Steve Smith and David Warner's return won't worry Indian pacers: Gambhir

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt think pujara will do well this time, their no.1 target this time wud be pujara and i strongly feel he wont do well this time. 

Why wud kohli fail, he has scored runs on all aussie tours. 

I am ready for this tour to be the one where the next generation stands up and establishes itself.  Agarwal, Pujara, Gill, Saini, and, of course the continued success of Bumrah.    

On 7/16/2020 at 2:07 PM, maniac said:

Ishant round the wicket to Warner should be the strategy. Ishant is similar to Broad in bowling style and equally good if not better in helpful conditions. Hope Bewda and his vanar sena pays attention.

Experts, what are Smith's and Labuschagne's weaknesses?  Which of our bowlers is best suited to exploit them?

41 minutes ago, maniac said:

Jadeja vs Smith or Short ball at his throat.

Jadeja bowling isnt same in australia as india

The short ball attack can be best done by one guy but either he ll warm bench or wnt travel

Labu vs Kuldeep/Ashwin/Jadeja or conventional swing bowler like Bhuvi

In aus u wnt get much conventional swing neither it ll spin much. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
On 7/16/2020 at 11:28 PM, Nikola said:

Playing xi comparison between 2018 series and last series Australia played.

2018                                  2020

y7q2Fmc.png            UyByalM.png

Except head (who was top scorer in 2018 series as well), their all batsman have been changed from that series. So it's not that just warner & smith coming back but their whole batting lineup looks different now.

2020 batting line up is much stronger for Australia.

Having said that Ishant shammi and bumrah broke the australian team - at least one of these three bowlers excelled in each innings. my memory serves me that Umesh was a big disappointment against australia - but still i would dump him only if he is bowling under 140K continuously. I saw him focusing too much on line and length and as a result not pressing hard to generate Pace. Result was a shrewd line and length but trundling pace at 130 to 139K. when shammi continuously bowled between 135 to 146K.

i do not say that 145k or 146K balls are the Best balls , they can be hit for a four or 6 too, But they do leave an Impact.

since I have opened i was most disturbed by balls that my eyes could not see properly and hit my bat or left me faster than expected. Most difficult balls were the one going close to my nose and i thanking my stars that i wore an helmet.

shammi  and bumrah are in form but i think ishant is slowing down. even bumrah seems like slowing down a little. saini has emerged but lets see if he is good enough to be picked in the 11. Long story short I see our attack barring SHAMMI not at its peak.

i tell you i have defended some balls on my bat just by guessing that the ball is bouncing on my shoulders - just by seeing a bit that the ball is possibly bouncing high till shoulders and not able to watch it till it hits my bat. not that i got out to those balls but they created a scare in me and i did not go on front foot against that specific bowler so it was just a matter of time that i was playing with in the crease and finally got a snick.

there was a line n length trundling medium pace bowler in our team , he used to get fifer's regularly but I used to hit him on nets regularly and found him a very easy bowler. He asked me the reason - my response was that i know that his pace s gentle medium pace and i always attack him on the front foot, my mental frame of mind is positive and most comfortable against him so he is easy meat for me.

when a fast medium bowler bowls he can always tie a batsman if he bowls Line and length but whether he would get his wicket or not is not sure. He has to unsettle the batsman. batsman should not be batting at his best against him or must be a bit scared or be on the back foot playing a fast bowler.

i never got out to bowlers against whom I was most comfortable or very confident. i always(mostly) got out to the FASTEST bowler of the team as i was always inside the crease in a defensive frame of mind.

Thats why if i managed to face the first 4 overs and remain not out  , I would always score well.

thats one reason why I support Fast bowlers the most.

4 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

2020 batting line up is much stronger for Australia.

Having said that Ishant shammi and bumrah broke the australian team - at least one of these three bowlers excelled in each innings. my memory serves me that Umesh was a big disappointment against australia - but still i would dump him only if he is bowling under 140K continuously. I saw him focusing too much on line and length and as a result not pressing hard to generate Pace. Result was a shrewd line and length but trundling pace at 130 to 139K. when shammi continuously bowled between 135 to 146K.

i do not say that 145k or 146K balls are the Best balls , they can be hit for a four or 6 too, But they do leave an Impact.

since I have opened i was most disturbed by balls that my eyes could not see properly and hit my bat or left me faster than expected. Most difficult balls were the one going close to my nose and i thanking my stars that i wore an helmet.

shammi  and bumrah are in form but i think ishant is slowing down. even bumrah seems like slowing down a little. saini has emerged but lets see if he is good enough to be picked in the 11. Long story short I see our attack barring SHAMMI not at its peak.

i tell you i have defended some balls on my bat just by guessing that the ball is bouncing on my shoulders - just by seeing a bit that the ball is possibly bouncing high till shoulders and not able to watch it till it hits my bat. not that i got out to those balls but they created a scare in me and i did not go on front foot against that specific bowler so it was just a matter of time that i was playing with in the crease and finally got a snick.

there was a line n length trundling medium pace bowler in our team , he used to get fifer's regularly but I used to hit him on nets regularly and found him a very easy bowler. He asked me the reason - my response was that i know that his pace s gentle medium pace and i always attack him on the front foot, my mental frame of mind is positive and most comfortable against him so he is easy meat for me.

when a fast medium bowler bowls he can always tie a batsman if he bowls Line and length but whether he would get his wicket or not is not sure. He has to unsettle the batsman. batsman should not be batting at his best against him or must be a bit scared or be on the back foot playing a fast bowler.

i never got out to bowlers against whom I was most comfortable or very confident. i always(mostly) got out to the FASTEST bowler of the team as i was always inside the crease in a defensive frame of mind.

Thats why if i managed to face the first 4 overs and remain not out  , I would always score well.

thats one reason why I support Fast bowlers the most.

This is exactly why TM and selectors must get rid of the mindset that Navdeep Saini is an LOI bowler and get him ready for tests.  He is aggressive, has hostile pace and seems like he has the fitness to bowl 10-12 fast overs on the trot.  On the first morning in Gabba, Aus walks out to bat to face Bumrah, Saini, Shami and Ishant at their fresh, hostile best.   Reduce them to 30/5 and don't let up.  Dream scenario for the Indian fan!

On 8/5/2020 at 6:13 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

This is exactly why TM and selectors must get rid of the mindset that Navdeep Saini is an LOI bowler and get him ready for tests.  He is aggressive, has hostile pace and seems like he has the fitness to bowl 10-12 fast overs on the trot.  On the first morning in Gabba, Aus walks out to bat to face Bumrah, Saini, Shami and Ishant at their fresh, hostile best.   Reduce them to 30/5 and don't let up.  Dream scenario for the Indian fan!

against africa, boomrah rocked and hit practically every batsman that faced him.

i get a big high seeing that, once a fast bowler hits a batsman, its just a matter of time that he would get that batsman. few good batsman manage to save themselves from this rough period. i l be happy to see aussie batsman roughed up.

i am very keen to see Prasidh also being picked in 16 for australia.