Will Any IPL team Hire Shastri?

Khota

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

He was the head but he cannot bat for Kohli.They won league phase which proves he was fine as a coach.

Winning at league phase and then dropping a game to a 3/4 loss team shows you are not coaching material.

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

Winning at league phase and then dropping a game to a 3/4 loss team shows you are not coaching material.

Are you kidding me.GSW won 73 in 2016 but lost in finals that too it was a seven game series.Patriots were 18-0 and lost in superbowl in 2008.Bill has won 6 super bowls.Upsets happen that is part of any sport.I blame Kohli more than the coach .Kohli the batsman should have been good enough to  score that low total.I gave benefit of doubt in CT finals but this is third match in ICC knockouts Kohli has laid an egg.

There is nothing any coach can do about that, only thing I blame him is Dhoni batting at no7 but who know wtf is going on with Dhoni, this guy is having such a hold on Indian cricket.Everyone from captain to  selectors are never tired of singing praises for this parasite.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Some 100s.........those are in Aus , ENG....shastri wanted to play dhawan n rohit who struggle to score a 50

In agarkar case we are talking about 1- 100 , at that logic we will never take anyone runs

5 100s in 35 test is not bad....among which 3 are overseas 

He has been backed when ??? only on england tour or when his form hit a serious low 

U wanna know backing look at the way ganguly backed guys like yuvi, zak , sehwag, bhajji or dhoni backed his players like rohit, jaddu for years 

thats called backing - this isnt backing when a split personality suffering kohli says in SL Rahul is to good a batsman to sit out n makes him bat at 4.....drops him after 3 game stating he is now backup opener and then makes him bat at 4 in Wc

u call this same 

Why cnt coach find balance when every resource is avl only problem is they cant stick with one combination

Who bought back TTF like karthik - captain n coach only 

Dearth of batting talent :hysterical:

its only lack of patinece the name ur taking pujara how long did it take him to get going overseas. Ur dissing Rahul who got 100s in his 1st Aus, ENG, WI tour whereas takig pujara xample who didnt get a single 100 in his 1st overseas tour of Aus, ENG, WI 

coaches cant transform but they can prep team well and have vision 

Gary was knwn to prep team at his best 

Mahela can be great strategically something captain badly needs

Tom moody again does well on vision front as seen his Work with SRH and SL team 

If KL Rahul is your example of talent then I don't need to have any discussion with you.Shastri is far better coach than he is given credit for, it is pity that he does not have batsmen including captain to back him.

Wtf with Gary Kirsten win except world cup, India was playing at home , What vision did he have , All he did was ride the most talented batting group India ever had and we all saw what wonderful team he left behind in 2011.0-8 no thanks, I will take Shastri,he has done more with far less caliber players.

Ganguly was long gone and he did not have anything to do with Zak becoming a good bowler after 2008.Zak stunk and was dropped and went to county cricket in 2006 which made him better bowler. I will take Kohli over Ganguly anyday and twice on sunday.

There is nothing wrong in rotating players, there is no set rule that player X has to play 50 matches in a row to become a a better player.There is no such player in this team who is an ATG player other than BUmrah and Kohli.All others are interchangable.There is no talent since Kohli took over has been given raw deal except Pant.

Giill and Shaw are very young to have any assessment on them.

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Wtf with Gary Kirsten win except world cup, India was playing at home , What vision did he have , All he did was ride the most talented batting group India ever had and we all saw what wonderful team he left behind in 2011.0-8 no thanks, I will take Shastri,he has done more with far less caliber players.

So its his mistake that Wc was at home, talking about easy why didnt shastri kohli combo won anything when teams around the world are struggling when it comes to quality 

Under gary we won In Nz and drew series in Sa.....under shastri we lost series in SA

U shud hear from gambhir,sehwag interview how gary use to prep them ...unliek shastri who had the audacity to take team in sA series with only one pratice session 

There is nothing wrong in rotating players, there is no set rule that player X has to play 50 matches in a row to become a a better player.There is no such player in this team who is an ATG player other than BUmrah and Kohli.All others are interchangable.There is no talent since Kohli took over has been given raw deal except Pant.

No their is no rule but u have to fix a player in

Under shastri-kohli pretty much everyone has come under doubt for their position even guys like Pujara as well 

Look around the World team how many Wc player does every team has still no one chops n changes like us and hence the result and underachievement in world tournaments . 

