Walking in Melbourne, Yarra River

OzGirl

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You mean just like how Aussies we’re leaving Australia when they could up to the 1950s,when your country was poor ??

Aussies who live in Vancouver are pretty patriotic about Oz. So why the different metric for us ?? 

We leave for the same reason everyone leaves their country: for $$. Just like the Aussies 60-70 years ago.

Say that to the expat Aussies then who are also fake proud according to you.

Natural. Everyone has a special place in their heart for the land of their birth. Also your nations problems don’t compare to ours. You guys literally stole a barren continent and until literally 20 years ago we’re less civilized than most developing world nations in terms of treatment of the natives. Plus your problems are that of 25 million people living in a resource rich continent, not that of 1/6th of entire humanity. 

Well I think this thread has gone off the rails, I stared this thread to post videos about Australia on here, not to start a argument, was never my intent.

Some posters on here have been trying to insult me and that is their right, if you guys want me to stop posting videos about Australia on here then I will, and I will say sorry if I have insulted anyone or hurt anyone's feelings.

Edited by OzGirl

4 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

Well I think this thread has gone off the rails, I stared this thread to post videos about Australia on here, not to start a argument, was never my intent.

Some posters on here have been trying to insult me and that is their right, if you guys want me to stop posting videos about Australia on here then I will, and I will say sorry if I have insulted anyone or hurt anyone's feelings.

You were the first to throw mud at India, we are returning the favour with actual facts

24 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You were the first to throw mud at India, we are returning the favour with actual facts

And I stand by what I said, if India was so wonderful why are a lot of Indians jumping ship?

Like I have said I have asked Indians here in Australia why are they living in Australia if India is such a great country, not received one answer yet. but I know why they are here.

Just like most of the people posting on this forum, some live in the USA, UK, Europe, Australia, NZ etc, and the ones living in India all want to jump ship.

30 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

And I stand by what I said, if India was so wonderful why are a lot of Indians jumping ship?

Because it’s poor. Just like your people jumped ship when Aus was poor and will do so again if it becomes poor.

30 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

Like I have said I have asked Indians here in Australia why are they living in Australia if India is such a great country, not received one answer yet. but I know why they are here.

Why ? Are you saying that a poor country cannot be a great country ?

2 hours ago, OzGirl said:

Lady you are doing just fine and you have the same rights on this forum as anyone else. Please feel comfortable posting as us desis(locals) consider you as our sister.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Because it’s poor. Just like your people jumped ship when Aus was poor and will do so again if it becomes poor.

Why ? Are you saying that a poor country cannot be a great country ?

My people? Do you know what my country of origin is?

Edited by OzGirl

31 minutes ago, Khota said:

@OzGirl what is your staple diet? What is your go to food and your comfort food in Australia? Your favorite beverage tea or coffee? Do you eat kangaroo meat? Lot of curiosity on this end. I am personally a rice and beans/lentils guy. 

Well that's a hard question, living in Australia we have food from every country, 

But I like Japanese, Sri Lankan, love the old barbie, Italian, Greek etc. Love the old snag on the barbie, well you made me think, I guess I love all food.

My comfort food has to be Tim Tams and ice cream.

4 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

Well that's a hard question, living in Australia we have food from every country, 

But I like Japanese, Sri Lankan, love the old barbie, Italian, Greek etc. Love the old snag on the barbie, well you made me think, I guess I love all food.

My comfort food has to be Tim Tams and ice cream.

What is barbie and Tim Tams? Ice cream I understand.

7 hours ago, MechEng said:

You answered your question. It becomes a forced activity if they have to objectify themselves in order to pay college tuition, because they cannot find an alternative job where they don't have to objectify themselves. It displays flaw in the system itself.

They can find aternative jobs.

They my not pay as much, or may not be at convenient times.

Not everyone is opposed to objectifying themselves.

If you look at insta ....a lot of people seem to find pleasure in doing so.

That is not what forced activity is if they are doing it themselves for money.

A lot of people get up everyday to work at jobs they hate,just to earn money.

We can say the same to them....why are they forced to do the job they don't like.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

What is barbie and Tim Tams? Ice cream I understand.

Barbie is a BBQ and Tim Tams are like biscuits, they are two malted biscuits, with a light chocolate cream filling and coated in a thin layer of textured chocolate.

You can have a Tim Tam bong, you  just bite of the edges on both sides of the biscuit and dip it in tea and suck the tea through, that is heaven.

3 hours ago, OzGirl said:

That was not your sole reason.

The other reason was to put India and Indians down like always.

India and Indians have lots of problems and we know them and are willing to discuss it here with people who really  wants to discuss.

It is difficult to take some one seriously who probably hasn't made many posts on icf that are not aimed at thumbing down Indians.

You want to be taken seriously?...then post like that.

If not.....you can continue posting like you do,without breaking forum rules.

As for visiting India alone....don't do that. It is not safe . Not worth the trouble .

Edited by beetle

8 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

Barbie is a BBQ and Tim Tams are like biscuits, they are two malted biscuits, with a light chocolate cream filling and coated in a thin layer of textured chocolate.

You can have a Tim Tam bong, you  just bite of the edges on both sides of the biscuit and dip it in tea and suck the tea through, that is heaven.

I will have to try Tim tams but I am not a cookie type of person.

What do you typically BBQ, beef, chicken, pork? Over charcoal or gas grill. Do you smoke meats also?

12 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

So you are not a born Aussie ? If you are, then your people = Australians. If not, then you win the hypocrite of the year award of ICF

I wanted to know because Indians seem to think all white people are the same.

My parents were born in Greece, I am Aussie, my sister is Aussie.

13 minutes ago, Khota said:

I will have to try Tim tams but I am not a cookie type of person.

What do you typically BBQ, beef, chicken, pork? Over charcoal or gas grill. Do you smoke meats also?

A BBQ can be over coals, or gas, typically when we BBQ a pig we BBQ it over coals.

You can BBQ anything, seafood, beef, chicken etc.