Kohli plays with the worst Indian batting line up in last 2 decades

24 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What did Pujara do in SA , didn't he play all three tests and what did Pujara do in England this season. They are not picking team on whims and fancies.

What was the record of Pujara in 2014 and you saw in first test why Kohlis is not kept out of the team even though he had bad record in England.

Fact is: India ended the tour on high note. Now, I dont expect most icfers to understand this as they will go after run rate, average and so all. Cricket is team sport. In simlest terms: You need someone to shine the ball. Someone to take shine off the ball.

Kohli fans shouldn't get defensive, We are not criticizing Kohli the bat. We are criticizing Kohli the member of Team management. He is a human being and has a social circle.

If some close friend/family friend of him says, give player A a run, He may be finding hard to drop player A.

But if he wasnt captain, he could allways do right thing by taking the excuse that he isnt captain, He will speak to captain on his behalf and close such discussions. And say another Captain who is being pushed to select say a player "B" by social circle, will excuse himself, what Kohli will say.

Most people want to do right thing. Its very hard to say "No" to people who are within close circle of friends

Edited by mishra
17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What did Pujara do in SA , didn't he play all three tests and what did Pujara do in England this season. They are not picking team on whims and fancies.

What was the record of Pujara in 2014 and you saw in first test why Kohlis is not kept out of the team even though he had bad record in England.

Help me understand here . you are saying that Pujara was dropped cos of his poor record in England? how does Dhawan make the the team ?

So why was Rahane dropped in SA ? 

How did Rohit make the team in SA ? 

Am no pujara fan , infact I wanted him dropped but there is clear double standards in the way other players are treated here .

14 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

What was the record of Dhawan in SA, Aus or Eng before this series? In the practice match as well, what did he do? Did he deserve the opening slot? I'm pretty sure if the SA series was a 4 or 5 match affair Dhawan would've gotten 2 or 3 tests and the Talent at least 3, why is the TM hell bent on making LO flat track bullies test regulars? Why couldn't we play DK as an opener and keep with Pant, why does Pandya get an extended rope, he hasn't done jack in the 4 games vs SA or Eng, is the team management really that insane?

It was either Pujara or Dhawan, they went with Dhawan I don't think it was a big deal. Vijay is averaging like 11 in last few tests overseas too. 

What did Karthik do as no 6 or 7 . he did jack in addition to dropping catches. You want Karthik to open.Stop blaming management what are they supposed to do.When one batsmen is pulling his weight then there is nothing any management can do.

37 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who played more in SA Dhawan or Rahul.Didn't Pujara play all three tests in SA. Pujara has batted worse than tailender in England for both Yorkshire and India in practice game, what would want them to do keep him in the team while he looks worse than no 11 .

Thats not how cricket works . Virat scored 5 & 28 in the first test in SA , if he was dropped then he would have been a failure on that tour . KL was ranked 6th in ICC rankin when he was dropped , we will never know how his scores would have been had started in that series not being insecure of his spot .

46 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Scored a fifty on a wicket taking blows on his body. Chk the last column. Between him and Kohli, they had taken most balls before exposing the tail . When shine was gone, You can see Ashwin and B Kumar types score some runs.

Put both the guys (ash, Bhuv) early, while ball is still top shape.  and together, they wont last more than 3-4 overs.

name                 Runs   HS       Average B/F

V Kohli (INDIA)     286     153     47.66     475
HH Pandya (INDIA)     119     93     19.83     173
M Vijay (INDIA)     102     46     17.00     359
B Kumar (INDIA)     101     33     33.66     252
CA Pujara (INDIA)     100     50     16.66     342
R Ashwin (INDIA)     90     38     22.50     144
RG Sharma (INDIA)     78     47     19.50     190
Mohammed Shami (INDIA)     72     28     14.40     94
AM Rahane (INDIA)     57     48     28.50     95
PA Patel (INDIA)     56     19     14.00     118
S Dhawan (INDIA)     32     16     16.00     33
KL Rahul (INDIA)     30     16     7.50     101

Edited by mishra
36 minutes ago, mishra said:

Fact is: India ended the tour on high note. Now, I dont expect most icfers to understand this as they will go after run rate, average and so all. Cricket is team sport. In simlest terms: You need someone to shine the ball. Someone to take shine off the ball.

