What shud be our opening Combination for next test ??

Opening Combination for Next test Match  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our opening Combination for next test ??

• Mayank N Parthiv
    • Mayank n Pujara
    • Vijay n Rahul
    • Mayank n Vijay/Rahul (giving 1 test to each in next 2 test )
    • Mayank n Vihari
    • Mayank n Ashwin
    • Mayank n Rohit
    • Rohit n Parthiv
    • Mayank n Rahane
    • Rahane n Rohit

i am against rohit playing tests but I think rohit has opened in ODI and he can possibly open and score some runs and get lucky.

rohit and mayank could be an option and i think i prefer it.

We should possibly go back to ashwin and 3 fast bowlers theory or play hardik ahead of ashwin if the pitch is fast n green.

If India want  to at least draw this series ,let alone win , the only option is to open with Pujara. The momentum starts at the beginning itself. The current 2 incompetent hacks Vijay & Rahul are virtually killing the momentum right at the start itself.Pujara is the best equipped to give life to momentum from the start. Mayank still is  a big gamble, it can work emphatically or   fail miserably. Compiling piles of runs in domestic is far different from surviving Starc & co.That way we can create 1 spot in the middle/lower order where by 1 more all rounder

can be included .Then team would be

Pujara

Mayank

Rahane

Kohli

Pant

Vihari

Jadeja

Ashwin

Kuldeep

Bhuvi

Bumrah

If this team  composition can't atleast  draw  the series, then I am afraid  no other combination can't

On 12/17/2018 at 8:13 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Mayank has his technical issue, im not sure if he wud be exposed in Australia but sooner or later he wud be ....sometimes opp dnt figure u out immediately 

Even i dnt rate him highly but he deserves a chance now, also his mindspace n confidence wud be better then Rahul . Plus Their wud be a huge backlash if he comes back benched 

Mayank and KL might actually open after all. I dont see Vijay opening. Or they might give Vijay/KL another crack at it going by Kohli's support.

Edited by Kothili