Giill and Shaw are very young to have any assessment on them

Shaw has already made runs ....age is an overrated thing

Look how they have handle vihari ....made runs in Eng dropped for failure like rohit n even made to open and such foolishness has no end 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So its his mistake that Wc was at home, talking about easy why didnt shastri kohli combo won anything when teams around the world are struggling when it comes to quality 

Under gary we won In Nz and drew series in Sa.....under shastri we lost series in SA

U shud hear from gambhir,sehwag interview how gary use to prep them ...unliek shastri who had the audacity to take team in sA series with only one pratice session 

No their is no rule but u have to fix a player in

Under shastri-kohli pretty much everyone has come under doubt for their position even guys like Pujara as well 

Look around the World team how many Wc player does every team has still no one chops n changes like us and hence the result and underachievement in world tournaments . 

Shaw has already made runs ....age is an overrated thing

Look how they have handle vihari ....made runs in Eng dropped for failure like rohit n even made to open and such foolishness has no end 

Winning again that putrid NZ team in 2008 is no accomplishment at all that too after fight to save that second test after having them 63/6 and allowed them to score 630 with your best battting lineup in your team's history .They were blown out in first test and barely saved the third test in SA.It was more bad luck and horrible openers which cost India series in SA and England.Indian team competed in all overseas test matches except couple.

Shastri and Kohli combo this was first ICC rodeo they won league phase.They won tests everywhere and won test series in Australia.They dominated all teams in odis  home and away what else do you need from a coach of flawed team.Shastri had to work with weakest Indian batting lineup.

Kirsten should get credit for world cup but I don't think he was any better than Shastri.I would take Shastri for what he has done overall.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Winning again that putrid NZ team in 2008 is no accomplishment at all that too after fight to save that second test after having them 63/6 and allowed them to score 630 with your best battting lineup in your team's history .They were blown out in first test and barely saved the third test in SA.It was more bad luck and horrible openers which cost India series in SA and England.Indian team competed in all overseas test matches except couple.

N the Aussies side we beat this time what gr8 side was that without their captain n warner

BTW the Same SA was beaten by SL at their home 

Shastri and Kohli combo this was first ICC rodeo they won league phase.

They won tests everywhere and won test series in Australia.They dominated all teams in odis  home and away what else do you need from a coach of flawed team.Shastri had to work with weakest Indian batting lineup.

With this team capability leagues is underachievement ......

In ODI bilateral stand no were ultimare prize is tournament which like even nidhas n asia cup has only some under rohit sharma not kohli 

Shastri was also coach in 2015 which we cudnt go past semi to 

Dnt worry under kohli we aint winning anything major.....if he goes to t20 Wc another upset awaits us 

SA, AUS werent good side when we beated them at their home.....eng is the good side which defeated us

We beat NZ in bilateral but whats the point when we cudnt beat them in Wc 

I dnt care about opp quality but dnt present the fact of they were weak then coz even now many sides we have beaten werent good specially Sa n Aus 

Kirsten should get credit for world cup but I don't think he was any better than Shastri.I would take Shastri for what he has done overall.

Kirsten use to prep team for tough series in Advance n shastri goes on Sa tour with one practice session after which he shud have been kicked 

Kirsten wrote a report blasting his player post 2010 t20 Wc debacle, shastri makes looses sound like some achievement 

18 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

N the Aussies side we beat this time what gr8 side was that without their captain n warner

BTW the Same SA was beaten by SL at their home 

With this team capability leagues is underachievement ......

In ODI bilateral stand no were ultimare prize is tournament which like even nidhas n asia cup has only some under rohit sharma not kohli 

Shastri was also coach in 2015 which we cudnt go past semi to 

Dnt worry under kohli we aint winning anything major.....if he goes to t20 Wc another upset awaits us 

SA, AUS werent good side when we beated them at their home.....eng is the good side which defeated us

We beat NZ in bilateral but whats the point when we cudnt beat them in Wc 

I dnt care about opp quality but dnt present the fact of they were weak then coz even now many sides we have beaten werent good specially Sa n Aus 

Kirsten use to prep team for tough series in Advance n shastri goes on Sa tour with one practice session after which he shud have been kicked 

Kirsten wrote a report blasting his player post 2010 t20 Wc debacle, shastri makes looses sound like some achievement 

I don't have to worry about anything, Kohli it is just matter of time he will win test series everywhere, world cup I don't know as I have lost confidence in Kohli the batsman.

What strong team you are talking, they had no batting after Dhawan's injury.It is Kohli who made this team strong with his bold bowling changes with inducting Kulcha .I don't have any problem with Kohli the captain.It is Kohli the batsman who is the problem in big spots.

