Tendulkar's batting exploits while chasing a big total in 2nd Inn

fineleg

No, the criteria doezn't apply to some of those gamez. In the game where SRT got 94, he should have been out early but waz given the benefit of two bad LBW decisionz that went against the bowlerz. In the game where he got 95, the pitch was really flat so that game shudn't be counted as anyone could make runz. The match with his 72 shudn't count either az he didn't do it fazt enough to help India win. If he had scored his runz faster and not been so zelfish, India would have won.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Great knock today, but please read the first OP of this thread. This was about 275+ chases. So, bump this thread, but bump it up another day when the criteria matchez. Not applicable today.
That's funny. When his record in 275+ chases was stated, you piggybacked on KIC's stats on SRT's record in 2nd innings regardless of the target. Anyhow, you are not the first one, nor will you be the last one, to have your criticisms rammed down your throat so emphatically by the MRF blade. Enjoy.
Not applicable means not applicable. This thread was very specific - read the thread title and the OP. Both are clear. As I said, if you want to bump it up, wait another day. Today's knock was a fabulous one, and I will celebrate it in other threadz...if u want to bump this thread, do so, but as I said this is specifically written in the OP.
Ok lets assume Sachin made these runs while India were chasing 274....so going by the above you will still come out with your "not applicable" :hysterical: There's still time, own up and save yourself from further embarrassment:D

Finey does not like this SRT... so leave him aside. Lekin... the point is such stats do not include a target, which was achieved at the rate where we could have easily went up to chase down 270-300 if we extrapolate. I mean almost 4+ overs to spare, 6 wkts in hand. So to extrapolate such games where target of 275 could easily be achieved. Another trouble is that such stats do not give us real picture of the pitch.... Imaging a difficult pitch where these countryside medium pacers IP, MP, AA would give away lot more runs than bowlers like Lee and Johnson, mcgrath. Our fielding was so pathetic that we would give away 20 runs easily which only SRT is responsible to chase down. We dont also take into account matches where SRT is N.O. on 22 and scorecard reads 44/4 where SRT knows he doesn;t have enuff partners to chase down those 275-300 runs. And I dont have to remind you of the games that I gave you example of. Go ahead there are 400+ games to go through for that......

oh and 1 more point... I do recall so many matches where SRT is in great form and well determined to chase down a total.But the batsmen on the other end would not give him strike for long time. Even to the span of 18-22 balls... SRT gets very frustated when he knows how to score against the bowler and other guy does not acknoledge it and rather tries to struggle but not rotate the strike. We could have easily won at least 10% games for just this reason.

So regardless of the match condition etc. etc. only 275+ run chases count? I really am at a loss of words. I bet Tendulkar is getting more praise on Paki forums.
Not saying it does not count. Its a final, so big occassion, and it was a big knock and a great one at that. Kudos to SRT for this. Just saying this thread was talking abt a different situation.
SRT is a great batsman - both in ODIs and Tests. However, it is also a fact that over the last 50 ODIs or so, his average batting second is around 50% of his average batting first. Neither has this been a recent occurance. He has consistently been averaging far lower while chasing than while batting first. Forget large scores, low scores, batting position etc etc. Read as Cuml Average, Batting First, Batting Second Since 2008 25.7 22.8 Since 2007 58.4 32.0 Since 2006 63.9 29.9 Since 2005 55.7 28.5 Since 2004 48.7 33.0 Since 2003 51.2 34.0 Since 2002 54.1 35.5 Since 2001 54.0 38.5 I really would love to understand how he manages this. Clearly, it cannot be form or injury because he has been doing well in the first innings right through. The numbers do show that it has been a struggle in recent years in the second innings. Fineleg may be very vocal and aggressive about it but I am surprised that hardly anyone finds any problem in these numbers. Or anything worth discussing about. For whatever reason - and I have no clue what it could be - SRT seems to have a big problem while chasing in recent years, the odd good score notwithstanding. .
Excellent post, K-I-C! I may be over the top, in some of my posts, but that alone is probably not the reason why no one is seeing the point. People find it easy to dismiss a post without numbers and a whole bunch of research done, but now you have provided the numbers and have provided the research/analysis people are asking for. Lets see if it makes any difference to the "objective" fans.
KR and Gambo, Ok. You want to say I'm not objective, ok be my guest. Even though I believe I am, I can understand that posts are what are used to judge a person in a forum in a certain timeframe, and I can get very emotional and upset/rant with my posts. So, I can understand if you wont believe me, without knowing me better. Now, but kic is a SRT fan but has made an objective post atleast. Lets see what the real objective and calm, unemotional fans write for that.
I see no response to the analysis above from kic. But more attacks on me :D
Except for Gambit (even he wrote to my post and not to kic)' date=' whom I responded to above, there has been KR, Predator and Zubin Pepsi all targeting Fineleg's posts. No one wants to respond to kic who has provided some analysis and research above.[/quote']
pls. do tell me, what ignorant thing has kic posted. pls. take a look. i was ridiculed for being ignorant becos i did not back up my posts with numbers. but that is not the case here, there is analysis done!
I wish BB was here to run that query for so many players bumps and date range scan etc :D I never figured out how to run these stats queries, though bb and apo taught me a few basic queries. So, cop out. Neverthless, are you trying to prove that SRT was no worse than a Ponting or Inzy etc? Is that the point of the exercise? BTW - it will be better to change the bigger chase criteria to 275+ instead of 250+ @suraj: I kept highlighting kic's post nearly 3+ times in this thread, so more will respond to that, but still many avoided it. Only Bumper has followed it up with a counter request for different stats. Maybe I shud switch to becoming SRT "hardcore fan" and then make life easier for myself and others.:P
Great knock today' date=' [b']but please read the first OP of this thread. This was about 275+ chases. So, bump this thread, but bump it up another day when the criteria matchez. Not applicable today.
If you have the answer' date=' then [b']post how many 275+ chases since 2005 onwards. I dont have it, but I think Kic had the averages posted in one the posts.
Isn't it funny Finey that you were all over the shop about KIC's post which didn't have any criteria of 275+ scores or anything of that sort and merely kept it to chases be it of 300+ runs or 50+ runs!! Yet the moment he scored unbeaten century chasing 240, you immediately sprang up to say that this chase didn't match your criteria!!! Is KIC's stat post matching your criteria?

Buuuuuuuuurn. :D I do love the "BTW - it will be better to change the bigger chase criteria to 275+ instead of 250+" comment. Maybe when SRT next tons up chasing 275, we'll see "BTW - it will be better to change the bigger chase criteria to 338+ instead of 275+" and so on...