Ravichandran ashwin would be my choice as the 15th member of Wc squad

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Many people will laugh at me but I still believe Ashwin is a better LOI bowler than tests. Due to his variations...he is more suited to shorter formats...especially in T20 cricket. There is a reason....I wanted him to retire from tests and prep himself for t20 WC next year. As far as 50 over WC is concerned, not sure since we have Kulcha already and only 15 players allowed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He must bowl upfront if you ask me. That is where he was able to catch many batsmen with suspect footwork

6 hours ago, diehardpacer said:

Right now guarantees in WC Squad are:

Rohit,Dhawan,Kohli,Dhoni,Pandya,Jadhav,Bhuvi,Kuldeep,Shami,Bumrah,Chahal.

With 4 more spots Pant,KLR,Shankar,Rayudu(unwanted but will sneak in) are more likely to get in.

I am hoping that Kohli having watched Saini's bowling demands his inclusion in place of Rayudu. Even Deepak Chahar has a chance(CSK backing).

If it comes to either Rayudu/Ashwin,I will take Ashwin.

If they are really seriously setting their mind on taking an useless middle order batsman i would rather have Pandey over Rayudu. Atleast he can field well.

Because he's bowled two good spells in IPL? Looking at the thread title, I thought Ashwin may have taken 2-3 wickets per match but his record in this IPL reads 7 matches, 8 wickets@27.

As for him having great variations, his LOI record says otherwise, that when he was in better form and fitness.

Sorry. Let us not disturb the KulCha combo. These two have done well outside Asia and deserve to play ahead of anyone else in the WC. 

21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

doesnt mean a player cant improve

Players can improve, but WC isn't a tournament for that. If Ashwin had performed in ODIs in chances b/w CT and WC, then I could support him in the squad, but he was garbage up to the CT, and hasn't played any consistent ODI matches since then. He can't come back based on IPL only.

He will be like Yuvraj popping up every time their is a tournament. 

16 minutes ago, Moochad said:

Players can improve, but WC isn't a tournament for that. If Ashwin had performed in ODIs in chances b/w CT and WC, then I could support him in the squad, but he was garbage up to the CT, and hasn't played any consistent ODI matches since then. He can't come back based on IPL only.

easier said then done , all finger spinners were struggling in LOI and hence he had to develop even more variation

Isnt a tournament for what ?? are we sure about other positions as well 

16 minutes ago, Moochad said:

He will be like Yuvraj popping up every time their is a tournament. 

not really , yuvraj has won u 2 cups ....ashwin will never be in same space

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

easier said then done , all finger spinners were struggling in LOI and hence he had to develop even more variation

Isnt a tournament for what ?? are we sure about other positions as well 

Tournament isn't a place to experiment if Ashwin is now good or not or he developed any more variations. Most seasons of his career Ashwin avgs over 30 with the ball, its not only the last few years. The last time he got a chance, he was a failure, CT.

We have 2 spinners already who outperform him easily as a wicket-taker, and Jadeja is a better overall package than him in ODIs as 3rd spinner. Jadeja also isn't great, but atleast he can field well and bat better.  

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not really , yuvraj has won u 2 cups ....ashwin will never be in same space

Not comparing the two, comparing how Yuvraj gets direct entry into the Indian side despite not doing anything recently, example WT20, CT. Ashwin has also done nothing to earn a place back in the side.

Edited by Moochad
22 minutes ago, Moochad said:

Tournament isn't a place to experiment if Ashwin is now good or not or he developed any more variations. Most seasons of his career Ashwin avgs over 30 with the ball, its not only the last few years. The last time he got a chance, he was a failure, CT.

as of now we are not sure of no.4 so it wud also be an experiment by that logi and not even 4th seamer so that wud be to 

and last time before that he played damn well in CT 2013....so things change nothing is permanent 

We have 2 spinners already who outperform him easily as a wicket-taker, and Jadeja is a better overall package than him in ODIs as 3rd spinner. Jadeja also isn't great, but atleast he can field well and bat better.  

How is jadeja an overall package ?

Not comparing the two, comparing how Yuvraj gets direct entry into the Indian side despite not doing anything recently, example WT20, CT. Ashwin has also done nothing to earn a place back in the side.

yuvi actualy wasnt even doing well in IPL atleast ashwin is doing decent and its number of option he gives .....as gambhir rightly said its not about individuals but the combinations

WC is the next tournament we are going to play. No ODI matches to play before that. No chance to try/experiment.

No need to complicate.

Pick your best 4 wicket taking bowlers (Bumrah, Shami, Kuldeep, Chahal).

5th bowler quota by the utility players and batsmen who can bowl ... Hardik, Kedar, Shankar.

That's the best balance/combo you can get from the resources we have.

Start the tournament with the established players. If someone is out of form, replace him with a player from the bench.

R Sharma

S Dhawan

* V Kohli

V Shankar

+ M Dhoni

K Jadhav

H Pandya

M Shami

J Bumrah

K Yadav

Y Chahal

Rahul, Pant, Bhuvi, (Saini/Parsidh/Jaddu/Ash) could complete the squad. The likes of Pant/Saini/Prasidh would be wildcards if picked.

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

as of now we are not sure of no.4 so it wud also be an experiment by that logi and not even 4th seamer so that wud be to 

and last time before that he played damn well in CT 2013....so things change nothing is permanent 

#4 is fair, but Kohli has mentioned that only 1 spot is up for grabs before the WC. That is #4 I am thinking. Maybe opener slot has opened up if Rohit;s injury is serious. 

