Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Exactly !

Archer was averaging high 130s in many tests.

Bowling in t20 and odi is one thing. Tests is a whole different ball game. We just need bowlers who are fast medium but are able to crank it up in spells when needed. That's all. Like what booms and shami do. 

You have to be a complete retard ro bowl 146 plus in tests consistently. You won't survive. 

Wood does it for like a 2 over spell and then gasses out. He gets injured after. If that's the case even current umesh can do that. Umesh at his best was express pace and he maintained pace for the whole series unlike modern players. 

Show me one bowler who bowls 148 plus consistently in tests without breaking breaking down. 

Fastest on average is nortje and he averages 142. Also starc. 142. 

Bumrah is 138-139. Barely any difference. 

We have umran right now who can bowl 150 plus. Let's hope he does so in tests. 
Where did i mention tests?

This thread is full of false hype with most bowlers not even making to the IPL let alone India A.

Eye Speed guns being used to call bowlers "quick"

India doesn't have a bowler who can run in and bowl 150ks consistently in a spell.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

This thread is full of false hype with most bowlers not even making to the IPL let alone India A.

India doesn't have a bowler who can run in and bowl 150ks consistently in a spell.

Vo to kisi ke paas bhi nahi hai.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Most of these are IPL finds, some recently talked about were IPL net bowlers this year and may get picked this time. Likes of Nikhil Kohli, Akash Madhwal, Ajoy Sarkar, etc 

8 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Let's talk odi. forget about tests. Because bumrah is up there amongst the fastest in tests. He averages 139. Nortje is the fastest at 142. 

In odi?

Tell me who is the fastest ? I mean not a one off. Who is consistently the fastest? 

Lockie and maybe starc?

Average speed for both is 143 at best. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Nortje Wood Archer Starc Ferguson etc can all bowl close to 150 or more across a spell consistently.

There are others who can clock consistently between 145 to 150 across a spell.

Nortje, Wood, Ferguson all played IPl but an bowled the quickest.

Most of these are IPL finds, some recently talked about were IPL net bowlers this year and may get picked this time. Likes of Nikhil Kohli, Akash Madhwal, Ajoy Sarkar, etc 
Let them be picked and play in the IPL. We will see their speeds then.

Right now except Umran Malik who some experts are hoping will bowl 145 plus mostly and may touch 150k once in a while, there is no other resource.

Btw Mavi hardly hit 140ks in IPL. Nagarkoti didn't even get a game. Prasidh was flop. :))

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Nortje Wood Archer Starc Ferguson etc can all bowl close to 150 or more across a spell consistently.

There are others who can clock consistently between 145 to 150 across a spell.

And how many games do they play? Lockie gets injured every second game. 

Starc dint touch 150 much this time. 

Archer is usually flattened after one series. 

Wood another injury prone player. 

Nortje is the only one. He can crank it up in odi sure. But his average speed is still only 143. 

Bowling a few bowls at 150 ans then going back down to 138 isn't express. 

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Let them be picked and play in the IPL. We will see their speeds then.

Right now except Umran Malik who some experts are hoping will bowl 145 plus mostly and may touch 150k once in a while, there is no other resource.

Btw Mavi hardly hit 140ks in IPL. Nagarkoti didn't even get a game. Prasidh was flop. :))

You don't need speed guns to know someone is quick. I knew Kartik, Koti and Mavi were quick even before they were clocked under speed guns. Mavi coming back from 2 years of injury lay off is doing fine. Someone coming after two years and immediately hitting 140s is decent enough return that too in pandemic when they could hardly play or practice. 

You don't need speed guns to know someone is quick. I knew Kartik, Koti and Mavi were quick even before they were clocked under speed guns. Mavi coming back from 2 years of injury lay off is doing fine. Someone coming after two years and immediately hitting 140s is decent enough return that too in pandemic when they could hardly play or practice. 
Arey bhai you are Brahma Dev of fast bowlers. You know their speeds from the moment their mothers deliver them.