Kohli fans shouldn't get defensive, We are not criticizing Kohli the bat. We are criticizing Kohli the member of Team management. He is a human being and has a social circle.

If some close friend/family friend of him says, give player A a run, He may be finding hard to drop player A.

But if he wasnt captain, he could allways do right thing by taking the excuse that he isnt captain, He will speak to captain on his behalf and close such discussions. And say another Captain who is being pushed to select say a player "B" by social circle, will excuse himself, what Kohli will say.

Most people want to do right thing. Its very hard to say "No" to people who are within close circle of friends

I am neither offended nor I am Kohli's fan. I am Indian cricket fan and I personally have not seen anything wrong in either his team selections or the reasoning behind it.

IMHO there is  no close friend business going on here, Dhawan was dropped after first test in SA and here Pujara was in rut which was equally bad, so they choose to go with left and right combination. 

For some people it is always the player who is not playing is the answer to the problems.It is not the case here,other than Kohli it does not matter who plays or stays everyone is on same boat.

20 minutes ago, mishra said:

Scored a fifty on a wicket taking blows on his body. Chk the last column. Between him and Kohli, they had taken most balls before exposing the tail . When shine was gone, You can see Ashwin and B Kumar types score some runs.

Put both the guys (ash, Bhuv) early, while ball is still top shape.  and together, they wont last more than 3-4 overs.

name                 Runs   HS       Average B/F

V Kohli (INDIA)     286     153     47.66     475
HH Pandya (INDIA)     119     93     19.83     173
M Vijay (INDIA)     102     46     17.00     359
B Kumar (INDIA)     101     33     33.66     252
CA Pujara (INDIA)     100     50     16.66     342
R Ashwin (INDIA)     90     38     22.50     144
RG Sharma (INDIA)     78     47     19.50     190
Mohammed Shami (INDIA)     72     28     14.40     94
AM Rahane (INDIA)     57     48     28.50     95
PA Patel (INDIA)     56     19     14.00     118
S Dhawan (INDIA)     32     16     16.00     33
KL Rahul (INDIA)     30     16     7.50     101

Since when taking shine off is the only job of top order batsmen. Dhawan did not play two tests who knows he could have scored that 50 which Pujara scored.

There is only one quality batsman in this team and rest of them are very interchangeable. Pujara is last person who should complain about not getting chances.

42 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Help me understand here . you are saying that Pujara was dropped cos of his poor record in England? how does Dhawan make the the team ?

So why was Rahane dropped in SA ? 

How did Rohit make the team in SA ? 

Am no pujara fan , infact I wanted him dropped but there is clear double standards in the way other players are treated here .

They have been playing players on current form. They did not make Rahane to stink and average in single digits against SL. Rohit did score 100 in that series. So they chose to play player who performed last.

What double standards did they make Pujara the worst player in country cricket this year.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Since when taking shine off is the only job of top order batsmen. Dhawan did not play two tests who knows he could have scored that 50 which Pujara scored.

There is only one quality batsman in this team and rest of them are very interchangeable. Pujara is last person who should complain about not getting chances.

its job of top order only.

Dhawan can not play balls on 5,6th 7th stump line. Period.

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

its job of top order only.

Dhawan can not play balls on 5,6th 7th stump line. Period.

No it is not , they took a punt on Dhawan on pure hope he would get a quickfire 30 -50 which is more than what any team got from Pujara this summer.It failed that does not mean they were wrong.For some people it is Rahul who is answer to all Limited overs woes and he is kept of out becuase he is a threat to Kohli.

I can't help but chuckle when people are making Karthik opener and Ashwin no3.

I am not saying Dhawan is the asnwer but I wouldn't drop anyone other than Karthik if I was the captain for second test.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They have been playing players on current form. They did not make Rahane to stink and average in single digits against SL. Rohit did score 100 in that series. So they chose to play player who performed last.

What double standards did they make Pujara the worst player in country cricket this year.

