Misbah-ul-Haq has been named Pakistan’s head coach and chief selector and Waqar Younis as the bowling coach.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:59 PM, Shaz1 said:

India team is indeed way ahead of Pakistan today. You guys have put money in the right places to improve your cricket. Seeing fast bowlers emerging for your team is not shocking to me. 

Misbah being the longest captain is what destroyed our cricket. Under him we hardly went past 250 in ODI. He was only good in Test due to him having luxury of Ajmal, and Hafeez. UAE suited our batsmen cause we could play slow as a snail without worrying about fast bowling. Became number 1 Test team for a week and lost it due to India messing up more than us earning it. The dude has no experience in coaching a international team. He is coming in by being a chief selector and head coach. With a new domestic structure. So much pressure on a new guy just cause he's educated. This is asking for a failure.

shaz bhai..i dont know Pak cricket much but Yes at a high level , i feel PAK batsman do not know how to build their Innings and Misbah, inzamam ul haq , saeed anwar, babbar and a few more batsman are exceptions and if they are involved in building your cricket team as COACh. it should help your talented batsman who have the Skill set to Mess Up their Innings after scoring a good 25 and then getting OUT, where as Our DHAWAN, ROHIT, KOHLI , PUJARA and even rahane and Vihari now a days , Dont get OUT easily with out scoring big if they score the first 20 runs.

i see it more as APPLICATION and temperament issue, as earlier your batting was as good as Our batting But Today if we get to play a TEST against PAK , we could finish test matches in 3.5 days and win all tests. 

Even your bowlers are not  showing Spark and Pace.

i still think , misbah and waqar could help Pak cricket team.

India team is indeed way ahead of Pakistan today. You guys have put money in the right places to improve your cricket. Seeing fast bowlers emerging for your team is not shocking to me. 

Yes but it didnt happen overnight ...it takes years n lot of contribution. It started with ganguly and we didnt become world champion under him it took years to get most things right...so pakistan also will have to keep patience as result wont come straight away it can take even a decade ore more.  As of now pakistan cricket is very low so it ll take time. Good thing is atleast sincere ppl are been given job and changes are being made. 100% result wont come straight away. Many changes may not even work. Our fast bowling culture was helped by ipl but it didnt happen startight away it took yrs n yrs. 

Misbah being the longest captain is what destroyed our cricket.

Actually thats what brought stability ....in a mess if someone even brings calm that a huge thing as then only next batch can build on it

Under him we hardly went past 250 in ODI.

What was his fault....pak didnt have batsman only. 

He was only good in Test due to him having luxury of Ajmal, and Hafeez. UAE suited our batsmen cause we could play slow as a snail without worrying about fast bowling.

Which now they are even struggling in uae to win. Pak doesnt have side to win overseas....be realistic.

A captain is as good as team. 

Still pak drew series in england....our team lost it. 

Became number 1 Test team for a week and lost it due to India messing up more than us earning it. The dude has no experience in coaching a international team. He is coming in by being a chief selector and head coach. With a new domestic structure. So much pressure on a new guy just cause he's educated. This is asking for a failure.

Ppl said the same regd dhoni when he became captain that how will he keep n captain....it will be to much pressure n history suggested their werent many keeper captains 

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I never claimed you guys became overnight sensations. I only talked about the current India. Pakistan and India are in a two different ball park. You guys are literally the world power in cricket right now.

We needed stability during his tenure but I felt it lasted too long. Misbah is not capable of creating players who could play for the next 10 years. In fact his team heavily relied on him which was bad.

every tenure feels like that

Ganguly , dhoni tenure at end felt same .....kohli has already started to 

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Pakistan didn’t have batsmen? Do you mean to tell me every other batsmen in the team was ment to be a tailender? Pakistan did have batsmen its just Misbah chose to go for experience over talent hence why we got a team of tried and tested failures. When you have guys like Hafeez, Kamran Akmal, and Shoaib Malik in your team you got no batsmen. Misbah batted like he was batting with the tail, shows how much belief he had in his batsmen.

the quality of batsman isnt that high thats what i meant

Was watching one rashid latif video and he rightly pointed out most of these batsman are one sided player, they have s/r issue

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

We got better batsmen now in our team. The new bunch we have I have confidence in. They look like they want to score runs. Imam, Babar and Haris are shining lights of this team.

they are good but then again a lot depend on their progress, in reality apart from babar no one wud come in top 10 batsman of world ......which is why expectation needs to be low. 

