Any Adrenalin Lovers here?

EnterTheVoid

Just now, Muloghonto said:

So you wanna be a commercial pilot ? 

Not commercial as in pilots who fly commercial airlines. Unless you are a Captain or First Officer of the wide bodied planes (777/380s) on the international long haul flights, there is no real money in being a pilot.

The commercial license allows you to fly charter flights, scenic flights. Can work for Air Ambulances etc. I rather go down that job. Keep my day job as Engineer and earn some money on the side.

2 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Not commercial as in pilots who fly commercial airlines. Unless you are a Captain or First Officer of the wide bodied planes (777/380s) on the international long haul flights, there is no real money in being a pilot.

The commercial license allows you to fly charter flights, scenic flights. Can work for Air Ambulances etc. I rather go down that job. Keep my day job as Engineer and earn some money on the side.

There are way way better and cheaper ways to make side income than a commercial piloting license.  Glad to say that my kids aren’t growing up with this level of wasteful self indulgence as a goal.

2 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Love of flying comes first.

You wouldn't get it, that's OK. 

If I didn’t get it, I wouldn’t have been skydiving and flying cessnas before your nuts dropped, kid.

some of us don’t waste money on such frivolous persuits when there are a million more cost effective ways to have fun and contribute to society than wasteful flying license or dropping 100k on an old restored ford model T. 

You wont get it either.. at least not yet 

Just now, EnterTheVoid said:

That's great.

I'll do with my hard earned money what I please. Don't need your useless and unsolicited advice. 

Not advice: judgement. It’s your money to waste and spend on the mememe culture and it’s my prerogative to judge it as a frivolous wasteful self obsessed behaviour. Consistent with the idea of giving tourism $$ to the arch enemy nation of the country of your parents origin and cultural motherland 

1 minute ago, EnterTheVoid said:

<ignore>

Other adrenaline loving friends, please contribute/share. 

The more travel stories, the better!

Yeah because more travel stories are clearly more important than not helping the economy of a nation that is waging war against your nation of origin. More evidence of memememe culture 

48 minutes ago, velu said:

i can live with the fear than doing bungee jumping or sky diving :(( 

I am afraid of heights but I developed it somewhere in the 12-15 range while being a kid who grew up ‘climbing over every brick wall in my area running around like crazy’.

So I mostly push through it and find ways to compose myself when the serious bout of vertigo hits while hiking for eg in hilly areas.

i found skydiving was a bit scary but once off the plane, it felt exhilarating and composed coz the ground was just an abstract colour and pixel maze and I got used to falling before making up shapes below me as easily. 

With bungee it’s too real and too close all the time and it’s like one side of me is going ‘stfu u can feel this elephant sized rope around you’ while the brain is going ‘ omg omg omg falling dying falling dying’

13 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Standing on the ledge is the hardest part.

The longer you stay, the harder it gets. The key to these type of activities is to not hesitate. 

A clean jump is the key. In a hesitant jump, you flop around all over the place. 

Notice how I jumped off. And how I didn't step off the ledge. 

Sri, I didn't even get to the ledge!

All in all, it was a very embarrassing affair. Bungee jumping was one of the reasons we made the trip in the first place.

The jump instructor was an Australian/Kiwi who had a very wicked smile. Definitely didn't inspire any confidence.

Not my proudest day.

@Muloghonto @sandeep

I was talking about bungee jumping! Sky diving (in tandem) was on my to-do list once, but I've wizened considerably after that. The thrills associated with such foolhardy endeavours I gladly forego.

I doubt I'd ever want to learn how to fly a plane, but  mulo's and sri's discussion makes for an interesting read.