Shoaib Akhtar ready to share tips with Ishant

Zakhmi

Ishant should be nursed well: Akhtar Interview Shoaib Akhtar spells excitement. Be it on the cricket field or off it, the maverick Pakistani speedster has a penchant for the unusual. He spoke to Jaideep Marar a few minutes after his arrival in Mumbai on Monday. Excerpts: How difficult is it being Shoaib Akhtar? Very difficult. I have to do well every time I step on the field. I just cannot relax and there is no room for mistake. Every little bit is blown up into a big issue. The media perception also doesn't help. Every time it is seen as a personality clash. Did you think of quitting it all? It is quite frustrating. I'm not going to give up so easily. How do you tackle all that is said about you? By not listening to them. There are reports of PCB banning you for your recent outbursts... I only said cricket should not be played on dull pitches. There was nothing in it for the fast bowlers. It was boring cricket. I never criticised the PCB. But because it was Shoaib Akhtar who pointed it out, it has become a big issue. How do you view PCB's tough stance on its cricketers who have joined ICL? I don't know whether it is legal or not. But if any cricketer is making money by playing cricket, it is not wrong. We are not talking about rich people here. Nearly every player has ten mouths to feed at home. How is he going to earn his bread and butter if he is stopped from playing? Think as a human being. Honestly, this (opposition to players) should stop. You've finalised your deal with IPL? What do you think I'm here for? (Laughs). Yes. There is talk of putting a ban on sledging in cricket... It would be better if they stick a tape on the bowler's mouth and play. Why don't they understand that show of aggression comes naturally to fast bowlers. You cannot stop fast bowlers from taking the mickey out of the batsmen. What are we getting into? Schoolgirls cricket... where a bowler is smiling at the batsman every time he runs in to bowl? As long as it is not below the belt and there is no abuse, there should not be any problem. How do you rate Ishant Sharma? He is a great find. I had recommended him to the Indian dressing room after watching him practice during the Delhi Test in Nov last year. But, a problem with India and Pakistan is when a talent emerges they burden him with heavy workload. So much so ki chhe mahine mein tod dalte hain (they break him up within six months). India should nurse Ishant properly. How do you rate Pakistan's chances against Australia? Agar hui toh (laughs). We have a strong bowling side and if we are fit we have a good chance.

Above is true.
Now, we have considerable pace battery. A perfect rotation policy must be implemented irrespective of any factor as done by Aussies. Slowly and steadily our bench strength will increase and have a healthy competition amongst the performers.
Now' date=' we have considerable pace battery. A perfect rotation policy must be implemented irrespective of any factor as done by Aussies. [b']Slowly and steadily our bench strength will increase and have a healthy competition amongst the performers.
But please do not include Dadaji Munaf in that list.
And Munaf only cut down his pace after Greg Chappal advised him to do so. So someone needs to say him to increase his pace again and then he will become a different kind of bowler.
Munaf is a idiot bowler. He had one of the most fascinating thing in his armour i.e. pace and he cut it down completely to become an ordinary bowler.
Yes, definitely. Look at Ishant, he is doing well with his pace and now he has got good line and length. Munaf has to take lesson and work a lot about his stuff.
And Munaf only cut down his pace after Greg Chappal advised him to do so. So someone needs to say him to increase his pace again and then he will become a different kind of bowler.
Do you know why he said that? Is it because Chappell wanted to kill Indian cricket? No! It is because Munaf does not have the fitness to have a 145kph career.
Munaf is a idiot bowler. He had one of the most fascinating thing in his armour i.e. pace and he cut it down completely to become an ordinary bowler.
I don't remember the last ordinary Indian bowler to average 33.57 (or lower) in Test cricket and 29.79 in ODIs. Indian fans have short memories, do you not remember that he was India's most economic bowler in the last ODI as well as taking the crucial wicket of Dilshan.
The IPL is supposed to have a winner of the "best pitch" right? And theyre supposed to be the fastest' date=' bounciest and truest wickets, I think. Also, many of these matches will be played at night, so IS wouldnt have to change his bowling style (generally)[/quote'] Thats really good to know. Hope that prevails in all venues, otherwise Mohali is the only pitch that will give IS the same kinda response as in Australia.