2013 CT was one tournament it was good, 2017 CT was bad, but his overall career he has more bad seasons in ODIs than good ones.

Career summary
GroupingAscending Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5  

year 2010   7 7 66.0 3 325 14 3/24 23.21 4.92 28.2 0 0 view innings
year 2011   18 17 155.1 3 731 25 3/28 29.24 4.71 37.2 0 0 view innings
year 2012   16 16 146.0 5 686 17 3/32 40.35 4.69 51.5 0 0 view innings
year 2013   29 29 259.5 6 1353 40 3/39 33.82 5.20 38.9 0 0 view innings
year 2014   17 17 161.5 8 768 23 3/31 33.39 4.74 42.2 0 0 view innings
year 2015   13 13 120.4 9 516 21 4/25 24.57 4.27 34.4 1 0 view innings
year 2016   2 2 19.0 0 128 2 2/68 64.00 6.73 57.0 0 0 view innings
year 2017   9 8 75.0 1 430 8 3/28 53.75 5.73 56.2 0 0 view innings

That's not a player that deserves to get back into the team again based on IPL only. 

23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How is jadeja an overall package ?

Jadeja is a bad ODI player as well, but is more of an overall package than Ashwin.

Bowling both are bad, Ashwin >Jadeja

Batting both are bad, Jadeja > Ashwin

Fielding, Jadeja>>>>Ashwin

6 minutes ago, Moochad said:

#4 is fair, but Kohli has mentioned that only 1 spot is up for grabs before the WC. That is #4 I am thinking. Maybe opener slot has opened up if Rohit;s injury is serious. 

Kohli to bahut kuch bolta hai n 1 month baad statement badlta hai 

6 minutes ago, Moochad said:

2013 CT was one tournament it was good, 2017 CT was bad, but his overall career he has more bad seasons in ODIs than good ones.

Career summary
GroupingAscending Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5  

year 2010   7 7 66.0 3 325 14 3/24 23.21 4.92 28.2 0 0 view innings
year 2011   18 17 155.1 3 731 25 3/28 29.24 4.71 37.2 0 0 view innings
year 2012   16 16 146.0 5 686 17 3/32 40.35 4.69 51.5 0 0 view innings
year 2013   29 29 259.5 6 1353 40 3/39 33.82 5.20 38.9 0 0 view innings
year 2014   17 17 161.5 8 768 23 3/31 33.39 4.74 42.2 0 0 view innings
year 2015   13 13 120.4 9 516 21 4/25 24.57 4.27 34.4 1 0 view innings
year 2016   2 2 19.0 0 128 2 2/68 64.00 6.73 57.0 0 0 view innings
year 2017   9 8 75.0 1 430 8 3/28 53.75 5.73 56.2 0 0 view innings

That's not a player that deserves to get back into the team again based on IPL only. 

Jadeja is a bad ODI player as well, but is more of an overall package than Ashwin.

Bowling both are bad, Ashwin >Jadeja

Batting both are bad, Jadeja > Ashwin

Fielding, Jadeja>>>>Ashwin

Their are some player whom u choose for options not numbers , ppl question hardik numbers as well but he gives u options

KL is also going to - his numbers are also not gr8

Ashwin can contribute if he bats up the order, jadeja cant make him bat anywere

Again m saying ashwin at 4 is a backup plan not the 1st plan and a backup plan is must in every  scenario

36 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u really think a conservative captain like kohli n selectors like MSK will go for saini , prasidh

Extremely unlikely under normal circumstances.

But there's an outside chance if the usual suspects like Umesh, Kaul, Unadkat, Dhawal have very poor IPL and Saini/Prasidh have a very good one.

This is a matter of discussion only if they're looking for a 4th seamer. Bumrah, Shami and Bhuvi would be the first three. If they pick 3 spinners in the squad, there's a big chance they won't pick a 4th seamer.

1 minute ago, philcric said:

Extremely unlikely under normal circumstances.

But there's an outside chance if the usual suspects like Umesh, Kaul, Unadkat, Dhawal have very poor IPL and Saini/Prasidh have a very good one.

still they wont take a rookie- the excuse of ipl form doesnt matter will be given coz deep inside they are conservative

n given me ashwin over umesh , kaul any day 

1 minute ago, philcric said:

This is a matter of discussion only if they're looking for a 4th seamer. Bumrah, Shami and Bhuvi would be the first three. If they pick 3 spinners in the squad, there's a big chance they won't pick a 4th seamer.

If its 4th seamer high chances it ll be - umesh, khaleel, chahar(whose ipl is also going decent), kaul ...

n half ipl is left , pitches will wear down....these trundlers come spinner will start to pick wkts now 

38 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

still they wont take a rookie- the excuse of ipl form doesnt matter will be given coz deep inside they are conservative

n given me ashwin over umesh , kaul any day 

If its 4th seamer high chances it ll be - umesh, khaleel, chahar(whose ipl is also going decent), kaul ...

n half ipl is left , pitches will wear down....these trundlers come spinner will start to pick wkts now 

As I said, an outside chance.

Umesh, Khaleel, Unadkat aren't even getting a spot in their IPL team's playing XI. Kaul, Dhawal are getting smashed like net bowlers almost every game.

Chahar bowled a few good spells, getting some swing upfront. Saini and Prasidh bowled some magnificent deliveries, generating great pace and bounce from good length.

Even for an uber conservative selectors and TM, it may be too obvious to miss.