Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Yep.

My initial thought was he looks the future Chahar/Bhuvneshwari in making. Chahar had a similar video doing the rounds 10 years ago.

Which ties into my larger point that at this level it's not wise to pick players purely from a performance point of view. This Vijay Yadav simply does not have the ceiling that a Badiani/Rahul Kumar do and it'll be on show 5 years from now - regardless of how comprehensively he outperforms those two.

Badiani/Rahul Kumar may have slipped performance wise but I don't too many quicks around who look as promising on a 5-7 year horizon. Aussie set up recognizes this bald fact about quicks and therefore obsessively works to identify and groom such talents without caring about current performances across a handful of matches. Something we direly need to import and copy ourselves.

We should build a pool of pacers who are 145 kph+ if they are seniors and 140 kph+ if they are U19 ...  and preferably 5'11" + in terms of height and have the ability to hit the deck hard and get bounce.

OR 

Pacers who are 6'4"+ in terms of height and get steep bounce at sharp enough pace

Performances should be gauged only among this pool and the best of the lot selected.

And even if they are not performing, they should be guided properly and kept in the radar. Like Rahul Kumar and Badiani.

Too many short medium pacers are seeping through and they will never become top wicket takers at international level. BUT will block important slots that could have gone to proper pacers.

Edited by express bowling

https://www.bcci.tv/domestic/33247/challenger-trophy-mens-under-19-one-day-limited-overs-2021-22/stats/best-economy

Economy rates.

Among the decent prospects, Vasu Vats has the best ER and Badiani and Ayush Thakur the worst. Both top wicket takers Garv Sangwan and Dhanush Gowda have been good too. Both may get picked for Asia Cup. I would also like BCCI to have a quad series including India A and B with SL and BD.

9 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

His deliveries have a floating quality.

Deepak Chahar had a viral video of his hattrick and 10 wicket haul about 10 years ago. Without any exaggeration, he looked about 10 times as skilled than Vijay Yadav in the video above.

And I am happy for Deepak Chahar because he has actually gone on to fulfill his potential and reached his ceiling. But his ceiling is not good enough for tests. Can you see Deepak Chahar succeed in tests? He barely hacks it at Ranji level. That's the job of selectors at U19 level today. To have the eye to spot bowlers who can be sub-30 averaging quicks in all conditions in tests.

If you closely look at every ball in this video, you will find that he is floating only when he is trying to swing the ball and he is looking much quicker than Chahar was 12 years back. He is bending his back too. pitching the ball up doesn't mean just floating. He is in fact reminding me of Nagarkoti, bit taller and more skilled. Pre worldcup, Nagarkoti looked same. Similar type of action too. Even his team mates call him Nagarkoti.

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

https://www.bcci.tv/domestic/33247/challenger-trophy-mens-under-19-one-day-limited-overs-2021-22/stats/best-economy

Economy rates.

Among the decent prospects, Vasu Vats has the best ER and Badiani and Ayush Thakur the worst. Both top wicket takers Garv Sangwan and Dhanush Gowda have been good too. Both may get picked for Asia Cup. I would also like BCCI to have a quad series including India A and B with SL and BD.

Bowling averages

Ayush Thakur. 16.4

Vasu Vats.       19.6

Both have done well and among the top 5 among pacers.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Bowling averages

Ayush Thakur. 16.4

Vasu Vats.       19.6

Both have done well and among the top 5 among pacers.

Look at his ER of 6.43. hope he doesn't turn out to be another Aaron. He to me seems like a slinger and can be very quick in future.

Screenshot_2021-11-14-19-08-06-68.jpg

Edited by rkt.india