Saha 0 Pant 7, who should play?

5 hours ago, zen said:

Pant did score 100s in Eng and Aus

Lets be honest, with the way India destroyed teams in Test Cricket in India, Pant would also have centuries in India if he was picked in the team. Kohli again is the one responsible here for screwing Pant.

Its very very rare for an Indian cricketer to score multiple centuries overseas in SENA and NOT in India.

3 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

:hysterical: Think he stood up in 2003 SF aswell how did that end up ? Only thing that happened was choke in both finals. Can't handle the big stage. 

Poor snowflake can't even defend that choke that you started swearing and your usual nonsense! Getting so defensive :cantstop:

And? What happened in 87, 92, 99, 2007? Dhoni would have gone home with the same lota we did in those years if other players had not stood up at various stages 

I love how you talk about snowflakes when your entire post history is a whine for attention and love you never get 

2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Nevermind the batting, I don't see very many posts discussing his keeping. Does that mean he was competent and tidy behind the stumps? I have only watched few bits of Indian batting this test so far. People who've watched him this test please chime in.

He caught a couple of decent catches down the leg. Anyone who saw his previous overseas tour know he was great behind the stumps in those series. Not to mention that if he had even left of some byes, you would have seen 10 articles on it

58 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Nevermind the batting, I don't see very many posts discussing his keeping. Does that mean he was competent and tidy behind the stumps? I have only watched few bits of Indian batting this test so far. People who've watched him this test please chime in.

he did well....even his feet movement against both pace and spin, although not at Saha level who is more lithe and acrobatic, is far better than many keepers we have seen play for India in last 2 decades - Parthiv, DK, Dhoni.

The way Pant was put under pressure by TM and crowds in LOIs last year was absolute cringe - thats the only time I have seen the guy really falter on occasion. Otherwise hes what I would call a safe keeper.His batting, although it has rough edges, is superior in tests to any WK-bat who has played for India, including dhoni. Apart from 2 hundreds in SENA - the one in Sydney actually set up a test match win for us, before rain washed out the last day to save Aussies - he also has 2 90s against Windies in tests. So it was criminal decision to drop him for home tests - tough luck for Saha, but these SENA tours is all that really matters in tests for India, given our absolute dominance at home.

9 hours ago, New guy said:

And? What happened in 87, 92, 99, 2007? Dhoni would have gone home with the same lota we did in those years if other players had not stood up at various stages 

I love how you talk about snowflakes when your entire post history is a whine for attention and love you never get 

Yes you are right even in 87 92 07 he didn't win a WC lol. That's sad isn't it ? All those years still needing Dhoni's help to get that 1 WC that he had to say "Dhoni is the best captain, he played under" 

ha ha you are a big deal that I need attention from you :hysterical: