What a boring World Cup

Stuge

Things have finally spiced up, once ICC realised flat pitches are killing competitive matches

Probably expect more slow pitches but also tailor some (I.e pattas) to ensure India and Eng reach semi finals

Edited by chewy
1 minute ago, chewy said:

Things have finally spiced up, once ICC realised flat pitches are killing competitive matches

Probably expect more slow pitches but also tailor some (I.e pattas) to ensure India and Eng reach semi finals

Slow pitches would be an issue for England more than India . English batsman are used to playing on roads ..So ,if there is anything for the bowler ,they feel wary .

I am unsure on what i want from SA vs PAK game. SA are anyways out if Pak wins then group stages could become really interesting or do i want the obvious and make tomorrow a fun-day by enjoying all the 'expert' analysis from across the border if they lose

Ironically, England now the only.top 4 at threat risk of not qualifying :lol:

ECB sure as hell will be pissed of after 4 years fine tuning to be a the perfect flat track bullies if Eng don't reach semis

Edited by chewy

World Cup should have similar knockout format as IPL imo - let first & 2nd placed teams play qualifier and 3rd & 4th placed teams play eliminator like how it's done in IPL...this will ensure that no matches are dead rubbers even if the top4 teams are decided much earlier...also rewards teams who have done well throughout the tournament.

2 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

3 teams gone already. Pak can join them as soon as Wednesday. SA next two matches will be dead rubbers 

I have a feeling New Zealand will lose :nervous:

NZ looked shaky against WI and BD .

Edited by Stuge

and one of the most boring world cup continues to snooze,

4 matches left and all more or less dead rubbers

even yesterday Eng v NZ game was a farce, where NZ played test cricket most of their innings

Rained off matches robbed the WC of tense finish to group stages:

Ind V NZ

WI v SA

Pak vs SL

Ban vs SL

And India win over NZ, would have made an interesting end to group stage with bought Pak, Ban and SL in the running depending on the outcome of the abandoned games

I hope ICC looks into avoiding this shambles next time and come up with a system to award a win rather than no play and sharing points

36 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Next few matches will decide who plays whom in the semisIt will

Don't see Australia losing to South Africa.

Most likely it will be Aus vs NZ and India vs England.

Edited by Stuge