Sunil Gavaskar raises questions on Virat Kohli's captaincy in Test cricket

Switchblade

6 hours ago, Switchblade said:

“This batting lineup hasn’t been making runs for a long time now. If you look at India’s overseas performances from 2011 until now, they have lost every big series. When Virat Kohli is at the crease it seems that he is playing against totally different bowlers as compared to when the other batsmen are batting. I believe that the batting ability of the current players has gone down,” Ganguly further added.

“Regarding Ravi Shastri, he has to be held accountable for the results along with Sanjay Bangar regarding why only one batsman is performing whereas others seem to have taken backward steps. Unless these questions are answered an overseas series win in the three countries looks impossible for India,” Ganguly told IndiaTV.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-vs-england-ravi-shastri-needs-to-he-held-accountable-for-india-s-results-says-sourav-ganguly/story-amp48on9VbWsb28LfXXdQL.html

The very same batting linup made runs last time we toured these countries , we had just 2-3 failures . 

On 9/3/2018 at 1:05 PM, Switchblade said:

a coach is only as good as his team. If the team is not able to raise its level on the field, whatever you might tell them in the changing room or off the field in terms of motivation, won't help. You can't blame one person for it. Questions need to be asked of those persons, those individuals who are not able to raise the level of their game rather than a coach. The coaches are doing their best, they are working very hard. They can't play for them from the change room. They can only hope that what they have told the players is something that they will implement. If the players don't understand then I don't think that the coaching staff is to be blamed," Gavaskar said.

So he says dont blame his pal

8 hours ago, jusarrived said:

so tell me what is a big difference between 4 and 5 batsmen ? the 5th batsmen never scores runs anyway , so why do we need him ?

Massive diff

who says 5th batsman is very important 

u play 5 batsman + 1 wk+ all rounder + 4 bowler

rahane has done well at 5 for us , we have been struggling with no.6 for very long 

Sorry but Sunny does not make any sense.Captain is to be blamed but not coach.

I don't blame coach or captain for this at all, it is the players especially batsmen who are just so inept.Guy like Rahul who is so overhyped that people are coming up conspiracy theories on how Kohli is paranoid about Rahul.