Shoaib Akhtar BANNED for 5 Years

Actor will be back. PCB is a circus' date=' and all these bans are hogwash. They will lift it soon.[/quote'] I agree with this statement, he will be back in the squad. This drama might have been played to give him a break to prepare for the coming IPL matches, may be ;)

I don't accept this ban, it's harsh and unfair, says Shoaib SLAMABAD, April 1: Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar on Tuesday made it clear that he would take legal course to get the five-year ban imposed on him by the Pakistan Cricket Board overturned. "I have always given my best for my country and the national team. I do not accept this ban. It is a harsh and unfair decision as far as I am concerned," he said in a statement shortly after the Board announced the ban on him for repeated violations of the players code of conduct and acts of indiscipline. "I am shocked at this decision. I was expecting them to be lenient because I went and apologised for my actions and statement to the disciplinary committee today," he said. Shoaib said he would hire the best lawyers to go and fight his case in court as he had the right to appeal against the ban. "I will try to get this ban overturned. Because it is a stigma for me and a blot on all the efforts I have put in for Pakistan team," he added. PCB Chairman Nasim Ashraf told a news conference the authorities had "lost confidence in Shoaib" and had "enough" of his habitual indiscipline. He said the pacer had become a damaging influence on the team and the Board was sad but had no option but to accept the ban recommended by the disciplinary committee. Shoaib accused some people within the Board and Pakistan cricket of trying to destroy his career and cooking up controversies. "I will not rest until I get this ban cleared. I have always been committed to the team and given my best. This is how they repay me with such a harsh decision," Shoaib said. The 32-year-old fast bowler had also escaped from a doping ban in December 2006 after he appealed against the two-year ban imposed on him by a drugs inquiry tribunal after he tested positive for a banned substance before the 2006 Champions Trophy in India. Former Test captain Intikhab Alam said the ban was justified as there could be no compromise on discipline. "There is no doubt you don't get bowlers of his speed everyday but no compromise must be made on discipline. The Board has taken a courageous decision and after showing much patience." Another former Test player, Iqbal Qasim, however, felt the decision was a bit harsh. "I just feel sad for a fellow cricketer as it could end his cricket career. I hope they reduce the ban because he can still play for a couple of years." Former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif said he was shocked by the ban. "The players make the Board tick and this is too harsh a decision. I think it needs to be reviewed. Shoaib is not a bad person and is misunderstood. The Board should have penalised him but not this harshly it is a loss for Pakistan cricket," Rashid said. Member of Parliament Hanif Abbasi said he would take up the ban issue in the newly elected parliament and the new government would not allow the ban to stay for long. http://cricket.indiatimes.com/News/Features/I_dont_accept_this_ban_its_unfair/articleshow/2917569.cms

Soon to follow breaking news: Akhtar issues statements to the media on his unfair treatment by the PCB Akhtar issued a show cause notice for his statements to the press Akhtar dropped from IPL Akhtar clarifies his comments and apologises to PCB Australia to reconsider their postponement of Pak tour PCB willing to initiate talks with Akhtar Australia negotiating a shoretened series with the PCB Akhtar is grossly misunderstood: DNA Australia to play in Pakistan Akhtar will spearhead Pak's attack in the upcoming test series I am a match winnah: Akhtar (at the beginning of the test series) Akhtar injured for the rest of the series. (after the Australian series) Bangladesh & Zim to play triangular in Pakistan. Akhtar banned for 3 weeks by the PCB. (at this point, you can go back to step (1) above & replace Australia with India and repeat the above)

Soon to follow breaking news: Akhtar issues statements to the media on his unfair treatment by the PCB Akhtar issued a show cause notice for his statements to the press Akhtar dropped from IPL Akhtar clarifies his comments and apologises to PCB Australia to reconsider their postponement of Pak tour PCB willing to initiate talks with Akhtar Australia negotiating a shoretened series with the PCB Akhtar is grossly misunderstood: DNA Australia to play in Pakistan Akhtar will spearhead Pak's attack in the upcoming test series I am a match winnah: Akhtar (at the beginning of the test series) Akhtar injured for the rest of the series. (after the Australian series) Bangladesh & Zim to play triangular in Pakistan. Akhtar banned for 3 weeks by the PCB. (at this point, you can go back to step (1) above & replace Australia with India and repeat the above)
Brilliant :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:.This reminds me of our old computer programming class in college . After few steps repeat from step 1.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :two_thumbs_up:
It's funny because it's so true!:hysterical::hysterical:
:cantstop::cantstop:

I just have a sneaky suspicion that all this is for comic relief, to distract the people of Pakistan from the real issues that affect them and keep 'em entertained. IF this decision is reversed, and there is realistic possibility it will be, then that will be the ultimate volte face ever, even by the terrible standards of PCB.

JIC u think GAND attack is too pace heavy they have this allrounder Razzak option ( in place of Gul) to have a well balanced RAND attack!
Failing that, they could always unleash their fearsome three-prong PACE BATTERY of Gul, Anjum, Yasser Arafat, aka the GAY attack. Batsman all over the world would quiver at the prospect of facing these flamers.
I just have a sneaky suspicion that all this is for comic relief, to distract the people of Pakistan from the real issues that affect them and keep 'em entertained. IF this decision is reversed, and there is realistic possibility it will be, then that will be the ultimate volte face ever, even by the terrible standards of PCB.
Sriram, dont be fooled by all these big talks from these hypocritical imbeciles. This is the same guy (DNA) who BSed the world about his zero tolerance policies, when he was presiding over the farcical trial with a doctored jury that let dopey & mopey walk away with a slap on their wrists, for one of the worst crimes in sports. These guys will do just about anything to fulfill their short term needs.
Sriram' date=' dont be fooled by all these big talks from these hypocritical imbeciles. This is the same guy (DNA) who BSed the world about his zero tolerance policies, when he was presiding over the farcical trial with a doctored jury that let dopey & mopey walk away with a slap on their wrists, for one of the worst crimes in sports. These guys will do just about anything to fulfill their short term needs.[/quote'] But I dont understand, if they are go keep flip-flopping like this ever so often, dont they realize that they will be the laughing stock of the world ? Cant PCB do ANYTHING properly ? Cant they, for once, act like a professional organization they claim to be ? And imagine actually having to deal with these guys, I pity BCCI and the other boards.