Shikhar Dhawan Ruled out of the World Cup

Pant is not a like for like replacement. The middle order looks more clumsy now. I liked the idea of rahul at 4. Against good pace attack, he may be susceptible at the top. Also,he needs to go big now, 50s wont do. I would give chance to pant at least with afg, just to check... also I might get some stick, but we can think jadeja instead of kedar at 7, kedar is not getting chances anyway. We are woefully short of lefties,and jadeja plays well in eng. Dhoni must bat at 4 from now on unless we are 2 down near 40 over. I was and still a big fan of him, but he gives 0 assurance vibe now. Against a good pace attack, our batting may struggle.

Edited by SrinjayDutta

Big loss, Gabbbar is our big tournament beast esp ICC, I'd like to see Pant open and KL at 4. Rohit can hold one end while Pant can go big from 1st over... Right now none of teams have great bowling options to trouble opening batsmen unless it's a green wicket with overcast conditions. 

21 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

If Pant comes in , he has to be seperated from Pandya by a couple of spots depending how wickets fall. This way one guy can keep attacking.  Besides if they really wanted a batsman they would have gone with DK not Shankar. SO SHankar is backed for his bowling options.

Kohli rates Shankar's batting very highly. Pretty sure he backs Shankar for his batting abilities as much as he does for an additional bowling option

On 6/19/2019 at 8:14 AM, Captain of Bhangra said:

Horrific news. Glad to see Pant in the squad, as he should've been selected in the first place, but not happy about the cost. With Bhuvi out as well, we are lucky we have got most of our difficult games out of the way, and need to build some confidence now against these lesser sides to take into the knock-outs...

Daymn, look who was here on ICF.