Current Indian team reminds me of Srilanka of the early 2000s

Alain Prost is a 4 time champion. Ayrton Senna is a 3 time champion. The 7 time champion Schumacher would list Senna as the best F1 driver of all time. Why? Because:

A decision that a team (and a cricketer) needs to make is- does it want to be a Prost or a Senna?

Edited by zen

Well thankfully the talent that is waiting in line are top notch and are not short of flair. We have atleast 5 90 MPH bowloers in teir early 20's. The wrist spinning stocks are good with Kulcha + Rahul Chahar + Shreyas Gopal.

We know about the batting talent coming through. I'm confident atleast a couple will be India greats, if not ATGs. 

The only problem I see, is phasing out the current stars once thy are past it. DHoni, Kohli, Rohit have become big enough that they get to dictate when they leave the game. 

MSD, Jadhav, Shkhar must be retired immediately afetr the WC, if we are to adopt a new culture. KL Rahul must be given a set number of ODI's to prove his credentials, if not he too must be shown the door in ODIs. I strongly suspect Rohit will have lost it by the time WC 2023 comes around, but I don't think selectors have the b@lls to phase him out after the WC. Among the pacers, I see only Bumrah playing the next WC.

Indeed we are a boring still playing the early 2010s style cricket. All because of the huge ego that 38 yr old keeper-batsman has, who thinks because he thrashes the Unadkats and Dhawals at will in IPL, he can do so in int’l cricket as well. Been trying and failing since 2014, same period in which other teams have totally revamped their sides and style of cricket.

We play a far more aggressive and attractive brand of cricket in Tests than in LOIs. Guess who plays LOIs but not tests.