention a source of this.

There are no credible skeptics who think his travel to China is a forgery. Some skeptics think that he wasn't personally there in some of his provincial tours, but relied on the reports of his underlings. Thats the extent of it.

Also, no, I don't entertain negative assertions- i entertain positive assertions, for that is the scientific position. 

1 hour ago, Garuda said:

Mr.Mulakanth, i'm a bit skeptical of your analysis of what is credible or not. Hence I give you the honor of promoting you as a Chief Confusing Agent no.000

Right. Says the guy who wants to wish away first hand accounts on the basis of his 800 years later impression of what he wants to hear/what it should be.

You have presented no reasoning behind why Marco Polo, a source on India in his own timeframe - first hand or second hand- should be discarded, except for making an ignorant argument that he was a 'foreigner'. Sorry, thats a poor argument. Or that he was a Christian.

All you do, is expose your ignorance and prejudice. Thats all.

It will surprise you to know that it happens to be the writings of two Portuguese ministers, that form the most complete recollecting of Vijayanagara Empire's culture. And their overall analysis was them acknowledging a high culture & power of its time. 

Your hinduvta nonsense, combined with the fact that you havn't actually read any real history (as in ,first hand & 2nd hand sources) is clearly showing.

8 hours ago, Garuda said:

You want evidence that your a fruitcake. Just mosey down the rest room and take a gander at yourself. Effing troll.

i want the basis of why you are rejecting the accounts of  a man, who is chronicling events of his own time, via first hand sources (his own experience) and second hand sources ( what he's heard from people visiting/living there) , 800 years after the fact. 

You havn't produced any reasoning, except a racist take that he was 'foreign'. Funny, because the same hinduvta idiots happily jump up and down in glee and point to foreign sources when those sources talk favorably of india. 

On 19/04/2018 at 3:58 AM, Muloghonto said:

Susruta Samahita does have plastic surgery in it. It specifically talks about how you can cut skin from the forehead, up to a certain depth, but keep it attached to the bridge of the nose, then flip it backwards to where the nose goes and suture it, to replace a torn/ripped off/cut off nose. That, is plastic surgery- a surgical procedure, specifically designed to alter the apperance of a person, serving no other physiological need.

Correct. This is called a rotational flap and it is a plastic surgery reconstructive procedure. It’s not used for cosmetics. It is mainly used to fill in defects in  that occur following eg a cancer excision. Cosmetics is a only one branch of plastic surgery.