Pie eaters thread

Can I also have a helping too regarding PK? I called him an Alex Wharf clone! But still not sold on the 5 bowler theory. We should always play 7 batsmen.
They are viewing crapthan as an all rounder and so he bats at 7, so we have 7 batters. Its open to debate wether crapthan can be classed as a bowle,r so we are in many ways not going with the 5 bowler theory.
Very surprised we won the trophy! I'm not dreaming right, we did win, right!? OMG! This is bigger than some fluke big final win - this is best of 3, and very tough to win. SRT delivered in both the finalz! wow!
You probably should create another separate thread solely for the pies you have on your face.
Guest whineleg

Oh no, I have too many thingz to take back. Can someone help me list all the negative thingz I said about this Indian team and SRT in particular?

always thought PK's only asset is swing and he should take new ball. and thats what Dhoni learnt. In his first game he came 2nd change and was not so effective.
Same here, but probably he can also be a james hopes/mascarenhas type bowler in the middle aswell. I expected success for PK when the ball was swinging but expected him to get swatted on flat wickets but, even at 21, he adapted to different conditions and still came out on top. Happily to have a pie on my face.
Oh no, I have too many thingz to take back. Can someone help me list all the negative thingz I said about this Indian team and SRT in particular?
i was thinking that was ur way of cheering for the team? we all have our ways, I know :-). I'm cramped up BAD whenever India bats :((
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I never expected WL concept will be so popular.....EOF.....:yay::yay::yay:

I was wrong about PK, 5 bowler theory, opting to chase vs SL etc I am not surprised how many of us were wrong about Praveen Kumar. India, as a cricketing nation, has witnessed heaps of mediocrity in the fast bowling department in the last two decades. From the Agarkars to the Bangars to the Salvis, we've time & time again witnessed Indian trundlers doling out half volleys at 120 kph. When you see so much mediocrity in your lifetime, you are always gonna be suspicious. Add to the list, the Balajis and the Munafs, who withered away after a spectacular beginning to their careers, its gonna take some convincing to believe in your fast bowler. For the same reason, many of us didnt even think of Ishant very highly until the recent tour. Years of mauling at the hands of this Aussie team, even with our more experienced speedsters, had left some permanent scars in many of us. Hence PK only raised fears instead of hopes. For the first time, in many years, the Aussie aggression and their lack of respect for opponent bowlers has cost them a series. They didnt know any other way to play, so they perished using aggressive tactics, often placing their own egos over their team's needs, when a bit of circumspection and caution would have seen them thru. With Gilly, Hogg retiring & Hayden not far away from retirement, the gap between them and the rest of the world, has certainly narrowed significantly. Considering its youth & talent, India looks like the only team, capable of toppling the Aussies in the long term. But do we have the professionalism & hunger to become no. 1 & stay up there ?

I was wrong about PK, 5 bowler theory, opting to chase vs SL etc I am not surprised how many of us were wrong about Praveen Kumar. India, as a cricketing nation, has witnessed heaps of mediocrity in the fast bowling department in the last two decades. From the Agarkars to the Bangars to the Salvis, we've time & time again witnessed Indian trundlers doling out half volleys at 120 kph. When you see so much mediocrity in your lifetime, you are always gonna be suspicious. Add to the list, the Balajis and the Munafs, who withered away after a spectacular beginning to their careers, its gonna take some convincing to believe in your fast bowler. For the same reason, many of us didnt even think of Ishant very highly until the recent tour. Years of mauling at the hands of this Aussie team, even with our more experienced speedsters, had left some permanent scars in many of us. Hence PK only raised fears instead of hopes. For the first time, in many years, the Aussie aggression and their lack of respect for opponent bowlers has cost them a series. They didnt know any other way to play, so they perished using aggressive tactics, often placing their own egos over their team's needs, when a bit of circumspection and caution would have seen them thru. With Gilly, Hogg retiring & Hayden not far away from retirement, the gap between them and the rest of the world, has certainly narrowed significantly. Considering its youth & talent, India looks like the only team, capable of toppling the Aussies in the long term. But do we have the professionalism & hunger to become no. 1 & stay up there ?
Nice post, bumper. The last stmt - a question - is critical. Lets hope so. Stay up there is difficult and tiring and needs a Dravid or Kumble or SRT like hardwork - raw pure BORING hardwork, a tiger woods like boring repetitious practice, and more practice. Lets see if the young guns who are trying to reach the top, first reach it, and then STAY THERE for a while atleast. I would love it if they can. It needs more than talent and chutzpah, it needs big time commitment and sincerity.

They will do it in style. They have a very important ingredient. Belief in themselves and their ability to win at the highest level. Now that they have won a major tournament against the worlds best side (perhaps former), they will be no looking back. Form slumps will come and they will go...once at that level, you know it and you know you can make it back. The youngsters have arrived.