Sky Sports has lost rights for all India matches including IPL

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

The only loser here is the IPL brand. SKY made it very famous even among local masses in UK with their build up shows on IPL etc. It had gathered a fantastic following on the last 2 years. Now, not many will be bothered to watch in digital platform and eventually the popularity of the league will reduce.

#SELFGOAL

It was ITV which got it right. Put IPL on free to Air Channel even if there is less money and everyone will watch

5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

The only loser here is the IPL brand. SKY made it very famous even among local masses in UK with their build up shows on IPL etc. It had gathered a fantastic following on the last 2 years. Now, not many will be bothered to watch in digital platform and eventually the popularity of the league will reduce.

#SELFGOAL

The majority of the British Asians who follow IPL will still be able to watch now that it is on Star Gold. However there is some anger and disappointment amongst English fan folk. They have come to enjoy the IPL as more and more of their players are participating. A definite blunder on Star/Sky's part. 

19 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

The majority of the British Asians who follow IPL will still be able to watch now that it is on Star Gold. However there is some anger and disappointment amongst English fan folk. They have come to enjoy the IPL as more and more of their players are participating. A definite blunder on Star/Sky's part. 

Thanks for the info. Yes, Star Gold will be showing this.

So where can I watch the IPL in 2019?

Two places. Either via Star Gold UK on your TVs or by creating an account with Hotstar, an online streaming platform.

How do I access Star Gold UK?

If you have a Sky basic TV bundle, you should be able to quickly and easily find the action. The station is also available via Virgin Media.

On Sky, Star Gold UK is on channel 729.

On Virgin Media, it's channel 801. 

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/ipl/how_can_i_watch_ipl_in_uk_what_is_hotstar_what_channel_is_star_gold_uk.html

On 3/2/2019 at 8:16 PM, puneet28 said:

Watching cricket in Australia too is getting expensive. Official broadcaster Kayosports is $25 per month. Either I use online links which is not reliable or use vpn to access Indian hotstar.

In Australia YuppTV is an option as well for IPL at least. They are giving it for AUD $22.