Prithvi Shaw is ready

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

His batting style is like sehwag, but unique about sehwag was his mindset  and he destroyed spinner which shaw got exposed against in IPL. 

SO lets not make comparisons now 

Sehwag destroyed spinner in his first domestic season or from fist international match and what exposes against spinner bluddy T20 is not the judgement of batsmanship where everyone try to hack around to score fast..... Tell me how did he got 5 first class century including final and SF of Ranji if he is not good against spinners.

9 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Sehwag destroyed spinner in his first domestic season or from fist international match and what exposes against spinner bluddy T20 is not the judgement of batsmanship where everyone try to hack around to score fast..... Tell me how did he got 5 first class century including final and SF of Ranji if he is not good against spinners.

he was said to be good against spinners from his early days only, he came in to limelight when he smashed bhajji on turner (thats what the story goes around)

N it was prithvi shaw 1st match either, he has been playing for an yr now. 

Their arent gr8 spinners in ranji now as compare to then. N most teams hasnt sought him out which will happen around 2nd season

So just wait , shaw has several deficiencies ....let him come over the 2nd season . At this point dhawan is a far better test opener

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he was said to be good against spinners from his early days only, he came in to limelight when he smashed bhajji on turner (thats what the story goes around)

N it was prithvi shaw 1st match either, he has been playing for an yr now. 

Their arent gr8 spinners in ranji now as compare to then. N most teams hasnt sought him out which will happen around 2nd season

So just wait , shaw has several deficiencies ....let him come over the 2nd season . At this point dhawan is a far better test opener

As if player who are playing international has all ground covered and with no efficiency. So there are no grt spinners in Ranji and they all become  great while exposes Shaw in IPL. What are u smokin dude,  he has scored runs everywhere till now Ranji, duleep, mustaq ali., U 19 WC, u 19 English tour, A tour iin India against Boult NZ, Current A tour in England in odi and test  and all you have to say is he is exposed in ipl against spinners. If that's getting exposed than what do u say abt Raina( become failure from 2 yes), Dhoni , Pandey, jadeja who are perennial failure in T20 international. 

13 minutes ago, raki05 said:

As if dhwan and pujara ll be left spared:giggle:

8 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Pujara is getting eaten alive by unknown bowlers. 

they wnt do worse n shaw confidence can be dented bad . England is not the place for him to start specially against jimmy n broad

15 minutes ago, raki05 said:

As if player who are playing international has all ground covered and with no efficiency.

everyone has, shaw has a lot more n lacks experience to counter his problem. That is why most players struggle in 2nd season

that is why they say batsman n spinner get better over a period of time

So there are no grt spinners in Ranji and they all become  great while exposes Shaw in IPL.

good he came to know about one of his problem so early

What are u smokin dude,  he has scored runs everywhere till now Ranji, duleep, mustaq ali., U 19 WC, u 19 English tour, A tour iin India against Boult NZ, Current A tour in England in odi and test  and all you have to say is he is exposed in ipl against spinners. If that's getting exposed than what do u say abt Raina( become failure from 2 yes), Dhoni , Pandey, jadeja who are perennial failure in T20 international. 

As i said its 1st seaon, if he is good he ll score in 2nd season. Jaldi kya hai, u dnt have confidence in him or what 

Did i deny he is not good , but its early so teams havent sought him out and soon they ll . He was unknown commodity for Boult n everyone 

Raina is exposed against short pitch, hasnt improved till day 

Dhoni has been a t20 failure no denying that , but his stats have improved in last 2 yrs ........still doesnt make him good

Pandey n jadeja also arent good in t20

What was the point of taking these names, these cricketers are facing diff challenges then shaw will face

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

they wnt do worse n shaw confidence can be dented bad . England is not the place for him to start specially against jimmy n broad

Check English board they were so orthodox in their approach in the past but two of their best players did a successful debut in India Root and Haseeb Handed. Hameed was 19 while he debut. Sometimes you have to identify talent and provide opportunities when u see potential in them and right now India have many such potential players also it's not like we have very settled top3 for overseas. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

everyone has, shaw has a lot more n lacks experience to counter his problem. That is why most players struggle in 2nd season

that is why they say batsman n spinner get better over a period of time

good he came to know about one of his problem so early

As i said its 1st seaon, if he is good he ll score in 2nd season. Jaldi kya hai, u dnt have confidence in him or what 

