The COMBINED Test and ODI tour: Your favorite win or moment??? Pls. post

Perth Test win vs CB Series walloping: Which is more beloved (if you are forced to choose)? I think both. Both are great. If you put a gun to my head, and make me choose....I'll have to choose (with sadness to omit CB series), the Perth win. Perth Test is just that... In the past, always the pacy, bouncy, juicy Perth has one all excited, our batsmen will usually fail and thats the sad part. But this time we conquered Perth in a Test match- that's the MOST BRILLIANT moment of this Aus tour. Second is the CB Series win. duh, that's not hard to guess

A test match win will alwayz remain the best win no matter how many odi's u win.. this test match win @ perth was special because not many teamz have won there.. CWB SERIEZ FINAL VICTORY WOULD ALSO BE RITE THERE ON TOP.. WE DEFEATED AUSTRALIA twice in a row to win it.. not that it was one of fluke.. we did it twice in a row.. I CAN'T PUT EITHER VICTORY OVER THE OTHER.. HOW MUCH SHYT AN ODI LOOK IN FRONT OF TEST CRICKET.. BUT TODAY INDIAN ODI CRICKET DESERVZ RESPECT AND HENCE BOTH PERTH TEST AND THIS CWB SERIES DESERVZ SAME APPLAUD AND RECOGNITION.

The first 15 overs of the Melbourne ODI will be something I will NEVER forget. In a thrilling contest between bat and ball, astonishment gave way to pure unbridled joy as India's bowlers eventually ripped through the Aussies - ultimately bundling them out for a paltry total of 159. Those first 15 overs set the tone for India's CB Series campaign. Right from the first ball when Sreesanth raced in, i knew something special was going to happen. The readings on the speed guns were remarkable as both Sree and Ishant kept clocking 140-145, again and again and again. Edges flying all over the place, catches being dropped, ball beating the bat over and over, boundaries being scored off good balls by the likes of Hayden. It was one of the most absorbing periods of cricket i have seen in an ODI. You couldn't miss a single ball. My favourite moment was when Ishant had 18 runs taken off his 2nd over and he roared back in the most emphatic fashion; bowling a stunning, whirlwind spell which just blew the Aussies away. Nailed Hayden as he played away from the body, then Ponting with an absolute corker - two wickets in two successive overs. Australia were flying at 8 an over and instead of looking to contain, here was a fearless kid just pegging away - looking to take wickets no matter what the cost. You could feel the momentum shift abruptly. Symonds walked in and started cautiously leaving every other ball outside off stump, drawing caution to the wind - what's going on here ? The batsman who had humbled the Indian bowlers a few months ago was now playing half-cocked, indecisive cricket - being drawn forward and back, being toyed with by this prodigious 19 year old. In the space of two overs the hunter became the hunted, the tables had turned in the blink of an eye. With the Aussies on the backfoot, Ishant came off for a few overs - only to return later and finish off what he started by snaring Symonds with another brilliant ball seaming just a touch outside off-stump which left the burly batsman clueless. This was an exhibition of genuinely fast, hostile, and clever bowling - a memory which i will cherish for the rest of my life. Ishant's first 3 went for 31 runs, and he would concede just 7 more runs in his next 6 overs to finish with 9-1-38-3.

The Perth win is numero uno without doubt. To win a test at an Aussie pace fortress ,where we were expected to roll over and die given the beating at MCG and the cheating at SCG, was a staggering feat! Three things I shall never forget as long as I live - Tendulkar guiding a BLee exocet over the slips en route to 71 - Ishant's spell to Ponting. That was complete mental and physical ownage of the best batsman in the world by a 19 year old playing only in his fourth test. - Harbhajan running to the pitch with the tricolour.

shadow-boxing perth win 2nd final celebration after hayden's wicket - almost brought tears to my eyes. that was how RAW the emotion was in that tightest of huddles, showed how much the team loved bhajji and how much he meant for the team, and all the abuse he took on the chin without flinching.

I have two: 1. Sachin's straight drive off Lee in Perth. He played two breathtaking straight drives in succession and the first one was a masterpiece...a beautifully composed example for the students of the game to follow for ages. 2. Ishant dismissing Ponting finally putting him out of his misery. That was preceded by a spell (call it a spell of magic or a spell of fast bowling, they both apply equally well here) that looked the best Australian batsman look pedestrian.

2. Ishant dismissing Ponting finally putting him out of his misery. That was preceded by a spell (call it a spell of magic or a spell of fast bowling, they both apply equally well here) that looked the best Australian batsman look pedestrian.
ICF Folkz, Is there a video snippet of the few overs of Ishant Sharma (that spell that troubled Punter) ultimately leading to the wicket?

The Ishant spell to Ponting in Perth was one of the best spells of all time. My favourite moment of the summer was Sachin's first ODI hundred in Australia (maybe a tad biased, as I was at the match). However, one of my favourite moments of the summer happened on Tuesday at Brisbane. It was just as Symonds got out and he was walking back to the pavilion and the Indians were celebrating ... Symonds looked back as the Indians were in their celebrations. It was the look of a defeated man, who had done nothing that entire series. Here is a video of it (poor quality). Its right at the start, but I rate it as one of my favourite moments of the summer. FgU_VReZrfw

Some memorable moments 1> 3 Indian fielders chase a balll all the way to the boundry, i think in the 1st final or in the Last game against SL.. It was so hilarious seems like the whole team wanted to chase and stop the ball 2> Jaffer against Brett Lee Manoj Tiwari against Brett Lee.. Never seen a guys so scared of losing their wicket/place in the side and wasnt it the same technique short ball followed by full pitch. 3> Tendulkars upper cut against the pace bowlers.. All of them were gems 4> 3 fielders placed by Aussie for Tendulkar to defend the uppercut.. Alas it never worked. 5> Gilcrist appealing for catch on clearly wide ball and the angry expression on Tendulkars face that followed. 6> Swat back pull off Clake by Tendulkar in the final.. Could the ball have been hit by any more disdain 7> Straight drive fours by Rohit sharma in the 1st final, reminded me of Gavaskars and Tendulkars straight drives when they were in full flow.. Alas tendulkar has forgotten them 8> Aussie leaving Ishants short ball alone.. Never thought i would see a short ball from indian bowler not hooked or pulled to a boundry.. 8> Harbhajan redemption.. taking part in wickets of Symmo and Hayden in both games.