England vs West Indies | 2nd Test | Manchester | Jul 16-20 | Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

That's it, for me Stokes is MVP of the cricketing world, even higher than Smith. In tests he is in the same class as the legendary 80s all rounders, also so clutch. 

I'd say he's better than them. 

His 2019 summer was just out of the world. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

I'd say he's better than them. 

His 2019 summer was just out of the world. 

You can't forget the amount of luck he has had. I know luck favors brave but he has been too lucky. We need to see how he performs in asia & aus and if he can win match in those conditions.

Edited by Nikola
3 minutes ago, Nikola said:

You can't forget the amount of luck he has had. I know luck favors brave but he has been too lucky. We need to see how he performs in asia & aus and if he can win match in those conditions.

Agree. 

I think if he either 

- Wins a test series in India or Australia 

(or)

Wins another ICC event with key               contributions from him 

Then he'll comfortably pull ahead of Kapil, Botham and Imran. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Agree. 

I think if he either 

- Wins a test series in India or Australia 

(or)

Wins another ICC event with key               contributions from him 

Then he'll comfortably pull ahead of Kapil, Botham and Imran. 

Should keep tests & odis separate i guess.

He has to be key player (mos) in India/Aus win. In last 1 year he has peaked as batsman but has been really lucky in same period. I want to see how he does when luck goes against him specially will happen in India or aus tour for him.

In odis he did play multiple clutch knocks in world cup but he needs to do in t20 worldcup or 2023 worldcup again to be considered in top all rounders in limited overs. Let's see if he gets better with age and how he ends his career. 1 Year peak is too small to judge i guess.

54 minutes ago, Gollum said:

If India were in this position we would have wasted another half hour for one of our batsmen to get a 100. That is how we *ed up the 2018 Delhi test against SL, wasted a lot of time for Rohit's 50. 

Well that one guy who shall not be named cried when dravid declared on 194 for Team's benefit. If that guy didn't moan or cry in the past maybe Kohli would have declared you know.