How many tests did India win in NZ in 2008 again, they would have won 3-1 against Australia unlike Dhoni (who batted for ever ) Kohli tried to win that last match.This Australian team would have clean swept that NZ team, they had neither bowling or batting.

Gary Kirsten was the coach who just happened to be at right place.He worked hard in nets wow big deal, coach is more than just giving batting practice.Gary Kirsten had zero vision, atleast Shastri and Kohli took risks in trying to win test matches by playing extra bowler.

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

Are you kidding me.GSW won 73 in 2016 but lost in finals that too it was a seven game series.Patriots were 18-0 and lost in superbowl in 2008.Bill has won 6 super bowls.Upsets happen that is part of any sport.I blame Kohli more than the coach .Kohli the batsman should have been good enough to  score that low total.I gave benefit of doubt in CT finals but this is third match in ICC knockouts Kohli has laid an egg.

There is nothing any coach can do about that, only thing I blame him is Dhoni batting at no7 but who know wtf is going on with Dhoni, this guy is having such a hold on Indian cricket.Everyone from captain to  selectors are never tired of singing praises for this parasite.

You cite GSW and Patriots and then claim Shastri has nothing to do with it. Have you ever seen Belichik even smile? It is lot of continous hardwork behind the scenes. These guys routinely skip lunch and are at it for hrs. It was the job of coach to prepare the middle order and Shastri failed.

belichik and Kerr have been at it foe decades. What experience did Shastri had before he got selected. Like I said you don't get it.

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

I don't have to worry about anything, Kohli it is just matter of time he will win test series everywhere, world cup I don't know as I have lost confidence in Kohli the batsman.

If wc can only be won about with kohli the batsman then kohli shud immediately resign coz teams win u wc not single players. 

What strong team you are talking, they had no batting after Dhawan's injury.It is Kohli who made this team strong with his bold bowling changes with inducting Kulcha .I don't have any problem with Kohli the captain.It is Kohli the batsman who is the problem in big spots.

At one side ur bragging of bilateral win which alone didnt happen becoz of dhawan

We won in aus n dhoni was MOS....he was suppouse to be kohli go to guy.....poor choice by captain only

He backed. Jadhav for 2 yrs n dropped him in a matter of no time

Kulcha - kuldeep was also dropped

Its shows why kohlu sux as captain n he cant back anyone

He did have dhawan in CT yet didnt win it...

We had the team but u need captain to use resources .....look at nz had way lesser resources then us yet was led so well by williamson

How many tests did India win in NZ in 2008 again, they would have won 3-1 against Australia unlike Dhoni (who batted for ever ) Kohli tried to win that last match.This Australian team would have clean swept that NZ team, they had neither bowling or batting

A series win is a series win doesnt matter how many test...

Gary Kirsten was the coach who just happened to be at right place.He worked hard in nets wow big deal, coach is more than just giving batting practice.Gary Kirsten had zero vision, atleast Shastri and Kohli took risks in trying to win test matches by playing extra bowler.

Working hard in nets is coaches job.....

What vision did shastri have??? To go in one with practice session in a place like sa and go with no practice game in england. 

To tell players that their runs in tough condition dont matter and in the end they ll be dropped for failures like rohit n dhawan in test cricket

Extra bowler in test started under dhoni/fletcher only if u remebr we started playing binny, jadeja from england tour in 2014..... 

On 7/30/2019 at 11:57 AM, putrevus said:

Why are people blaming Shastri, the only selection mistake he made was, not playing Mayank.It is the batsmen Kohli and Dhoni were just not good enough.What can coach do when your best batsman cannot even reach double digit score in crunch matches.

Ravi Shastri had one chance to do something decent and he screwed it uo. The batting order in the match against NZ was terrible. Dhoni has to have gone earlier, especially considering how slowly he had played the rest of the tournament. 

The selectors got a lot of flak for their selections, but the truth is the captain and coach have a much bigger say. If you think this wasn’t Shastri and Kohli’s first choice team, you don’t think they would have been whining about it day and night?

The choice to keep out Pant from the initial squad, for example, was almost certainly a Kohli/Shastri decision. 

10 minutes ago, addicted4444 said:

Ravi Shastri had one chance to do something decent and he screwed it uo. The batting order in the match against NZ was terrible. Dhoni has to have gone earlier, especially considering how slowly he had played the rest of the tournament. 