23 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

. Ganguly made your team, added the fighting spirit to it by giving it a vision. Dhoni took that team Ganguly made and got you guys World titles. Kohli gave confidence to your fast bowlers. He showcased the best use of fast bowlers which is why your bowlers have this self belief. In comparison Misbah’s achievements mean null.

You can't give a man a wooden sword and ask him to become "Sikander" with it.  Ganguly, Dhoni, Virat all of them have world class Indian batsmen and bowlers.  Pakistan? Not so much.  Relative to the resources available to him, Misbah did very well as captain.  Man saved your Ijjat, umpteen times. But if you have delusions of being an elite cricket team, and choose to blame your captain for the sub-par results, that's your prerogative.  

17 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Misbah saved our ijjat, he did not win us ICC tournaments nor did he leave a batsmen behind to keep our team at bay. There is no delusion here. I know very well we are no world beaters. Despite not being world beaters we still remain competitive even if we lost our home ground. I am not saying we would have been a elite team I am saying we would have had more players with more potential to grow if the captain tried to get off his mindset that experience is everything.

It is not the captain's job to "leave" players.  Its his job to deliver the best possible results with the team he ha available.  Misbah did that.  

There is this absurd theory that Captains somehow make future players.  Its the cricket systems, selectors, and domestic teams that produce players.  Captains only provide the platform for the individual talent to execute.  And to be honest, Pakistan has been sorely lacking in the talent front.  The fact that a banned match-fixer was desperately welcomed back into the fray as the great savior hope that he never was, and the fact that the likes of Mohammed Hafeez played in the team as top order "batsman" says it all.  None of that is Misbah's fault or responsibility - he merely played the cards he was dealt.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm no Misbah-lover.  He had his share of flaws and limitations as captain, even as player.  But considering the other alternatives, he was the pick of the litter.  Its simple as that.  

20 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

A captain takes responsibility for his own team. If I cannot blame the captain who am I supposed to blame?

Blame your board, for being corrupt, inefficient lazy bums who chose to sit around in their jaagirs and did nothing to keep the domestic systems healthy.  To be fair, PCB under Sethi, and even the current lot, are at least trying to do something.  PCB from late 90s to early 2010s did fkk-all.  They bought into the delusion that Pakistan has an endless supply of "talent", and fell asleep at the wheel, while the rest of the cricket world left them in the past.

Pakistan in the 1990s was an elite team because they still had players who developed their game in county cricket, and they had first-movers advantage in their knowledge of reverse swing, how to bowl it, how to bat against it.  Other teams were ignorant about it.  

Eventually rest of the world also caught on, and now its part of all teams' toolkit.  With that advantage nullified, Pakistan's glaring weakness of having an absolute disaster of a domestic set-up, one starved of funding by corrupt thieves,  exposed the team to their inevitable fate as a shyyyte team.  Misbah only delayed the slide by somehow managing to win a few games at home.  If anything, Pakistani fans should be grateful to him for that.  

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

Misbah was a good choice after the spot fixing saga. However after we had few years of him we should have gotten a new captain in order to take the team forward to garner results. We didn’t, we sticked to him till he dried out.

Who was worthy of being Captain at that time?  There was no real alternative to Misbah, was there.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

Guys like Azhar and Asad regressed after Misbah and Younis retired. Leaving Pakistan nothing much to work with.

How is that Misbah's fault or responsibility if other players do not step up and improve in spite of having the benefit of being around senior batsmen during their initial years? 

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

However none of that excuses Misbah’s lack of foresight for better talent. As a captain his mouth was not taped, he could have recommended different players to try out.

Again, which talented shoooper isshtar was on the bench or in Pakistan's domestic cricket, that wasn't given a chance by Misbah due to his "lack of foresight"?  You guys don't have players, it is what it is.  And its not the players fault, their system and resources are letting them down and preventing them from developing.  

14 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

When a talent comes to international cricket its a chance taken by the selectors, captain and coaching staff. It depends on the player to improve to show what he's worth. Problem is the players he had did not have the mindset to improve there game. Once they got to the team they thought they had made it. A lot of this is political.

Again, all of this are institutional and cultural problems that plague pak cricket for decades, and cannot be blamed on one guy.

Anyway, I have made my point, and I don't think Misbah is some magical silver bullet guy either.  But I do see him unfairly and wrongly blamed by a lot of Pakistani cricket fans, simply because he was captain of a shyyte team.  Ignoring the fact that the shhytte team actually over-achieved under him.