Who was true batting MoM for India in 2011 WC final?

WC 2011 Final MoM  

51 members have voted

1. 1. WC 2011 Final MoM

• Gautam Gambhir
    • MS Dhoni

Gambhir would never want but Bollywood needs to do a real biopic on Gambhir. It will

make the best life story.

Rich background guy who stayed down to earth even when selectors asked for money for his selction in under 19 team. Not many know that story. 

A very different sort of story which is not your average story about rags to riches but about honesty all through out their life. Gambhir family is testament to the honesty culture of some rich Indian families who abide all the laws.

38 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. I don't think they are biased or forced. But if they took everything into account how gauti played and the situation he was in and the situation that dhoni came in, gauti should have been the MoM.

Ok, I am arguing for the sake of arguing.

But just to be clear what are you trying to say, pick one

1. Dhoni and Gambhir both played deserving inning, but Gambhir deserved it more because of mentioned difficulties.

2. Dhoni didn't play deserving inning. Just walked in at easy situation and did what could have been done by any other batsman. He did just to hog limelight and it was wrong decision by panel to give him MoM.

Which one do you think was the case?

3 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Just to put Dhoni's all time great, Viv Richards esque batting performance into perspective: 

Nuwan Kulasekera 32 runs off 30 balls - only got out to a run out

Thissara Perrera 22* runs off 9 balls  

Both average batsmen, batted down the order without dew on the track. Dhoni chamchas raving like Dhoni stepped onto a minefield

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/433606/india-vs-sri-lanka-final-icc-cricket-world-cup-2010-11

Thanks for opening our eyes. We just saw Tendy scoring 18 and assumed the pitch was a minefield. But then we remembered it was a WC final and therefore Tendu failing makes sense...today I learnt that Kulasekara scored more than Tendu's aggregate in WC finals lol.

2 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Thanks for opening our eyes. We just saw Tendy scoring 18 and assumed the pitch was a minefield. But then we remembered it was a WC final and therefore Tendu failing makes sense...today I learnt that Kulasekara scored more than Tendu's aggregate in WC finals lol.

yes when batting down the order after hard work done by Jayawardene and rest of SL top order. Early movement for seamers, hence Tharanga (one of SLs best batsmen at the time) and Dilshan (SR of 67 when he was one of most destructive/best top order bats in the world) is testament how batting at top of the order was toughest in that match. Thanks for making my main point all along even more apparent 

26 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

yes when batting down the order after hard work done by Jayawardene and rest of SL top order. Early movement for seamers, hence Tharanga (one of SLs best batsmen at the time) and Dilshan (SR of 67 when he was one of most destructive/best top order bats in the world) is testament how batting at top of the order was toughest in that match. Thanks for making my main point all along even more apparent 

Just admit you got owned and move on.

How does a 8 years old meaningless pov pop up from no where? It's been 8 years folks, Who the eff cares? Learn to let things go ... even a break up should not sting this much after 8 years. The 2011WC trophy is back in india. Does it really matter? Both Dhoni/Ghambir played their part. Without both of them performing in the final, IND would not have won the WC. Both innings were crucial. Ghambir did his part in the top of the order, dhoni did his job finishing it off.