Pakistan "retaliates" after IAF violation,loses one F-16

Asim

So we've seen evidence of an Indian jet and an Indian pilot which has been verified on lots of social media comments. We haven't see any evidence of a 2nd plane or 2nd pilot.

We also haven't seen any evidence of a F-16 or the bombing inside Pakistan yesterday.

Where is the evidence, why should anyone believe what either party says without evidence.

Tactically India must ensure we force Pakistan to waste more money on this war. Every hour we are keeping them in fight, the harder it is going to hit their pockets. No wonder Pakistan is raising hands to resolve disputes and end the war every morning they wake up. We will survive and recover but they will not be able to take the finacial burden of this war. Wipe out the 6 billion forex reserves they have. This is the best time we can hit them and ensure they will not recover for decades.

1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

Wipe out the 6 billion forex reserves they have. This is the best time we can hit them and ensure they will not recover for decades.

So make an already unstable country even more stable? What is better for the region, especially India, a developing/developed Pakistan or one that is pushed further back?

4 minutes ago, bones said:

So make an already unstable country even more stable? What is better for the region, especially India, a developing/developed Pakistan or one that is pushed further back?

Neither is a developed Pakistan going to be of help to us nor the current Pakistan is helping us.

It is their problem not ours that they do not have money. They are a non-progressive nation . Neither are they our allies to support them.

3 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Neither is a developed Pakistan going to be of help to us nor the current Pakistan is helping us.

It is their problem not ours that they do not have money. They are a non-progressive nation . Neither are they our allies to support them.

Would you buy a house if the next door neighbours were violent and noisy? Would you move into a house if there was a chance of conflict?

Pakistan is geographically situated next to India, the border between the 2 countries is huge and both have a huge population.

It is in your best interests that they are developed and healthy as a country. There is much less to worry about if they did become developed. Right now the literacy levels in Pakistan are low and look what happening. Education will not make the situation worse.

13 minutes ago, bones said:

What stops them from spending quarter of their GDP on army? What stops them changing their foreign policy of teating India a "enemy" state.

Go back to 3-6% spending like rest of world and change the foreign policy and all will be sorted in 5 years. Its not in Indian hands

1 minute ago, mishra said:

What stops them from spending quarter of their GDP on army?

Today I've spoken to many Indians at my office, I work in the UK. They told me India spends just as much on it's defence as Pakistan.

I'm trying to find sources to back this, but struggling. Maybe it's a lie, but if it's true that's crazy.

2 minutes ago, bones said:

Today I've spoken to many Indians at my office, I work in the UK. They told me India spends just as much on it's defence as Pakistan.

I'm trying to find sources to back this, but struggling. Maybe it's a lie, but if it's true that's crazy.

No, we spend lot more. Not as much. But our GDP is way more.  And China spends more than us.  But in terms of percentages, allmost every stable nations spends around 3-6%

Edited by mishra

7 minutes ago, bones said:

Would you buy a house if the next door neighbours were violent and noisy? Would you move into a house if there was a chance of conflict?

Pakistan is geographically situated next to India, the border between the 2 countries is huge and both have a huge population.

It is in your best interests that they are developed and healthy as a country. There is much less to worry about if they did become developed. Right now the literacy levels in Pakistan are low and look what happening. Education will not make the situation worse.

I am hearing this since 1970's. There were stupid people who trusted Pakistan then and there are stupid people who still trust Pakistan. Try telling this fanciful stories to  someone else.

3 hours ago, Stradlater said:

We deserve this.

3 hours ago, R!TTER said:

No we don't, but we have 2 hostile nuclear powers on either side therefore options are limited. I predicted this would escalate but how far, that's up to Pak IMO.

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Quitting forums for now. 

Can't concentrate on studies with this much **** going on. On the top of that , videos emerging which shows our pilot getting beaten up by Pakistani public.

This is sickening.