So they drop Rahane who was at that point regarded as our best overeas player based on his form at home pitches and they drop Pujara whos been our best bat at home , cos he had a bad county outing ..Dhawan gets in cos he scored against Afg/SL ? Lets forget he is a proven failure overseas , sucked in SA and the 4 balls he played in practice match was out , edged , beaten and out  ? lol

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No it is not , they took a punt on Dhawan on pure hope he would get a quickfire 30 -50 which is more than what any team got from Pujara this summer.It failed that does not mean they were wrong.For some people it is Rahul who is answer to all Limited overs woes and he is kept of out becuase he is a threat to Kohli.

I can't help but chuckle when people are making Karthik opener and Ashwin no3.

I am not saying Dhawan is the asnwer but I wouldn't drop anyone other than Karthik if I was the captain for second test.

Both coming into the series average more than any other current indian batsmen in England . 

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Thats not how cricket works . Virat scored 5 & 28 in the first test in SA , if he was dropped then he would have been a failure on that tour . KL was ranked 6th in ICC rankin when he was dropped , we will never know how his scores would have been had started in that series not being insecure of his spot .

So now playing 2 test KL Rahul is not at fault but Dhawan who played just one test is at fault.Rahul has insecurity issue but Dhawan shouldn't have insecurity issues.

Kohli will play even if he flops for whole series because what he has accomplished already.If you don't understand that point then we are talking different language.

Rahul or Dhawan don't get that pass, Pujara did get that pass in SA.

3 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Both coming into the series average more than any other current indian batsmen in England . 

Kohli scored more in this one test than what he did in whole series .Can Ashwin do that answer is no, there is a reason why Ashwin is no8. and Karthik has played so few matches in 14 years.Don't make them into better batsmen than they acutally are in reality.

52 minutes ago, putrevus said:

So now playing 2 test KL Rahul is not at fault but Dhawan who played just one test is at fault.Rahul has insecurity issue but Dhawan shouldn't have insecurity issues.

Kohli will play even if he flops for whole series because what he has accomplished already.If you don't understand that point then we are talking different language.

Rahul or Dhawan don't get that pass, Pujara did get that pass in SA.

You conveniently ignore a fact that a proven overseas failure was picked over a youngster who was ranked 6th in the ICC ranking, having scored scored 9 50s in his last 11 innings. That's a screw up of highest order. Same like how rohit sharma playing ahead of Rahane was. Dhawan was falling not cos of his insecurities, he was given a long run and failed every time, expect for Virat no one expected him to do well. 

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

So they drop Rahane who was at that point regarded as our best overeas player based on his form at home pitches and they drop Pujara whos been our best bat at home , cos he had a bad county outing ..Dhawan gets in cos he scored against Afg/SL ? Lets forget he is a proven failure overseas , sucked in SA and the 4 balls he played in practice match was out , edged , beaten and out  ? lol

Dhawan is opener and other two or not they are not compteting for the same spot.Pujara did not have a bad outing, Pujara has looked worse than a tailender for whole country season big difference.

Current form is always relvant, Rahane again proved last test his dropping was not a big deal at all.Pujara played all three tests in SA and did nothing except one fifty.

I am not saying Dhawan is the answer but Dhawan was not the reason why Rahul stunk in SA and here or Pujara stunk in SA.

52 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli scored more in this one test than what he did in whole series .Can Ashwin do that answer is no, there is a reason why Ashwin is no8. and Karthik has played so few matches in 14 years.Don't make them into better batsmen than they acutally are in reality.

Again you are twisting it. I was just pointing out that they have scored in England before and both clearly have better technique than Dhawan,  no one said they where better than Virat. 

18 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Again you are twisting it. I was just pointing out that they have scored in England before and both clearly have better technique than Dhawan,  no one said they where better than Virat. 

One scored two fifties in 2007 against a very diiferent bowling attack on very different pitches but the same karthik did nothing this test.Dhawan or Sehwag are never in the team becuase of their technique, they are in the team to give them fast start.

I totally agree with you Dhawan should not be playing but all I am saying when comparing current Pujara or Dhawan they choose to take punt on a guy who if he clicks can win you the match.