All Rounders do not exist.

Khota

8 minutes ago, zen said:

Can you refresh my memory wrt the context of the question? 

In the meantime, Republic of Moldova's capital is Chisinau 

Let me say it slowly for the challenged one - d  o  y  o  u  know    of      any     two     sport    athlete.

There's an insane amount of going around in circles happening here.

@Khota why don't you first lay down the definition in numbers on what constitutes an all rounder in your opinion based on which you suggest they don't exist ?

There is a well known definition: batting avg > bowling avg which you don't seem to agree with. 

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

@Khota why don't you first lay down the definition in numbers on what constitutes an all rounder in your opinion based on which you suggest they don't exist ?

There is a well known definition: batting avg > bowling avg which you don't seem to agree with. 

First tell us how many two sport athletes you know of.

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

That is one definition I do agree with.

21 minutes ago, zen said:

Agree. Like everyone is passing on from this thread! 

Your words do have a deep meaning on this forum. Just like your 10K word essay about playing Pandya in Tests when India's greatest win came without his contribution. We do have to take you seriously. Not really.

In tests, just among the current players ...

Ben Stokes, Hardik Pandya, Jason Holder, Shakib Al Hasan, Ravi Ashwin, Ravi Jadeja, Vernon Philander, Colin DeGrandhomme .. all have batting average > bowling average.

Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali, Pat Cummins, Sam Curran, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf etc. have batting averages slightly lesser than bowling averages.

Now wait for the non-cricket-watching resident expert to go on tangents from here and make some idiotic statements.

35 minutes ago, philcric said:

In tests, just among the current players ...

Ben Stokes, Hardik Pandya, Jason Holder, Shakib Al Hasan, Ravi Ashwin, Ravi Jadeja, Vernon Philander, Colin DeGrandhomme .. all have batting average > bowling average.

Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali, Pat Cummins, Sam Curran, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf etc. have batting averages slightly lesser than bowling averages.

Now wait for the non-cricket-watching resident expert to go on tangents from here and make some idiotic statements.

I am just going to start with Ashwin who people love on this forum but I find him the worst spinner for India right now. That is another case of highly padded stats where all his 3 or 4 centuries came against Windies. He can neither bat nor bowl currently and cost India the CT. Throw in the dozen not outs and you have it.

Ravi Jadeja I will give him credit. He is better than other two.

Pandya cannot bowl worth a flip.

I really dont focus on Stokes and Shakibs.

Like I said, throw batting average > bowling average theory out of the window after agreeing to it just 2 posts back, and go on tangents.

When presented with test stats, talk about ODIs.

"I really dont focus on Stokes and Shakibs."

:laugh: Yeah let's eliminate two of the better all-rounders currently when talking about all-rounders in a thread about all-rounders.

Moronic.

Edited by philcric
13 minutes ago, philcric said:

Like I said, throw batting average > bowling average theory out of the window after agreeing to it just 2 posts back, and go on tangents.

:laugh: Yeah let's eliminate two of the better all-rounders currently when talking about all-rounders in a thread about all-rounders.

Moronic.

I never said I would not give weightage to the classic definition. You just came with Ashwin and I fell of the chair. He has padded stats but he cannot take a wkt if your life depends on it. I did give credit to Jadeja.

I really dont care about stokes or Shakib but since you call thenm better allrounder I can discuss those. Weak teams will have who can fullfill those roles.

Let me tell you something you fricking moron (your choice of word not mine), In baseball there is a designated picthcher and a designated hitter. After college level no one can do both. Do you think a game as evolved as baseball does not know a thing or two about DH and pitchers.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I never said I would not give weightage to the classic definition. You just came with Ashwin and I fell of the chair. He has padded stats but he cannot take a wkt if your life depends on it. I did give credit to Jadeja.

I really dont care about stokes or Shakib but since you call thenm better allrounder I can discuss those. Weak teams will have who can fullfill those roles.

Let me tell you something you fricking moron (your choice of word not mine), In baseball there is a designated picthcher and a designated hitter. After college level no one can do both. Do you think a game as evolved as baseball does not know a thing or two about DH and pitchers.

'Discuss' with you? No thanks, I'll pass. 

You have zero credibility as a cricket analyst on this forum. I have no interest in directly engaging with you. Thought it was fairly obvious by the fact that for a long time now I don't quote you even when you keep quoting me in almost every post on this thread and another one.

Yes, I'll keep commenting or call out or ridicule some of your idiotic posts. But having a 'discussion' about cricket with you, no chance.

If you find anything offensive about my posts, you are free to report them to the mods.

4 hours ago, philcric said:

'Discuss' with you? No thanks, I'll pass. 

You have zero credibility as a cricket analyst on this forum. I have no interest in directly engaging with you. Thought it was fairly obvious by the fact that for a long time now I don't quote you even when you keep quoting me in almost every post on this thread and another one.

Yes, I'll keep commenting or call out or ridicule some of your idiotic posts. But having a 'discussion' about cricket with you, no chance.

If you find anything offensive about my posts, you are free to report them to the mods.

Using the word moron maybe casual for you but is highly offensive otherwise. I only respond to you, I dont have the bandwidth to quote people like you who have no idea how things are happening at the next level.

Have a nice day.

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Using the word moron maybe casual for you but is highly offensive otherwise. I only respond to you, I dont have the bandwidth to quote people like you who have no idea how things are happening at the next level.

Have a nice day.

I didn't call you moron. I called your post moronic.

12 hours ago, philcric said:

Moronic.

You on the other hand ...

12 hours ago, Khota said:

21 hours ago, Khota said:

That is one definition I do agree with.

Then why this never ending thread ? Its one thing to claim player A or B isn't a good enough all rounder but strict posturing isn't a logical thing when you know there are multiple players who fit the set criteria at least in tests & odis. 

35 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Then why this never ending thread ? Its one thing to claim player A or B isn't a good enough all rounder but strict posturing isn't a logical thing when you know there are multiple players who fit the set criteria at least in tests & odis. 

This aint going to end soon to, the day one of them fails there wud b post and the day they perform there wud be post 

I do hope anti-all rounder lobby comes up with some logical arguments then shero-shairayi , if they do this debate will turn more meaningful n wont irk others with the increase in number of post