Yup that was a huge blunder

Dhoni became a consolidator in last few years 

Dk became finisher even acc to team mngmt

So how come dk was send to consolidate and dhoni send in situation when rr was suppose to be picked up.

Whats hilarious is they also had dk n dhoni playing at no.4 in prep to wc but when situation was tough they send a youngster whom they didnt even pick in 1st place...

For all the aggresive talks they both turned out to be fattu. Dropping a wkt taker like shami for extra bit batting of bk was another fattu move...

The selectors got a lot of flak for their selections, but the truth is the captain and coach have a much bigger say. If you think this wasn’t Shastri and Kohli’s first choice team, you don’t think they would have been whining about it day and night?

The choice to keep out Pant from the initial squad, for example, was almost certainly a Kohli/Shastri decision. 

Biggest blunder is not giving exp to guys like rahul, pant n all....

Dhoni in 2012 cb series said - we need to give youngster 70-80 games before they go in wc.....here kohli took youngster by giving them under 10 games. Then he also dances like an idiot when pant gets out .....whose job was it to give him experience. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
8 hours ago, putrevus said:

Upsets happen, but this wasn’t an “upset”. 

India lost precisely the way people expected India to lose. The top 3 didn’t deliver, therefore India didn’t have the middle order batting to do anything. Fortunately, Jadeja who wasn’t backed by the captain/HC at all delivered big time and gave us a chance. But we lost because we never adapted to the flaws we learnt during the series. Specifically that Dhoni was not the Dhoni of 2011 and he needed to come up the order to stabilize the batting at a time we were losing wickets, and to shield the youngsters. 

India lost because the captain/HC combo simply didn’t have the ability to adjust their game plan based on what was happening the tournament. 

Also to compare basketball, where players like Lebron James don’t give 2 hoots about the regular season, and football, where the Patriots indeed lost 1 game out of 19 (a loss % of 5), while India lost 2 games out of 9 (loss % of 22, 4 times as much) is ridiculous. 

9 hours ago, addicted4444 said:

India lost precisely the way people expected India to lose. The top 3 didn’t deliver, therefore India didn’t have the middle order batting to do anything. Fortunately, Jadeja who wasn’t backed by the captain/HC at all delivered big time and gave us a chance. But we lost because we never adapted to the flaws we learnt during the series. Specifically that Dhoni was not the Dhoni of 2011 and he needed to come up the order to stabilize the batting at a time we were losing wickets, and to shield the youngsters. 

India lost because the captain/HC combo simply didn’t have the ability to adjust their game plan based on what was happening the tournament. 

Also to compare basketball, where players like Lebron James don’t give 2 hoots about the regular season, and football, where the Patriots indeed lost 1 game out of 19 (a loss % of 5), while India lost 2 games out of 9 (loss % of 22, 4 times as much) is ridiculous. 

Good points. Not only all of the above you lost to the same team 4 weeks back and make no adjustments. That is dumb.

10 hours ago, addicted4444 said:

That is utter nonsense.India did not have middle order since 2015 and we have not seen viable middle order options.Don't blame coach and captain for that,even today they don't have middle order.Unless some talent emerges I don't see any viable middle and lower middle order batsmen in the system.

India was going where their top three and bowlers took them.Once Dhawan got injured , it was upto Rohit and Kohli.Bowlers did their job.Kohli and Rohit flopped big time.Kohli is main cultprit as a batsman he has failed to deliver.It is easy to say TM failed to adapt, TM is not having magic to create new players.Where was/is new talent who could fill middle order roles.This lack of talent in middle and lower middle will haunt this team in next year T20 world cup too.

Why Dhoni was not promoted is only thing which needs to be answered.Dhoni looks like he has a hold on everyone including TM and selectors.

It was not due to lack of adjustment they lost, it is due to inability of Kohli and Rohit the batsmen to handle new ball which lost them the match.If Jadeja was not backed by TM he would not have made the team so stop this conspiracy theory .99% of people here wanted him out of the squad forget playing eleven.

Who said Lebron James does not give two hoots to regular season.He won four MVPs to prove otherwise. The point about Patriots  in a knockout match weaker teams on their day can cause upset.NZ themselves were victims of that in 1992.

Kohli the batsman failed Kohli the captain.There is nothing wrong with Kohli the captain or TM.To get this team so far with that flawed team is an achievement.I blame Kohli's batting more than anything for this loss, this guy flopped miserably in big spots.He has become like Arod great in regular season and stinking in post season.

Edited by putrevus