U19 Tri Series in England

35 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Sameer Rizvi is supposed to be promising from what I read. He is only 15 and has been dismissed in single digits only once in his U19 career as per cricinfo. maybe the lad needs more chances.

Rizvi is a batsman, Reddy is an alrounder.  Both will have different roles.

Lost to BD again today, our bowlers went for leather hunt today could t defend 20 off 2. In the batting 1st down batsmen took leasurely time to make a 50 in a cut down chase, which probably lost 20-40 runs. This team is finding it hard!! This was possibly the best bowling combo as the other bowlers are anyways useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This U19 team definitely has some issues. Losing to BD means they need improvement. Good to see Qamran after a lean patch of 3 matches scored quick runs. We need to find another opener alongside him.  Pace attacks needs some firepower desperately if we have to compete with Pak & Australia in WC. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

This U19 team definitely has some issues. Losing to BD means they need improvement. Good to see Qamran after a lean patch of 3 matches scored quick runs. We need to find another opener alongside him.  Pace attacks needs some firepower desperately if we have to compete with Pak & Australia in WC. 

Previous u19 team as well had lost to BD in Asia cup in 2017.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Previous u19 team as well had lost to BD in Asia cup in 2017.

If u see that team even lost to Nepal..  No Shaw No Gill & not even Mavi or Nagarkoti. We unleashed them later. I hope we r going the same way as bowling attack is totally new for next series.  Many changes in batting too.  From this tri series & before that only Qamran & Priyam Garg look world class. 

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

Team for Asia cup is announced & wholesale changes done there too! Priyam Garg not selected, unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are giving chances to as many players and then will select best of them for WC.  They did the same for last time.  We would not have found Mavi without that as he was not in the original squad.

26 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

If u see that team even lost to Nepal..  No Shaw No Gill & not even Mavi or Nagarkoti. We unleashed them later. I hope we r going the same way as bowling attack is totally new for next series.  Many changes in batting too.  From this tri series & before that only Qamran & Priyam Garg look world class. 

There's one very good left arm seamer from Rajasthan who will be playing in the Asia cup.Apart from him there was one leg spinner from Vidharbha who had topped the charts in both 4 Day tournament and Vinoo Mankad trophy, that guy is nowhere to be seen.

The two IPL guys aren't there as well.Prabhas Ray is a decent leg spinner and other one was Rasikh who got banned.

Apart from Garg,look out for Tilak Verma that guy is a run machine but needs to work on his strike rate just like Jaiswal.

2 hours ago, Hisham said:

There's one very good left arm seamer from Rajasthan who will be playing in the Asia cup.Apart from him there was one leg spinner from Vidharbha who had topped the charts in both 4 Day tournament and Vinoo Mankad trophy, that guy is nowhere to be seen.

The two IPL guys aren't there as well.Prabhas Ray is a decent leg spinner and other one was Rasikh who got banned.

Apart from Garg,look out for Tilak Verma that guy is a run machine but needs to work on his strike rate just like Jaiswal.

Rohit Dattatray is the vidarbha leg spinner

15 minutes ago, Hisham said:

Isn't he eligible to play in the upcoming U19 WC?

He looked really good in the challenger trophy and performed much better than Bishnoi.

Hes eligible as birth date cut off is Sep 2000 I think but probably more of a longer format bowler

2 hours ago, Abhilash93 said:

Besides Prayas Ray Burman and Rohit Dattatraya, there's another spinner Ashok Sandhu whos played some FC cricket for Haryana

Is he the same guy who bowls left arm orthodox?

If he is the same guy then yeah from what I have seen of him he looks a really good prospect.

India right now are blessed with good young spinners but this batch doesn't have the quality in the pace department.