2 hours ago, rageaddict said:

Congratulations Pakistan. Hopefully the Pilot gets released and Modi earns no cheap point over teaching a lesson to Pakistan because hey they have fought well and are ready for more if provoked. 

2 hours ago, AhmedArzoo said:

What the public did was sad. Good that the PAK soldiers prevented him from getting lynched

to snowflakes in either side.

This is War. And its initial days. Its a two way street, its juvenile to jump up with joy or fall in despair for any losses in either side. 

Its a long war ahead. Hope the lady pilots are not scrambled from either side, the middle class folks cant take that. 

On topic , India hit non state actors. pak hit Indian defense depot, so its act of war from Pak.  Pak thinks they can escalate through a multi point ladder and know well before a nuke war becomes reality it also means pak want to escape just prior to it. India will continue to call pakistans bluff, in the mean time - pak will have lesser and lesser resources + loose more global relevance and faith in the process as India has no terror camps to attack. This is a zero sum game for pak, they have to dismantle terror camps and India has no other choice but to respond to the escalation.

3 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I am hearing this since 1970's. There were stupid people who trusted Pakistan then and there are stupid people who still trust Pakistan. Try telling this fanciful stories to  someone else. 

Well if you were around in the 70s, you're not a kid exactly. Strange that someone your age should be so angry and that too when someone is holding a civilised conversation.

So you're saying you've waited long enough for them to develop but it hasn't happened. That's fine. I don't agree with your viewpoint but each to their own.

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

India hit non state actors. pak hit Indian defense depot, so its act of war from Pak. 

Evidence please. I've said the same on the Pak forums too. Can we please get evidence.

Provide your sources because it seems like everyone is lying on both sides.

In fact the only truth in all of this is that Pak have an Ind pilot, but even with that we don't know if he crashed or was shot down.

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

On topic , India hit non state actors. pak hit Indian defense depot, so its act of war from Pak.  Pak thinks they can escalate through a multi point ladder and know well before a nuke war becomes reality it also means pak want to escape just prior to it. India will continue to call pakistans bluff, in the mean time - pak will have lesser and lesser resources + loose more global relevance and faith in the process as India has no terror camps to attack. This is a zero sum game for pak, they have to dismantle terror camps and India has no other choice but to respond to the escalation.

That was  / still is the only option but the one which they had and have been avoiding and continue to do so even recently with their denials. That is why US attacked in pakistan to wipe out terrorist Laden and India did URI and now this attack on 3 terror camps to wipe out those 3 camps on our own. Other countries are doing that by themselves. Think you are expecting far too much from Pakistan. All countries atatcking Pakistan have done so after having lost patience.

4 minutes ago, bones said:

Well if you were around in the 70s, you're not a kid exactly. Strange that someone your age should be so angry and that too when someone is holding a civilised conversation.

So you're saying you've waited long enough for them to develop but it hasn't happened. That's fine. I don't agree with your viewpoint but each to their own.

No issues with difference of opinion. Each to his own experience and conclusions. Agree to disagree.

@Vilander India has mooved  some troupes to its border. if their forex reserve comes down few billions simply trying to defend their positions, that would do as much damage as FATF list in negative rating of Pakistani .

economy. Offcourse 20 billion commitment of MBS will also be delayed too. Keep these guys busy till Iran and Afghanistan can start retaliating to their aggression. May be 10-15 more years

Edited by mishra

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

@Vilander India has mooved  some troupes to its border. if their forex reserve comes down few billions simply trying to defend their positions, that would do as much damage as FATF list in negative rating of Pakistani .

economy. Offcourse 20 billion commitment of MBS will also be delayed too. Keep these guys busy till Iran and Afghanistan can start retaliating to their aggression. May be 10-15 more years

China did offer them 2 Billion as temporary relief to their decreasing reserves. Even with those 2 billions its going to be between 8 - 9 billion. Still a pathetic figure for a populated nation.

Whatever MBS has mentioned is investment rather than an addition to forex reserves.