1st unofficial Test, India A Vs West Indies A at Beckenham, Jul 4-7 2018

11 hours ago, S_pace said:

Yeah Shaw is playing it like a t20 match.

He could be next sehwag in test matches. I think like sehwag he will be more successful in test matches where fielders are mostly close in.same is the case for Mayank but Shaw is slightly more explosive. These 2 can be real game changers in test matches.

1 hour ago, Sandeep99 said:

Some respectful performance at last... Shaw, Mayank are the only 2 guys in this A team who merit a place in the senior team at this time. The performances are clearly showing.

looks like pitch has flattened up after the first 2 sessions on the first day....having said that, we should not take anything away from Shaw and Manyak...

Also remember that vihari's 30 odd runs came on a spicy, difficult pitch

2 hours ago, gakgupta said:

looks like pitch has flattened up after the first 2 sessions on the first day....having said that, we should not take anything away from Shaw and Manyak...

Also remember that vihari's 30 odd runs came on a spicy, difficult pitch

Agreed. To face a deficit of 250 runs and come out all guns blazing takes some doing. Having Dravid as coach in this situation definitely helped I believe. 

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Vihari as well in tests

Vihari is pretty good. However, I will wait for one more season for him to establish firmly as one of the top batsmen in India. He has all the ingredients, by the looks of it. One more fiery season and he should get a call-up. I somehow feel we're going to witness the sacking of at least 2 top order Indian regulars after England series. One is an old monk who performed well last time and one is doing 'amazingly well' for Yorkshire in the current County season. New places will be up for grabs.

4 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Vihari is pretty good. However, I will wait for one more season for him to establish firmly as one of the top batsmen in India. He has all the ingredients, by the looks of it. One more fiery season and he should get a call-up. I somehow feel we're going to witness the sacking of at least 2 top order Indian regulars after England series. One is an old monk who performed well last time and one is doing 'amazingly well' for Yorkshire in the current County season. New places will be up for grabs.

more than VJ its Rahane , he is thankfully snubbed from loi teams, a poor series here will be curtains for him as well 

26 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

he has already played close to 60 FC matches and is going to be 25 in a few months.  It is the right time to get a look in during the home season.