Iceland with 3.34lac population is in football WC, China/India/USA/Indonesia/pak/BD/Philippines are not

randomGuy

On 6/27/2018 at 6:41 PM, Tibarn said:

This I agree with from my own experience as well. Similar, to @Ranvir I have a distant cousins(2nd or 3rd) who all were born/raised in the UK, their parents are 5'5 and 5'0, but all four are above 6 foot tall. They are all strict vegetarians as well (and pharmacists oddly enough).

The thing is in my opinion,  people don't understand how malnourished the subcontinent is in general. It is probably the most malnourished part of the entire planet. 

Here is an example:

physical-strength-regions

The subcontinent men/women basically come at the bottom of grip strength, which can be used to predict forearm strength, in the world. This is despite the high testosterone levels. That implies to me people just don't have access to enough food, which they do have in the UK, US, et al

How would you define malnourished here? As in people don't eat enough or the quality of food is not good?

In the US, the average household mostly eats GMO fruits and veggies while people in India eat relatively better quality of fruits and veggies (non GMO). 

On 7/4/2018 at 7:31 PM, MechEng said:

Olympics should be taken as lightly as possible, our athletes must give their best but we need not crave for medals. Because doing well in olympics does not contribute to anything productive for general population of the country, the medals are simply a show of power and nothing more.

Clean sport is for loosers. Steroids are for winners. Google Fancy bears which only came into existince because Russians were being blocked from Olympics.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/drugs-in-sport/87946/fancy-bears-hackers-publish-list-of-150-footballers-caught-doping-in-2015

On 7/4/2018 at 2:41 PM, MechEng said:

How would you define malnourished here? As in people don't eat enough or the quality of food is not good?

In the US, the average household mostly eats GMO fruits and veggies while people in India eat relatively better quality of fruits and veggies (non GMO). 

Both quality and quantity are part of malnourished. 

Many great athletes eat a lot more than an average Indian athlete, let alone an average Indian. The same with an average American compared to an average Indian. Athletes like Michael Phelps, JJ Watt, and The Rock all have something like a 10,000 calorie diet.  I doubt most Indian athletes eat that much. 

In India it common to expect 2 meals a day, in the US 3 meals a day. 

Neither are GMO fruits/vegetables bad