Pregnant Wild Elephant Dies in River after Villager Feeds Her Cracker-filled Pineapple in Kerala

Ankit_sharma03

19 hours ago, zen said:

I may have plenty of time to spend on ICF or even stare at a blank wall but that does not imply that I should automatically devote my time on someone's half baked ideas esp. if they do not add much value to me. If you do not get the crux, I will make one more attempt: 

Overpopulation and a threat to the sustainability of the planet including its other species because of irresponsible human activities is an issue. If a community behaves irresponsibly, it has to invariably face consequences sooner or later.  The question is not if but when. The subcon has behaved irresponsibly and therefore could have to face consequences whether we like it or not. 

We cannot hope to continue to be a race that does not mind wasting someone (say the planet) $100 to save our $1. We cannot clean our houses to only dump that garbage in front of our neighbor's house as if the eventual disposal of garbage is the neighbor's problem. We cannot continue to live irresponsibly hoping that whatever mess we create will eventually be the future generation's problem (an issue for them to solve not ours, and the cycle continues). I am not even touching on other social issues and crimes. 

When the price or punishment (if you prefer) for such irresponsible behavior is equated to a reduction in population (also implying the seriousness of the issue that we have created). You want to term it as an exercise of killing, and probably hide behind concepts such as human life is more important (and as if that in turn gives human the rights to act irresponsibly and destroy what it pleases) and save yourselves. :lol: 

As is the hallmark of those who act irresponsibly and try to save themselves at any cost, you want to turn this into why not  kill yourself first as if I have pointed specific people out and ruled myself out if that is eventually deemed as the way forward. And not considered natural factors/disasters that could lead to a reduction without providing such choices. 

Buddy, people who want to act responsibly, put planet  above themselves, and make the wrongs right even at the cost of paying a high price do not keep an elitist mindset. On the contrary, people who think they can act in whatever way it pleases, reproduces without planning (for e.g. are you giving birth to children to make them beg to make a living, live on streets, suffer without medical care, develop half baked ideas by remaining undereducated, and so on), destroy the environment for their convenience, hurt other species, etc., are acting as if some great rights have been bestowed on them.  

You typed a wall of text and claim you don't have time. Oh the irony :rolleyes: All this environmental garbage you have typed still doesn't answer your first post which is "reduction of human population" by 50%. Admit your fault. Its not that hard. I'm also not in favor of destroying environment and wild life but I'm also not in favor of "reducing human population by 50%". Its not a half baked idea. Its very concrete.

Your mindset is elitist. Your mindset aligns well with rich bankers and royalty who look down on the filthy peasants as if we are the ones who destroy the life on earth. You do your own research on these people who also own oil companies and also complain about the carbon footprint. Its more like they destroy the earth's resources sometimes just for fun and assign the blame on to us.

Queen elizabeth's husband said he wishes to reincarnate as a virus to kill 90% of the human population. Maybe you should hang out with him :loco:. For the record, I'm not saying poor people are not at fault either but these rich aholes do the same and complain about overpopulation

18 hours ago, zen said:

Directly or indirectly, it is an attempt to reduce the population whether we like it or not. 

Hardly effective if that was the aim.

Malaria and diarrhoea probably kill more people every year.

This corona thing is more disruptive because of human handling of the situation.

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

You typed a wall of text and claim you don't have time. Oh the irony :rolleyes: All this environmental garbage you have typed still doesn't answer your first post which is "reduction of human population" by 50%. Admit your fault. Its not that hard. I'm also not in favor of destroying environment and wild life but I'm also not in favor of "reducing human population by 50%". Its not a half baked idea. Its very concrete.

Your mindset is elitist. Your mindset aligns well with rich bankers and royalty who look down on the filthy peasants as if we are the ones who destroy the life on earth. You do your own research on these people who also own oil companies and also complain about the carbon footprint. Its more like they destroy the earth's resources sometimes just for fun and assign the blame on to us.

Queen elizabeth's husband said he wishes to reincarnate as a virus to kill 90% of the human population. Maybe you should hang out with him :loco:. For the record, I'm not saying poor people are not at fault either but these rich aholes do the same and complain about overpopulation

My aim is not to sound good and/or be politically correct on such subjects :lol:  but to make aware that the worst case scenario of “reduction in population” can be a consequence and/or a decision that the future generation may need to take because of inheriting an environmentally fragile and overpopulated region. 

