ICC to consider mandatory four-day Tests

Stan AF

The most difficult parts of batting are ... deciding and executing properly which balls to play and which balls to leave when the ball is moving or bouncing at pace from pacers ... or playing spinners on turning tracks.

And both these things are found with far more regularity and frequency in test matches.

Edited by express bowling
25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

only if ur in assumption that ball doesnt move

but in test cricket ball moves and its tough to handle moving ball

its not about blocking or hitting, its about handling moving ball.....but how cud u understand without watching it . Find me a cricketer who says t20 is the tougher then test cricket

Let me simplify it down to your level, is it easy to block a ball or dispatch it to boundary for the same movement etc.

22 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The most difficult parts of batting are ... deciding and executing properly which balls to play and which balls to leave when the ball is moving or bouncing at pace from pacers ... or playing spinners on turning tracks.

And both these things are found with far more regularity and frequency in test matches.

It is lot more difficult if you have to hitthe ball everytime irrespective of the fact how good it is. There is no playing defense in tonty tonty.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Let me simplify it down to your level, is it easy to block a ball or dispatch it to boundary for the same movement etc.

dude it's sometimes easier to play an attacking stroke than defend the ball in test cricket. Problem is deciding which one to attack and which one to defend/leave. That's the skill- such a test of your decision making/technique under pressure. As evidenced by Rohit's struggles in last test tour to South Africa- there's a bit more than blocking involved; think how talented/gifted he is and how amateur he was made to look. 

McGrath to Cook at 0:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2bkfyrOEQ

now you tell me, is it easier to attack defend or leave that ball. These guys only get a split second to decide. 

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

dude it's sometimes easier to play an attacking stroke than defend the ball in test cricket. Problem is deciding which one to attack and which one to defend/leave. That's the skill- such a test of your decision making/technique under pressure. As evidenced by Rohit's struggles in last test tour to South Africa- there's a bit more than blocking involved; think how talented/gifted he is and how amateur he was made to look. 

McGrath to Cook at 0:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2bkfyrOEQ

now you tell me, is it easier to attack defend or leave that ball. These guys only get a split second to decide. 

Dude let me explain, in tests you have a choice (a) defend (b) attack (c) leave alone.

In tonty tonty you have (a) attack (b) attack (c) attack

So what is more diificult?

20 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dude let me explain, in tests you have a choice (a) defend (b) attack (c) leave alone.

In tonty tonty you have (a) attack (b) attack (c) attack

So what is more diificult?

let me explain whats diff for ur dumb head 

In test ball moves differently throught test 

so u hve to decide -

• how to play when its seaming n swinging
  • How to play when it reverse swings
  • how to play when its flat
  • how to play when it turns sharply
  • How to play in 4th innings 

Constant adaptation

This is the reason guys like raina, dhawan, yuvi failed in test cricket

In LOI- 90% of its just flat - so u can block n hit straight ball most days

n fact check no one attacks every ball in t20 cricket 

51 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

no i read it pretty right that ur saying hitting n blocking a moving ball is similar to straight ball which is why u dont understand format diff

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Reading comprehension needs help. Lot of it.  I would love to help you but I have time restrictions etc. Why don't you get a tuition or something.

44 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

let me explain whats diff for ur dumb head 

In test ball moves differently throught test 

so u hve to decide -

• how to play when its seaming n swinging
  • How to play when it reverse swings
  • how to play when its flat
  • how to play when it turns sharply
  • How to play in 4th innings 

Constant adaptation

This is the reason guys like raina, dhawan, yuvi failed in test cricket

In LOI- 90% of its just flat - so u can block n hit straight ball most days

n fact check no one attacks every ball in t20 cricket 

There is no 5th day battered pitch but there is a juiced up pitch everyday.

All the simple stuff goes on in tonty tonty also.

Hitting in T20 is much more difficult. Much more.

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

There is no 5th day battered pitch but there is a juiced up pitch everyday.

Its flat deck 9 out of 10, gosh u dnt even watch t20 now

All the simple stuff goes on in tonty tonty also.

Hitting in T20 is much more difficult. Much more.

Which is why players like kallis , dravid still ended up playing n doing well in t20 franchise and guys like raina never succeded in test cricket

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Its flat deck 9 out of 10, gosh u dnt even watch t20 now

Which is why players like kallis , dravid still ended up playing n doing well in t20 franchise and guys like raina never succeded in test cricket

We can say the same of Pujara.

15 minutes ago, Khota said:

We can say the same of Pujara.

Pujara n few are very very very few examples if i start giving t20 failure examples in test the list wont end ....many cant dont even come on radar of test sides.  Take recent examples of jason roy n aaron finch . Guys like pollard or russell arent even on test radar. 

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pujara n few are very very very few examples if i start giving t20 failure examples in test the list wont end ....many cant dont even come on radar of test sides.  Take recent examples of jason roy n aaron finch . Guys like pollard or russell arent even on test radar. 

That’s an excellent point- it’s only test players eg mike hussey that come on t20 radar. David Warner aside has there ever been a successful transition from t20 to tests? 

2 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

That’s an excellent point- it’s only test players eg mike hussey that come on t20 radar. David Warner aside has there ever been a successful transition from t20 to tests? 

Cant recall any other.

Even someone like rahane has done well for his IPL franchises. Amla also i remember did well for KXIP for the short season he got

i think much  better idea would be to reduce the gap between  two back to back tests.If the reason  of the ICC w.r.t  mandatory 4 day tests  is that lots of tests ends with in 4 days, then  it would be more practical to reduce the currently alloted  standard gap between  back to back tests by a day.

16 hours ago, Khota said:

It is lot more difficult if you have to hitthe ball everytime irrespective of the fact how good it is. There is no playing defense in tonty tonty.

If that were the case then Pollard, with a SR of 146.8  in the IPL ( meaning he manages to hit the ball successfully with good frequency )  would been considered a better batsman than Tendulkar, with a SR of 119.8 in the IPL.

But is that the case ?

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

If that were the case then Pollard, with a SR of 146.8  in the IPL ( meaning he manages to hit the ball successfully with good frequency )  would been considered a better batsman than Tendulkar, with a SR of 119.8 in the IPL.

But is that the case ?

No that is not the case at all. Tendulkar was a generation before 20/20 and he had lot of patience to bat. There is no room for patience in the exciting format.

14 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

i think much  better idea would be to reduce the gap between  two back to back tests.If the reason  of the ICC w.r.t  mandatory 4 day tests  is that lots of tests ends with in 4 days, then  it would be more practical to reduce the currently alloted  standard gap between  back to back tests by a day.

The rest is a must for fast bowlers to recoup.Fast bowlers are blood line for test cricket.Making them bowl more overs in a day is as stupid as it gets, you will see more and more injuries.

4 day test cricket is very bad thing for fast bowlers.

Edited by putrevus