Did i deny he is not good , but its early so teams havent sought him out and soon they ll . He was unknown commodity for Boult n everyone 

Raina is exposed against short pitch, hasnt improved till day 

Dhoni has been a t20 failure no denying that , but his stats have improved in last 2 yrs ........still doesnt make him good

Pandey n jadeja also arent good in t20

What was the point of taking these names, these cricketers are facing diff challenges then shaw will face

Point I m making is when such useless player can play for years in internationals why can't we provide opportunities to youngsters. And who said who perform consistently for 2 yes in domestic ll do better than who performed in his very first season. Give me one player name who has shown  Shaw consistency across all country and in all type of cricket ( T20, A teams, first class and international tours) before debuting to Indian team. As I said our international LOI and Test team have many dead weights especially for overseas tour so it ll too if we can try some youngsters not just Shaw they might fail but then who are in team are failure from many series.

Edited by raki05
37 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Check English board they were so orthodox in their approach in the past but two of their best players did a successful debut in India Root and Haseeb Handed. Hameed was 19 while he debut. Sometimes you have to identify talent and provide opportunities when u see potential in them and right now India have many such potential players also it's not like we have very settled top3 for overseas. 

IMO root n hameed looked far tighter then shaw , as i feel same with gil he is a far better batsman then shaw at this point 

29 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Point I m making is when such useless player can play for years in internationals why can't we provide opportunities to youngsters. And who said who perform consistently for 2 yes in domestic ll do better than who performed in his very first season. Give me one player name who has shown  Shaw consistency across all country and in all type of cricket ( T20, A teams, first class and international tours) before debuting to Indian team. As I said our international LOI and Test team have many dead weights especially for overseas tour so it ll too if we can try some youngsters not just Shaw they might fail but then who are in team are failure from many series.

poor word, 

Dhawan for whatever has had gr8 Nz tour 

Pujara has had a 100 in SA n a few 50s here n there

N thats not useless 

Again m saying if he good enough, wait for the 2nd season....he ll surpass it to as well and then get the opportunity . M in favour of throwing fast bowlers early but spinner n batsman do take time to mature . Its not only us here but even if u here commentary while he is batting his glaring weakness have been pointed out n sooner or later he ll picked. Many here like other option always as they say grass is greener on the other side.....but its not most times

Shaw has huge issue n sooner or later he ll be caught. I find him good but i dnt wanted an unpolished product to be thrown in such series. Root, hammed , gill far tighter players........

International cricket is a different beast. Nerves, condition, quality of bowling ,tactics, analysis all are at a diff level. 

As much as i want dhawan n rohit out of test squad.......doesnt mean u throw in anyone. 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

IMO root n hameed looked far tighter then shaw , as i feel same with gil he is a far better batsman then shaw at this point 

But even with limited technique as you say, he is producing good result. look at smith, sehwag technique, sometimes grit and determination are far more important than technique.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

poor word, 

Dhawan for whatever has had gr8 Nz tour 

Pujara has had a 100 in SA n a few 50s here n there

N thats not useless 

Again m saying if he good enough, wait for the 2nd season....he ll surpass it to as well and then get the opportunity . M in favour of throwing fast bowlers early but spinner n batsman do take time to mature . Its not only us here but even if u here commentary while he is batting his glaring weakness have been pointed out n sooner or later he ll picked. Many here like other option always as they say grass is greener on the other side.....but its not most times

Shaw has huge issue n sooner or later he ll be caught. I find him good but i dnt wanted an unpolished product to be thrown in such series. Root, hammed , gill far tighter players........

International cricket is a different beast. Nerves, condition, quality of bowling ,tactics, analysis all are at a diff level. 

As much as i want dhawan n rohit out of test squad.......doesnt mean u throw in anyone. 

It's not as bad as u are saying even if we say it's bad how does he is producing good number compare to his peers whom u claim to have good technique. First u say someone should perform in domestic, a black black  and now as he has performed you are saying he ll be exposed in international. How you are so sure, as I said he has not only played good innings in India rather he has his good numbers wherever he played so far. Someone with limited technique can't be that successful. Can you tell me how many successful tour Iyer, Pandey, Vijay Shankar and Sundar had before playing for India. Also I m not asking him to try in test format directly , what harm do we suffer by trying these youngster in T20.