If we do not wish to put ourselves or the future generations in such a scary situation, we have to be extremely responsible now and understand what our thoughtless actions could eventually lead to. 

X or Y could exploit the subject to extract fringe benefits or act hypocritically, but that does not imply that the issues are unreal, we continue to act irresponsibly, and do not take proactive action and explore various scenarios.

It is a reality that the region is overcrowded, water systems highly polluted, the air difficult to breathe, and so on. Directly or indirectly, the conditions are causing/accelerating mortality too.  For solutions, we still get the fluff with people still wanting to sound good to probably continue to live in convenience and not stop practising things that are creating the issues in the first place.

We have to remember that the planet is to be treated like the precious heirloom, protected and passed from one generation to the next in good shape. It is not a thing to be sacrificed for our petty conveniences but a thing to sacrifice ourselves for as displayed by the likes of Bishnoi Tree Martyrs in the 18th century.

Edited by zen

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Hardly effective if that was the aim.

Malaria and diarrhoea probably kill more people every year.

This corona thing is more disruptive because of human handling of the situation.

It does not imply that more effective methods are unavailable or cannot be implemented in future if a point is reached where the situation needs to be rectified. 

4 hours ago, zen said:

My aim is not to sound good and/or be politically correct on such subjects :lol:  but to make aware that the worst case scenario of “reduction in population” can be a consequence and/or a decision that the future generation may need to take because of inheriting an environmentally fragile and overpopulated region. 

If we do not wish to put ourselves or the future generations in such a scary situation, we have to be extremely responsible now and understand what our thoughtless actions could eventually lead to. 

X or Y could exploit the subject to extract fringe benefits or act hypocritically, but that does not imply that the issues are unreal, we continue to act irresponsibly, and do not take proactive action and explore various scenarios.

It is a reality that the region is overcrowded, water systems highly polluted, the air difficult to breathe, and so on. Directly or indirectly, the conditions are causing/accelerating mortality too.  For solutions, we still get the fluff with people still wanting to sound good to probably continue to live in convenience and not stop practising things that are creating the issues in the first place.

We have to remember that the planet is to be treated like the precious heirloom, protected and passed from one generation to the next in good shape. It is not a thing to be sacrificed for our petty conveniences but a thing to sacrifice ourselves for as displayed by the likes of Bishnoi Tree Martyrs in the 18th century.

I'm not living in "convenience" but I cannot speak for others. I don't even have a two wheeler. Comparing our generation to Bishnoi tree martyrs in this age is a bit far fetched. Even if you want to live like a monk, there are no places where one can go. All land is occupied by corporate scumbags or govt. You are forced to live in the concrete jungles that they have created for us. These are the same people who also guilt trip us. If the govt, corporates or elite people in power want better for everyone, they would stop drilling oil and stop selling gas guzzling SUVs. They would allow meat and dairy for only those growing up. Instead they run big department chains that treat farm animals in the most cruel manner.

I lived in a time when we used to take our own bags to shop vegetables. This move by the NDA govt was the right one. That is more action oriented than guilt tripping by al gore and hollywood fakers.

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I'm not living in "convenience" but I cannot speak for others. I don't even have a two wheeler. Comparing our generation to Bishnoi tree martyrs in this age is a bit far fetched. Even if you want to live like a monk, there are no places where one can go. All land is occupied by corporate scumbags or govt. You are forced to live in the concrete jungles that they have created for us. These are the same people who also guilt trip us. If the govt, corporates or elite people in power want better for everyone, they would stop drilling oil and stop selling gas guzzling SUVs. They would allow meat and dairy for only those growing up. Instead they run big department chains that treat farm animals in the most cruel manner.

I lived in a time when we used to take our own bags to shop vegetables. This move by the NDA govt was the right one. That is more action oriented than guilt tripping by al gore and hollywood fakers.

To varying degrees,  all of us are at fault even for remaining mute spectators.  Therefore, I have talked in terms of a collective responsibility.