Indians have never helped Pak cricket, fumes Miandad

Feed

Pakistan asked India to play the matches from March 12 in Lahore after Australia's tour was reduced to under a month from 44 days. More... India has rejected an invitation to play a three-match one-day series in Pakistan in March, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said on Sunday. Pakistan asked India to play the matches from March 12 in Lahore after Australia's tour was reduced to under a month from 44 days. "The president of the Indian cricket board, Sharad Pawar, called up and spoke to the (PCB) chairman explaining the tour was not possible due to the tight schedule of the Indian players," a spokesman for the PCB said. "The Indian board has said that their players have been on tour for the last three months and start a home series against South Africa from March 26 and are fatigued." The spokesman said the Indian board had promised to play the three matches in Pakistan before the ICC Champions Trophy is held in September and October. "Obviously we are disappointed because our players are already short of cricket activities. But we are hoping the Australians tour from March 29 will go ahead as scheduled," he added. Australia are set to send a delegation to Pakistan to inspect the venues and security arrangements before they confirm their tour. Some of their players have concerns about playing in Pakistan. Pakistan has also invited Sri Lanka to play a one-day series.

Anybody think this is out of concern for the workload of the players? BCCI is awash with SONY/WSG dollars and simply can't be assed with a few more thousand quid.
I do too. BCCI has sruck a gold mine with IPL, they ca't be bothered with bronze from Pakistan.
I do too. BCCI has sruck a gold mine with IPL' date=' they ca't be bothered with bronze from Pakistan.[/quote'] ..do you see IPL just taking over the game? see when you start something like this with money involved, its very hard to stop it ..I am just wondering, if India weren't the 20-20 champs, you think all this would have happened?
..do you see IPL just taking over the game? see when you start something like this with money involved, its very hard to stop it ..I am just wondering, if India weren't the 20-20 champs, you think all this would have happened?
Not a chance. I suppose it is good for cricketers. I think IPL will end up becoming a regular feature every year and will be one of the bigger tourneys people will look forward to lke they look up to ODI WC. ICC is stupid not to introduce some kind of competition in the test cricket format. Otherwise test cricket will suffer in countries other than India, Australia and England.
Not a chance. I suppose it is good for cricketers. I think IPL will end up becoming a regular feature every year and will be one of the bigger tourneys people will look forward to lke they look up to ODI WC. ICC is stupid not to introduce some kind of competition in the test cricket format. Otherwise test cricket will suffer in countries other than India' date=' Australia and England.[/quote'] I think otherwise, I literally feel the charm of tests will fade..I really hope not. We have an era where we prefer things with a click of a button, will cricket be the same A chat, few drinks and cheers on a 1 hr game

IF BCCI had accepted for this tour, I am pretty sure there would have been many players opting out of faking injury. I mean, doesnt PCB know in the first place that its impossible for India to accept a tour in March, just before the Saffie tour ? Why would they want to make such an impossible demand in the first place ? Why is the board killing our players with such unsustainable work-load ? Isnt there a player-board mechanism in place, that helps players convey their sentiments to the board ?