INDIANS from NORTH-EASTERN STATES are now being attacked and harassed all over the country

Manny_Pacquiao

When people get scared, they tend to find some scapegoat to blame and they behave like this. Its basically out of fear. By the way, the OP is just as racist as the people who beat up NE people because he is also generalizing Indians based on actions of a few. What say ?

Edited by kubrickian

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I'm not the one who apologized tail tucked, and had to delete his own comments.  And, let's remember, I accepted it quite happily.  Wouldn't be the case if I was "sensitive".  Call it what you will though, you do you.  How about another photo-essay round the block?  Maybe this time you'll get a few dandas.:p:

And btw, google what it means when somebody uses a word in quotes.  

I am enjoying your flailing though, quite entertaining!  Some folks don't know when to stop digging.  :p:

I didn't delete the comment, i edited it, because i felt it was the decent thing to do. This is what makes me a nice guy.

Just now, Manny_Pacquiao said:

This is what makes me a nice guy.

:laugh:

Mr. "native born" American, do you have any idea what that phrase means in America? :laugh:  Do you know what incel means? They think they are "nice guys" too.

Edited by sandeep

11 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

You can call me a moron if you like, that's what the internet is for. Doesn't make my arguments any less valid though.

People like me? I don't even live in india, i'm here on vacation. I'm currently on lockdown, just like you... :hysterical:

I'm sorry, i don't have the means to "ask the entire world" what they think of china. And frankly, what some "people" think is irrelevant.

At this point, i'm not sure what you're replying to, so i'll bring the discussion back to where it needs to be:

Anti-chinese conspiracy theories create harmful stereotypes, and generally make every-day life for north-east indians far more difficult.

As the consequences are proven, there's nothing to debate. All i can ask of educated people like you is to not spread opinionated junk through whatsapp and other social media platforms. 

If some influential country does what China did, they would entertain such a theory. I don't think its true but someone right here in ICF was saying this. China is our no.1 rival due to geographics. If you want a world without stereotypes, you need to go to space to live in another world. Back to this topic. NE people facing this is unfortunate but they have to band together and create some resistance against the racism. I can't think of any other suggestions than the ones I have posted.

BTW, everyone is on their own anywhere in this world. They will only fight their own fights. they dont go around fighting for other people's behalf. SRK who was in "my name is khan" movie also made a cheap "chennai express" movie filled with stereotypes of southies. So someone who doesn't want to be stereotyped as a muslim went around and made a movie that created stereotypes about another group. I'm sure northies as well as northeasterners laughed while watching that movie. So me being a southie, I don't have a dog in this fight.

PS - I don't do whatsapp forwards.

3 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

When people get scared, they tend to find some scapegoat to blame and they behave like this. Its basically out of fear. By the way, the OP is just as racist as the people who beat up NE people because he is also generalizing based on actions of a few. What say ?

I'm fine with fear....if it's rational.

Attacks on north-easterners is not rational. That is xenophobia, born out of ignorance. Nothing less.

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

:laugh:

Mr. "native born" American, do you have any idea what that phrase means in America? :laugh:  Do you know what incel means? They think they are "nice guys" too.

I'm saving my nice-ness for you, uncle. It's because my Indian parents taught me to respect elders.

2 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I'm saving my nice-ness for you, uncle. It's because my Indian parents taught me to respect elders.

That's why I keep saying - despite your silliness, you are not a bad guy.  Your parents taught you right - its not their fault if their efforts didn't succeed fully!:p:  Besides, its a wellknown fact that ABCD kids tend to be messed up mentally.  Its a tough existence for that 2nd generation.  My sympathies.:p:  

Edited by sandeep

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If some influential country does what China did, they would entertain such a theory. I don't think its true but someone right here in ICF was saying this. China is our no.1 rival due to geographics. If you want a world without stereotypes, you need to go to space to live in another world. Back to this topic. NE people facing this is unfortunate but they have to band together and create some resistance against the racism. I can't think of any other suggestions than the ones I have posted.

BTW, everyone is on their own anywhere in this world. They will only fight their own fights. they dont go around fighting for other people's behalf. SRK who was in "my name is khan" movie also made a cheap "chennai express" movie filled with stereotypes of southies. So someone who doesn't want to be stereotyped as a muslim went around and made a movie that created stereotypes about another group. I'm sure northies as well as northeasterners laughed while watching that movie. So me being a southie, I don't have a dog in this fight.

