Pollock: 'Pandya is probably a long term all-round option'

54 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Rahul has been criticized enough.

Pandya hasn't.

What patience? Maybe if the rest of the team was well sorted, we could afford Pandya. Right now, we are merely hoping he would click.

He averages 29 with the bat in first class (and this includes 35 international average which means, his domestic average is even lesser with a decent sample set). He has taken 25 wickets in 17 domestic games.

Can he develop? Sure. I am not denying it.

But it's gonna take time and this overseas cycle will be long over.

If past record is anything to go by, things look grim for this series.

Reason we have to show patience is coz after years n years of mediocrity in the dpt. of allrounders we have finally found a descent ar who can hit the ball long and bowls with the healthy pace (we just cant rot a talent like him in domestics) although I  think he had to improve his length. Testmatch format is his weaker format n he wll only improve from here on in it, another thing is that we don't have an alternate what we have is another ray of mediocrity in binnys,vijay bhayankars etc. Lol.

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Please read between the lines, if anything, this article goes against Pandya. In international media, you cant go around saying this or that player is ****. He has diplomatically said that Pandya is neither good at batting or bowling and he needs to choose something or he will be history. He is saying Pandya is in the team because Kohli likes him!

But if you want to take solace in diplomatic answers, so be it :)

“Coming to Indian cricket, Pandya is probably a long-term all-round option. I think Virat Kohli really likes his style and attitude towards the game. Looks like he can get both wickets and runs; of course, time will tell everything."

Read again, by virat kohli line he meant good that he has a backing of captain . He is all calling him a long term option n sgiving his suggestion for improvment n no one denies he has a lot of scope for improvement or say he has done something gr8. But when i find a long term option, back him n make him a player

Jst now on pre show ganguly talked at large about backing pandya n rahul 

12 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Reason we have to show patience is coz after years n years of mediocrity in the dpt. of allrounders we have finally found a descent ar who can hit the ball long and bowls with the healthy pace (we just cant rot a talent like him in domestics) although I  think he had to improve his length. Testmatch format is his weaker format n he wll only improve from here on in it, another thing is that we don't have an alternate what we have is another ray of mediocrity in binnys,vijay bhayankars etc. Lol.

Play 2 spinners.

54 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Yuvi took time to develop i know. 

But we didnt give him a free run in overseas tests waiting for him to develop. 

Thats the difference.

Fair enough point reg Pandya criticism post the first test. 

I was talking more about how less he is scrutinised generally.

Pandya doesn't deserve any criticism at this point, he's doing fine for now, he's the next Botham/Kapil, you heard it here first, my predictions are always correct :Giggity:

4 minutes ago, kira said:

Can you give umesh's numbers outside asia?

Doesn't matter.

Last game, when we were struggling to get wickets, Umesh came in and picked up 2 wickets including Curran.

That's the impact of a full time bowler.

Think in terms of how a bowler strengthens a team.

In this pitch, we needed Bhuvi. We don't have him. We atleast need Umesh. If we had some other good swing bowler in the squad, I would have said we could have given him chances.

Edited by sensible-indian