Canceling Willow. Tips/suggestions?

kirkutfan

1 hour ago, kirkutfan said:

Hi. Just wanted to thank you all. The strongly worded email did the trick. Just got the response confirming the cancellation. Appreciate the advice you all provided. Cheers 

So whats the plan now for world cup? Both world cup and IPl will be with Hotstar as well as I guess with Willow. 

Some home games are with Hotstar though. 

You will have to choose one of them again.

On 1/24/2019 at 2:18 AM, kirkutfan said:

Hi, 

I was watching the India v Australia games in the US by subscribing to Willow tv. Now I don’t have any use for them anymore, so I have contacted them to cancel. They either do not respond or offer me discounts. But they have not complied with my requests to cancel. Any ideas on how I can make this cancellation happen? Thanks for helping me out.

If they are taking a monthly payment from your credit card, you could call them and tell them to put a freeze on that payment (most of the time marchent won't be able to take the money). Ususally you can tell the agent to file your card as lost, it will generate a new number and the merchant won't be able to charge you anymore (sometimes it does not work - on rare cases). Also explain to them that you have asked them to cancle but they did not compliy. Credit card will ask you for informations like what are the cancelation policy, etc. Better be prepared with all the infos and have them in hand. - I used to work part time at a bank so that's how I know :D

36 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

So whats the plan now for world cup? Both world cup and IPl will be with Hotstar as well as I guess with Willow. 

Some home games are with Hotstar though. 

You will have to choose one of them again.

I don’t have any problem with that. I have subscribed for a few months and then unsubscribed when the events I wanted to watch were done, before. This is the first time I encountered resistance/ non- response. So, unless they put me on some kind of black list, I would consider them again. If I am on that type of list, well life goes on.

By the way, even though I was firm, I was not rude. I simply reminded them that they did not act on my previous requests and that this was my final one requesting that they cancel my subscription and not send me any new promotions. They sent me an email informing that they complied with my request. 

Edited by kirkutfan
26 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

If they are taking a monthly payment from your credit card, you could call them and tell them to put a freeze on that payment (most of the time marchent won't be able to take the money). Ususally you can tell the agent to file your card as lost, it will generate a new number and the merchant won't be able to charge you anymore (sometimes it does not work - on rare cases). Also explain to them that you have asked them to cancle but they did not compliy. Credit card will ask you for informations like what are the cancelation policy, etc. Better be prepared with all the infos and have them in hand. - I used to work part time at a bank so that's how I know :D

Thanks. Fortunately, Willow resolved it so I didn’t have to resort to calling the credit card company. However, if I did, I would have had the information on hand.