PS - I don't do whatsapp forwards.

But that's the thing: you don't know exactly "what China did". All you have are theories.

The responsibility for stopping attacks on north-easterners lies with the public and the police, not with the north-easterners themselves. They are helpless victims.

Your suggestion isn't a good one.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That's why I keep saying - despite your silliness, you are not a bad guy.  Your parents taught you right - its not their fault if their efforts didn't succeed fully!:p:  Besides, its a wellknown fact that ABCD kids tend to be messed up mentally.  Its a tough existence for that 2nd generation.  My sympathies.:p:  

I think they did succeed, i was nice to you, wasn't I?

For your sake, i hope ABCD kids aren't messed up mentally, because then your own kid is in trouble.

6 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

But that's the thing: you don't know exactly "what China did". All you have are theories.

The responsibility for stopping attacks on north-easterners lies with the public and the police, not with the north-easterners themselves. They are helpless victims.

Your suggestion isn't a good one.

Beta, why do you pull random snippets from the post and go on the offensive. I never said this is my theory only whats discussed on this very forum. ok pumpkin. No one is a helpless victim. Once they form a good enough voting bloc and parties and associations, they will have their grievance addressed. Politics control the police who control the masses. My suggestion was a good one. Some people voted up my first post. Only I voted your post up. Now I'm wondering why. I don't think you have lived abroad probably visited those places with your old man's money. You wouldn't use "native born american" if you did.

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Beta, why do you pull random snippets from the post and go on the offensive. I never said this is my theory only whats discussed on this very forum. ok pumpkin. No one is a helpless victim. Once they form a good enough voting bloc and parties and associations, they will have their grievance addressed. Politics control the police who control the masses. My suggestion was a good one. Some people voted up my first post. Only I voted your post up. Now I'm wondering why. I don't think you have lived abroad probably visited those places with your old man's money. You wouldn't use "native born american" if you did.

Tell that to the Manipuri girl who got spat on by some guy in Delhi. I think she feels pretty helpless right now.

1 minute ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Well that's good to see.

I would like to see the major TV channels create a nationwide awareness campaign featuring north-easterners. All you can really do is educate people.

major news channels have diff priorities 

neways i dnt watch news channel so im surprised to know that it hasnt gotten a coverage ?? this guy was caught 2 days ago

34 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Tell that to the Manipuri girl who got spat on by some guy in Delhi. I think she feels pretty helpless right now.

No, you tell that to your fellow delhiites how to behave. chennaiites and southies in general are well behaved enough. We don't indulge in crass behavior that humiliates others. Hard to give lectures when you yourself are a misbehaving brat who defies curfew and has no care for others's safety. stop quoting me. leave me out of it. adios!

8 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

No, you tell that to your fellow delhiites how to behave. chennaiites and southies in general are well behaved enough. We don't indulge in crass behavior that humiliates others. Hard to give lectures when you yourself are a misbehaving brat who defies curfew and has no care for others's safety. stop quoting me. leave me out of it. adios!

Educated ones yes i agree but as a hindi speaking individual from northern part of India i have mixed experience for the few times i have visited Chennai. I would also upfront confess i last visited 8yrs ago so a lot might have changed.

7 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Educated ones yes i agree but as a hindi speaking individual from northern part of India i have mixed experience for the few times i have visited Chennai. I would also upfront confess i last visited 8yrs ago so a lot might have changed.

If something like what this delhiite did happened in Chennai, he would be beaten up by the local lower wage people like autorickshaw drivers. These lower wage people have other bad attributes such as intolerance towards other state people but they don't humiliate people like this. spitting paan on someone is the ultimate humiliation. Paan spitting and gutka chewing has increased in Chennai with the arrival of northie workers. some of these people spit every few seconds and don't even look at who is nearby and whether or not it may fall on them :facepalm:good luck with controlling this mass epidemic

13 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If something like what this delhiite did happened in Chennai, he would be beaten up by the local lower wage people like autorickshaw drivers. These lower wage people have other bad attributes such as intolerance towards other state people but they don't humiliate people like this. spitting paan on someone is the ultimate humiliation. Paan spitting and gutka chewing has increased in Chennai with the arrival of northie workers. some of these people spit every few seconds and don't even look at who is nearby and whether or not it may fall on them :facepalm:good luck with controlling this mass epidemic

Yup the spitting thing in general is disgusting but even above that is public urination but we are who we are and lets just hope we dont go Italy or US way.